Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Max- when I was pregnant with my 4th son all 3 of my boys said no they wanted a sister. But after I had him none of them even cared and they all fought to hold him and help with him and wouldn't leave him alone. Fast forward with my 5th child who is my only daughter and that time they all wanted a sister and let me tell you they love on her so much and always fought to hold her when she was a baby, they include her in everything, she's never left out. And she always wants to play cars and legos and stuff with them and they even play baby dolls with her and barbies to. Now fast forward and a couple of my boys said they wanted another sister this time but only because they wanted her to have a sister. And for a while I felt that way to but then I realized that gender doesn't matter that much to have them be close. It's how they are raised. I had plenty of brothers and sisters, I am the youngest of 8 (4 sisters and 3 brothers) and I don't have a close relationship with any of them really. And never really did when I was younger either. I have seen in my kids a close relationship they all have. And it makes me realize that no matter the age gap and the gender difference they can be very close to each other and love each other alot. Trust me when your baby gets here you will love him and so will your daughters and it will be better than you ever thought it could be! And you will get to experience that father and son bond which is great to see! Plus you get to buy new really cute clothes and things for your precious son. Trust me God has given you a blessing in disguising. A mother and son bond is really great! I am excited and can't wait for my 5th son and 6th child to finally arrive, I am so excited for the mother son bond again.☺

2. Likes XXforhubby, Skyblue, Shannshaff liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    MAx, how us the cute cute stuff you bought your little man! I'm sure showing him off and what you are preparing for him would help a bit
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yes max I'd love to see some of the blue cuteness!

(07) (09) (14)(15) EDD 1-15-18
    (07) (08) (09) (14) (15) and praying for a to finish off our family

My Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    max that is great that your sister is able to understand first-hand how you feel, though obviously i dont mean that im happy about you both experiencing GD just that it is good for you to have someone so close who understands, her 3 boys will be same gender playmates for your little man in the same way that im sure your 2 girls are for her little girl if you guys are really close then its basically a big extended family of 3 girls and 4 boys your little man wont be an outsider, i fail to see how he could be in a family as close and loving as yours!! your mum sounds so lovely i get her wanting you girls to have what she had but on the other hand in having your boys you and your sister are getting to experience a side of parenting that your mum didnt get to have, you are both getting to experience daughters and sons and im sure she will just love being Grandma to yours and your sisters boys
    now 6blue5pink

6. Likes AshFind liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Skyblue have you made any boy purchases yet?! How are you feeling?! On cloud 9 still I imagine

Maxim yes agree share a pic of your purchases too

It's gone fairly quiet in here compared to normal, hope you are all well. I've had the tiler in this morning to tile the playroom! I'm so excited to have made a start! Next step is sanding and painting which I'm hoping to start this week. The tiler comes back to do the grout on Wednesday so I should be able to start sanding on the weekend. Cant wait to post some before and after pics which I'll likely do on facebook. That reminds me, for anyone in here that hasn't seen previous messages, send me a pm if you'd like to join the ddg on facebook

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

8. Likes Mommy2apples, Skyblue, Shannshaff liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You’re right PBN, pretty quiet here!

Ooh how exciting for the tiling!! Definitely post pics – am sure it will all look amazing kudos to you for doing the work preggers and with your little one with you…
    We are tossing between the girls sharing M’s room so we can keep our big playroom and bub can get the smallest bedroom that is currently E’s bedroom – or closing the dining area in our living to make it into a bedroom so each girl can have their own space.
    Not ideal, as it is the only upstairs access to our deck but I do like the idea of each girl having their own space, especially as they grow older…. Drawback is that the bedroom will be removed from the rest of the night area so not 100% sold on it yet.

16 weeks today – still feels unreal – still haven’t told work either… bit of an awkward place as my boss has refused for me to go back full time as she claims she’s used my 20% salary to budget for a contractor (in a role totally unrelated to mine, so not to pay someone to work in my job on Fridays) – and I have to try to fight it back, but am just soooo not wanting conflict but at the same time, I have been doing 100% of the work for the last 15 months on a 4dys/week basis so on a 80% salary, so feel so tired and stretched…sigh
    My brothers are super happy to be uncles again – which is really cute – feels nice to ”feel the love” a bit after so many negative comments = as I was telling Max the other day, I think my way of coping will have to be the absolute bestest mumma to my girl tribe as possible – the kinda of mum that all the other kids wish were theirs

Gotta run – give us news everyone!
    x
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

10. Likes Mommy2apples, Skyblue liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats Sky!

I feel like I'm one of the only people in world who doesn't care to have a boy. I just don't get it. Everyone always seems shocked to find out I'm having girl #3 and NOT depressed or upset about it. I get all kinds of comments "better luck next time"...umm no next time. "At least you can reuse your kids clothes"....my youngest is nearly 6 and her baby items have been long gone. "The poor poor dad"....yes so terrible to have 3 little girls (and 1 big one) looking at him like he's the most amazing man in the world. I literally want to slap people. I don't understand where they feel like it's ok to make comments like this to strangers to try and make them feel bad about the gender of their unborn child because it's not the opposite of what they already have.

12. Likes XXforhubby, Bluebooties liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry guys! I have been around - just busy with school starting back for another term. Currently 29 weeks and feeling very disorganised! That week in hospital through me off my plans with everything.
    I have a hen's weekend that I'm bridesmaid for (so hosting that!) next weekend coupled with then her away wedding next month (I'll be 36 weeks pregnant for!) so it's just going to get busier!!
    DD Feb 2016
    DS Dec 2017 Thank you atomic and gender dreaming. My sway worked!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here - just busy! October is busy at work for me, our oldest has been sick, etc.
    Max - I'm about the same as you Thanks for asking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mommaxo3 i honestly thought i was the only person who never wanted a boy!! so its nice to see someone else who feels the same, i only ever wanted an all girl family, i could have 10 girls in a row and id still want number 11 to be a girl!! the stupid comments towards same-gender families are so irritating its like you have to have a perfect 50/50 gender split to satisfy people, but not everyone wants that for their family, i also dont understand wishing for a boy, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it of course and i hope everyone gets their dream families but i just cant see the appeal to "its a boy" for me personally, despite trying my absolute best too.. does this sound awful? i dont mean it too :-/
    now 6blue5pink

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast