Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelbear View Post
    We did talk about it as we are both older too but have decided just to go with NT scan and bloods as he feels it is just so expensive but he does want to find out gender asap. I am worried to find out as I know hubby loves our two boys so much but finds their endless energy a handful sometimes and dearly wants a Little princess this time. I don't think he will cope well the rest of the pregnancy if he knows it's a boy and I probably won't either although I know healthy is the most important. I know we will both love this baby once it is born so I am torn as to wait or find out. The wait will kill me though!
    I really hope this is your girl Kelbear. It is so hard dealing with gd during pregnancy for both of you. My dh doesnt have gender desire at all but he suffered along with me last time because he knew I was disappointed but could not fix it. He always feels like he has to fix everything ( man thing?) but unfortunately gender is just one of those things we can't control.

I know you will love this little one regardless but I'm still crossing everything for you that you and your husband get your princess xx
    Proud Mum to two gorgeous boys
    2014 2016
    Swayed expecting beautiful DS3 due Feb 2019
    Dreaming of a in 2020

2. Thanks Kelbear thanked for this post
    Likes kikurose liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by simkan View Post
    Ladies I am in need of some advice and it's not even about gender! Lol
    So before I found out I was pregnant we were meant to go on a family holiday with my parents and meeting my brother and his family in Queensland (Australia) in January. So I'd be 35-37 weeks pregnant. It's overseas for us from NZ so obviously I can't go anymore. (Nothing had actually been booked. Accommodation reserved but 100% free to cancel and not payment had been made so not an issue to cancel)

So basically we are immigrants to NZ. My parents are our only family and don't have the kind of friends we can call on if I went into labor early. I was 36 weeks when my water broke with DS2. Is it ridiculous that I assumed my parents would postpone? They go away alot so not like it's something they've been planning for ages. I'm feeling really sad that I feel like they're putting me in a position that I have to ask them not to go. Considering they've travelled to my siblings to be there for the birth of there babies and now are going away when it's likely I could be going into a labor? Besides the fact that there would be no one to look after my sons? And we are really close. I feel completely blindsided but also that it's totally bratty to say they shouldn't go?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ah Simkan that's a hard one! But if I have any advice it's to be as open as possible and start the conversation with them about your concerns. Maybe they havent realised that they will be away when you are likely to go into labour?
    2014 2016
    Dreaming of a in 2020

4. Thanks simkan thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I sort of mentioned it casually. My mom mentioned that they'll be away and I was like- oh ok, you're still planning on going? I'll be as far along as I was when DS2 was born....
    And I just left it at that.
    Her response was pretty much- oh I'm sure it will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by kittendreams View Post
    Ah Simkan that's a hard one! But if I have any advice it's to be as open as possible and start the conversation with them about your concerns. Maybe they havent realised that they will be away when you are likely to go into labour?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelbear View Post
    If your parents have travelled to visit other family members when they had a baby do you think they will likely want to postpone anyway to be there for you? Is there any chance they or all of you could look at travelling earlier (eg. September or October) so you can still safely fly? I hope you don't feel guilty asking them to postpone or change dates and that they are happy to change for you and excited to hear of your pregnancy.
    Honestly I was so shocked that they were still planning on going. It never crossed my mind that they'd possibly miss the birth of one of my kids.
    My mom has been in the delivery room with us both times and she even cut the cord on both my sons because DH was too nervous too.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by simkan View Post
    Honestly I was so shocked that they were still planning on going. It never crossed my mind that they'd possibly miss the birth of one of my kids.
    My mom has been in the delivery room with us both times and she even cut the cord on both my sons because DH was too nervous too.

Oh wow yes I get why you are shocked too- I would be upset too.
    I guess all you can do is tell her how much it means to you for her to be there again and see what her response is.
    Parents can really hurt at times. My mum didnt call me for a month after I found out about ds2 being another boy because she thought I would be upset so she didn't want to bother me
    I only found out because she told my sister.
    I literally sent her a text telling her it was another boy and got no response!
    2014 2016
    Dreaming of a in 2020

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kittendreams View Post
    Oh wow yes I get why you are shocked too- I would be upset too.
    I guess all you can do is tell her how much it means to you for her to be there again and see what her response is.
    Parents can really hurt at times. My mum didnt call me for a month after I found out about ds2 being another boy because she thought I would be upset so she didn't want to bother me
    I only found out because she told my sister.
    I literally sent her a text telling her it was another boy and got no response!
    Wow that would upset me too, I guess though she was probably coming from good intentions that she didn't want you to get upset. I think sometimes where our parents miss is they think when we're upset that they're either responsible or have to fix it, but sometimes it's just having a safe place to let your emotions out. My dad is very much like that. He'd rather wait for me to get over what ever has upset me.

I'm hoping that in my situation she thought I was exaggerating when I said I'd be nearly 38 weeks by the time they get back and I'm hoping that when she got home she looked at the calendar and realized it's cutting it fine and will either change the date or cancel. My brothers wife is pretty selfish so she'll probably say they have to go then and my parents can go or not go. But whatever. It is what it is.

9. Likes kittendreams liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree! It is what it is.
    And yep my dad is exactly the same- least said soonest mended!
    2014 2016
    Dreaming of a in 2020

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Had my appointment this morning. Got to see a sweet little gummy bear on the screen. She only did a Sono because she found the heartbeat within 2 seconds with the Doppler. And she said that’s very rare at 10 weeks. Still measuring 10w 4d though! I won’t complain that I got to see a sweet little baby!
    So my OB is skipping the nipt this round. She said they rarely do them anymore since much better testing is available. So no ultrasound until the anatomy scan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes kikurose liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahptrussell View Post
    Had my appointment this morning. Got to see a sweet little gummy bear on the screen. She only did a Sono because she found the heartbeat within 2 seconds with the Doppler. And she said that’s very rare at 10 weeks. Still measuring 10w 4d though! I won’t complain that I got to see a sweet little baby!
    So my OB is skipping the nipt this round. She said they rarely do them anymore since much better testing is available. So no ultrasound until the anatomy scan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yay, Hannah! That's wonderful!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone else dealing with extreme fatigue? I don't recall with my first pregnancy if it was this bad. But I wake up tired and go to bed tired. I've kept up my exercise, decreased my caffiene to a suitable amount, and rest when I can. But it seems like I am only able to function on zombie mode!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast