Swayed: Having:
    Due Date: March 28, 2019

Username: hopper
    Swayed: Hoping for: Having: Team
    Due Date: March 31, 2019

Username: Gafan
    Swayed: Having:
    Due Date: April 3, 2019
    Last edited by ABC.2606; September 18th, 2018 at 09:50 PM.
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

2. Likes Cassidy4, hopper liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay, new thread!

Had an annoying interaction with someone today. She was clearly pregnant and had a son and DD was playing with him. The mom asked if she was my only and I mentioned I was pregnant and she seemed surprised and asked when. It turned out she was only a month ahead of me, but even another mom was surprised I was pregnant too. The preggo mom then went, "Oh well we're having another boy, so that's why I'm all out front. I always wonder if we had a girl if I'd be flatter too." And gestured to my stomach, as if assuming it must be a girl. Which I can't let go of now.

I KNOW how you carry is an OWT, and I remember so many people thought DD was a girl because I was "all baby in front" -- but I DO get self conscious because my SIL (the only one who thought DD would be a girl) thought I carried like I was having a girl around 6 months -- and honestly, I thought this woman today was having a boy even from just seeing her bump from afar.

It's set off a lot of really bad GD. So much so that I've even thought, "I wish I had found out early so I could have not had another girl." Like this is the most triggered I've been, maybe because it's the first implied girl guess? And i was certainly was right about her by bump alone :/

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m so sorry, ya know it never ceases to amaze me what people will say... I’m pretty sure I’m carrying this one in my hips and butt... my muscle tone is absolutely terrible and always has been, which I 100% believe determines bump shape and size.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I should clarify I’m just huge. My stomach is huge. I could tell people I’m due any day and no one would question it. I’m totally like a turtle on its back every time I get up lol and it’s a girl

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty View Post
    I’m so sorry, ya know it never ceases to amaze me what people will say... I’m pretty sure I’m carrying this one in my hips and butt... my muscle tone is absolutely terrible and always has been, which I 100% believe determines bump shape and size.
    Right? And truly I felt empathy because other things she said totally made me think she had her own GD -- but her trying to throw it on me is so shitty. And I read that it IS muscle tone and body shape so I'm frustrated that this has taken over as my latest OWT to obsess over. And I am SURE you are not as big as you think. I think we get practically dysmorphic when we're pregnant because it's such a sudden, temporary change. I looked up pics of me when I was the same gestation with DD and can't believe I thought I looked pregnant -- I really didn't look it at all! Our eyes can be so deceiving once our bodies start changing!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Doesn’t mean crap. I was carrying my girl high and gained weight every where. Brads cousin was also carrying a girl beach ball belly gained weight no where else. We were due a week a part.

6/2003 2/2009 12/2012 4/2015 2015 2016 The Lord Answered my 2017🤰due June 2018, with a healthy to fit into our crazy bunch, and Complete our Family!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a
    Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

8. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2apples View Post
    Doesn’t mean crap. I was carrying my girl high and gained weight every where. Brads cousin was also carrying a girl beach ball belly gained weight no where else. We were due a week a part.

6/2003 2/2009 12/2012 4/2015 2015 2016 The Lord Answered my 2017��due June 2018, with a healthy to fit into our crazy bunch, and Complete our Family!

Thank you! I need so many reminders. My other SIL had a girl when I had DD and hers was like this low baskeball just in front -- then her second girl she gained everywhere. A cousin had a boy for her first and a girl for her second and she was just swollen everywhere with not really a discernible bump so much as just a really round and wide front for both?

I know better. I wish I didn't let these comments or OWT
    get to me.

10. Likes Mommy2apples, kikurose liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea once I again I think that whole thing is just crap. Your body carries a baby the way it knows how to carry it - that's all.

At the risk of being your second annoying interaction today (and I really don't mean to & I know you know I mean well), you're just going to drive yourself completely crazy the rest of the pregnancy by focusing so much on these OWT (as well as the comments from everyone around you) that really, really have no basis in fact. And I know we all do it - I've Googled just about every pregnancy symptom in the book I think & not one of them have I ever found a clear correlation to gender. Every single one you see some people saying they had it with boys, some with girls, some with both, some with neither. Heck as far as the being more sick with girls thing, I'm no more sick this pregnancy than I was with my boys, and I'm not just carrying a girl, I'm carrying TWINS! By that OWT and just the fact that twins are supposed to make you sicker, my head should have been stuck in a toilet this whole pregnancy so far! I've had quite a bit of nausea this time but have actually thrown up a LOT less than I did with the boys. As such, I'm gaining weight WAAAAAY faster than with my boys (in fact I gained no weight in the first trimester with them - even lost weight with DS1), and like Pretty I feel huge! I've gained probably 10 lbs already and my thighs and stomach just feel BLECH. But, I lost 50 lbs over my 1 year+ swaying and was at my lowest adult weight ever when I got pregnant so that probably affects my perception too. I'm still at a lower weight than I've been most of my adult life. But like you kind of said above our own perceptions get distorted sometimes by different factors.

I often wonder if with all the worry you're going through about all these things if you wouldn't be better off finding out the gender, but I know you've said you're more worried about your reactions/emotions if you found out it was girl and the effect on the rest of the pregnancy. So I get that and know you're doing what's best for you, and I wont pressure you to change your mind! I just wish there was a way you could - if you aren't finding out - be able to find more peace with the pregnancy without all these things getting to you so much! And again - I mean that in the nicest way... I just hate to see you so stressed so much! It's such a difficult place to be in I know. I was a full on wreck the night we opened the NIPT report and honestly couldn't decide if I wanted to know or not. I wanted to know so much but ONLY if I could know there was at least one girl and if there wasn't, I didn't want to know at all - ever! LOL! Such a weird range of emotions!

I'm still sayin' let's just all pray/keep our fingers crossed that you get an accidental penis shot on the day of your anatomy scan! That would be AMAZING!
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

12. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes kikurose liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No way are you an annoying interaction, I ♡ you!! And man, trust me -- I won't survive this pregnancy if its confirmed girl. I am actually so much less stressed this pregnancy by being purposely ignorant of gender -- you all are just my only place to rant about anything gender related! I think it was just such a rudeish thing for her to say/
    project it just... triggered me!

I am already feeling better again, and silly me is blaming Mercury in retrograde for the whole convo in the first place lol!

But let's all pray for penis! haha

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My sister didn't find out with either of her pregnancies. Her first, based on bump, OWT, all pointed to girl and he is ALL boy. I've been right with both of her pregnancies. Her second she had all the OWT pointing to boy, guess what she had? Girl.

I have googled every syptom, like Abc said, and nothing is common in pregnancy or we would all be able to know right away (wouldn't that be awesome, though?)

We drive ourselves crazy, but GD is a real thing and it's always good to acknowledge and not shy away from such a taboo topic. To me, I am hoping for a girl because I have a little boy. I have five nephews. But husband doesn't understand GD and says he will be happy either way but I have already warned him I will be upset and he needs to allow me my time to grieve and move on.

I have basically had to put blinders on with this pregnancy and focus on myself and walk away or change the subject when it comes to gender. I find ways to dance around the topic, because until I know for sure I don't want to play "what if". Sorry, TP. I don't feel like I havs very much advice to give other than we all understand and you just have to work it out however it works for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast