Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well and feeling good. I’m at the 20 week mark and still haven’t felt anything (anterior placenta) so really waiting for the little bub to kick and move around.

I had my anatomy scan a couple of days ago and I think the sonographer pretty much gave away the gender - and of course it was not the one I wanted and my GD has been really triggered the past few days.

For now, I’m still holding on to hope that there’s a little pink bundle waiting for me although who knows.

Hope everyone struggling with GD is doing ok and that you are all feeling well.
    Last edited by Lilyflower; December 10th, 2018 at 07:44 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyflower View Post
    Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well and feeling good. I’m at the 20 week mark and still haven’t felt anything (anterior placenta) so really waiting for the little bub to kick and move around.

I had my anatomy scan a couple of days ago and I think the sonographer pretty much gave away the gender - and of course it was not the one I wanted and my GD has been really triggered the past few days.

For now, I’m still holding on to hope that there’s a little pink bundle waiting for me although who knows.

Hope everyone struggling with GD is doing ok and that you are all feeling well.
    I had an anterior placenta with my last pregnancy and it did take some time. I believe I felt him around week 20-21. I hope you feel little one soon!

Also regarding the tech... my best friend went team green for her last pregnancy and the techs (2 different appt anatomy scan then another scan at week 32 and 2 different techs) both let out a "he" and so she thought that's what she was having well needless to say that she had a girl! I think the techs just want to say he/she bc that's what they are used to saying once the genitals can be seen. I hope this is the case with you too and you get the gender you are hoping for.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Lilyflower thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all!
    I got to see my little girl today at 20 week scan:

Good news is she’s healthy and BIG!!!

Bad news, still with complete placenta previa and probably our new years vacation to the beach is off the table... given that I also have the subchronic hematoma so doctor prefers I stay put.....
    Just wanted to share this update with you all... hope everyone is fine and enjoying them kicks!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Due in April/May/June 2019

Oops I posted twice sorry

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations HappyMommy on your baby girl!!!

I've been MIA just trying to deal with my GD. It got worse for me when one of my friends who is the biggest tomboy is having her first baby and its a girl. It stings a little bit. I put a big smile when she announced it which I am happy for her but still sad for myself if anyone knows what I mean. Then in more news I just found out this past Friday that my department is closing and my last day is Jan 14th. DH wants me to stay at home and just do my side hustles of baking and crocheting. If I did stay at home that does give me the slight opportunity to have baby #5 since I don't have to worry about daycare but I wouldn't dare mention that to him right now. I'll just have to see how everything goes. So for right now I won't be getting my tubes tied which gives me to hope to do a proper sway and up my chances for having my long awaited DD. But who knows.

How has everyone been?
    Mom to four wonderful boys 6/2009 2/2011 11/2017 3/2019
    M/C2010
    Surprise BFP!! Baby # 5 Due Feb 5th 2021 IT'S A GIRL!!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sorry to hear about your job ahorn! that really really sucks!

once you guys are financially sound, i'm glad you get to be home for the rest of your pregnancy though. I for one hate working while pregnant lol

a little hope definitely goes a long long way! i hope #5 can happen for you guys

8. Thanks ahorn586 thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies! Our anatomy scan is next week and I'm still team green, but starting to question a little now due to hubby being team yellow. He's flipped back and forth but says he just has to know and doesn't think he can keep it to himself with me. I'm torn, there are 3 main reasons I don't want to know...
    1. I love surprises and just think this would be an amazing way to truly bond with baby and not have to deal too much with reason 2 bc our bind will be there regardless of gender. Also I had a vivid dream of c section day and LO is born and I'm anxious to know the gender but not from the Dr. but from my DH and my hubby just thinking it's funny not to tell me right away. (Btw I dreamt LO was a girl) but even with the expected pain in the butt he was it felt special finding out this way.

2. Gender disappointment, I'm nervous about not being able to come to terms if baby is a boy since I know for a fact this lo is our last one. And I often question if I'll get depressed. I mean I feel in my heart that I wouldn't and would just be grateful and content that our lo is healthy but still nervous about this.

3. The pressure of family and friends. I constantly hear, "oh this one has to be a girl" and I always think well what if baby is a boy? Will you not care to be in his life? Will you treat him differently?

DH says we should find out and just not share with anyone at all and let them be surprised. That it would help with reason #2 & #3 and that he'll feel more connected to lo as he'll know the gender. Just wondering, what do you ladies think?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing4Pink'19 View Post
    Hi ladies! Our anatomy scan is next week and I'm still team green, but starting to question a little now due to hubby being team yellow. He's flipped back and forth but says he just has to know and doesn't think he can keep it to himself with me. I'm torn, there are 3 main reasons I don't want to know...
    1. I love surprises and just think this would be an amazing way to truly bond with baby and not have to deal too much with reason 2 bc our bind will be there regardless of gender. Also I had a vivid dream of c section day and LO is born and I'm anxious to know the gender but not from the Dr. but from my DH and my hubby just thinking it's funny not to tell me right away. (Btw I dreamt LO was a girl) but even with the expected pain in the butt he was it felt special finding out this way.

2. Gender disappointment, I'm nervous about not being able to come to terms if baby is a boy since I know for a fact this lo is our last one. And I often question if I'll get depressed. I mean I feel in my heart that I wouldn't and would just be grateful and content that our lo is healthy but still nervous about this.

3. The pressure of family and friends. I constantly hear, "oh this one has to be a girl" and I always think well what if baby is a boy? Will you not care to be in his life? Will you treat him differently?

DH says we should find out and just not share with anyone at all and let them be surprised. That it would help with reason #2 & #3 and that he'll feel more connected to lo as he'll know the gender. Just wondering, what do you ladies think?

Wow that’s such a difficult decision! From everyone I’ve talked to who has waited for the surprise, they say it’s the best thing they did (but this is mostly friends who do not have GD). I know Atomic does suggest sometimes that finding out may be better if you think you will experience severe GD and be very disappointed after giving birth.

I don’t think you should pay any attention to family and friends - everyone always has an opinion but it’s YOUR decision whether to find out or not and I don’t think you should let anyone interfere or pressure you into finding out!

As for hubby wanting to know, that’s a tough one and I get the urge to be able to picture the gender for the last few months. I guess my only advice is really weigh out the pros and cons of finding out and take your time to really decide for yourself what will be the best for your mental wellbeing. Especially if this is your last child, it’s important that you make it into the experience you want so that you can look back and feel you followed your heart rather than let others decide for you.

Just my two cents!! Good luck mama!! Let us know what you decide

11. Thanks Wishing4Pink'19 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Regarding your point about others minding their own business or making comments, we haven't told anyone except my sister and some close friends because I feel like the older generation in my life are more likely to say stupid things about gender. For everyone else when they ask are you going to find out or is it a boy or a girl I say we are waiting. And they assume that means waiting to find out, what I mean is waiting to tell people.
    We found out before birth
    because I want a time to adjust, and this is our last one so I'm glad that I've had some time to work through my GD. I think that's a decision that only you can make, and if you feel like you could bond with baby better not knowing or hold onto hope for a longer, that is absolutely reasonable. Also, will I know fathers have rights, I tend to think that since you're carrying a child and giving birth the mother ought to have the final say in big decisions like this.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

13. Thanks Wishing4Pink'19 thanked for this post
    Likes MrsEnglish liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by missiz View Post
    thanks for the update MrsEnglish, good to hear from you xo

at what week do you get your ultrasound? i got mine done at 18 weeks and they said that was perfectly fine.

oh wow, I hope the move went ok, it can take alot out of you for sure!! hope you are settling in nicely now.

look forward to hearing what you are having? xox
    I find out in 8 days! Will definitely update you all.

Everything is going well for me. I still have random bouts of mild nausea, but nothing to complain about. This pregnancy is pretty similar to my first, so of course I hope that means another girl, but logically I know I'm grasping at straws there, lol.

Wishing you all healthy pregnancies and a happy holiday season!
    born 2017 after girl sway: AI + Clomid
    born 2019 after girl sway. : AI + j&d (no Clomid)
    Due #3 Nov 2020: AI + breastfeeding

15. Likes gafan, Wishing4Pink'19 liked this post
Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast