Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ABCso happy to hear your twins have arrived safely..what great weights, am sure they are absolutely divine!!!
    So sorry it was so rough though, you are a rock star!! Take it easy, as much as you possibly can!
    Tp, hope things are settling with bub
    Hopper, 4b2p...whilst my desire is for a boy, your words echo soooo much with me.
    I was already so strongly set on a boy/boys when I fell pregnant first (even after 2 years of infertility ! Oh the guilt!)..and would never have chosen to have girls if I had had the choice of one gender only. The guilt has been horrid and already worry about o will deal with a #4 if not a boy..this time I think I managed ok because hubs agreed in principle ttc #4 sothe door wasn’t closed forever and my chance at a son was remote but there.
    Of course now they are here and adore the hell out of them (as much as They drive me bonkers lol).. I think they are loud, lively, stubborn , crazy girls to make sure they are acknowledged somehow..it’s crazy but think they need to stand out because they were not the boys I hoped for ?!! So they make sure I know they are there
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

2. Thanks hopper, 4blue2pink thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ABC you are superwoman!! Congrats on the safe arrival of your twins and for growing them so well. Sorry to hear the birth / after the birth wasn’t great. I also haemorrhaged and ended up in theatre after DS2... I was given drugs to contract my uterus quicker and was is so much pain as well. Keep up any pain meds they offer. My emotions were also all over the place after it so be kind to yourself. Enjoy those precious babies of yours xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never understood the "we've got one of each so we're done" statement. They are not fashion accessories! I couldn't have stopped at two I love babies so much!
    I used to say I wanted 7 kids just to annoy anyone smug. Nearly got there in the end lol
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

5. Likes Throwaway_panther, 4blue2pink, hopper liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ABC, I am so sorry that your birth ended up so traumatic and I am desperately hoping you're doing better. You are so amazing to have ended up with a vaginal twin birth afterall and with FIVE hours between deliveries. I can only imagine how stressful that window of time was for you and am thinking of you.

4blue and hopper, all of your words have resonated with me so much and while I feel like I really bummed out this EDD group, I am really glad to see not only how not alone I am in how I feel... but to see that you both HAVE gone on to get your DG helps. Because at the moment, I sit here just trying to think at all positively going forward. It was one thing when I got a girl after starving myself, drinking a ton, overexercising, etc. It's another to have gotten a girl after swaying for over two years and very likely losing many boys, especially after unviable boys with IVF. I always knew it was an odds game: it just sucks that my run of bad luck and odds not going in my favor is continuing. 4blue, I think we are SO similar in all of this that it's crazy; especially with terminations being probably the only mentally sound option for us, though our partners (already such issues for us) being absolutely against it. I feel tears just wanting to express how grateful I am for you to share just how you've felt, and also how happy I am that my words really do help so many of you.

Atomic, I really appreciate your words too -- it really struck me how true this is. GD from the get to has made pregnancy borderline torture from the get go for me and I am envious of anyone that has just been able to be happy...

So thank you all so much. I have been reading every post these last few days.

While my experience is nothing like ABC's, I unfortunately have had an extremely traumatic experience postpartum in the hospital that I want to write about when I get a chance to sit down and type, so despite labor and recovery going better than I ever could have expected, I feel very sad that the hospital and my husband ended up traumatizing me in a very unexpected way.

7. Likes Thinkingofthree liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, bbb, I had one of each and I will admit I thought at first I was done, but after Ashtyn got older I wasn’t done I wanted more and I wasn’t even done at 3 and 4.
    Last edited by Mommy2apples; January 16th, 2019 at 02:04 PM.
    Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

9. Likes Babybeaublue liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hugs tp, I’m so sorry they made it awful for you.
    Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    ABC, I am so sorry that your birth ended up so traumatic and I am desperately hoping you're doing better. You are so amazing to have ended up with a vaginal twin birth afterall and with FIVE hours between deliveries. I can only imagine how stressful that window of time was for you and am thinking of you.

4blue and hopper, all of your words have resonated with me so much and while I feel like I really bummed out this EDD group, I am really glad to see not only how not alone I am in how I feel... but to see that you both HAVE gone on to get your DG helps. Because at the moment, I sit here just trying to think at all positively going forward. It was one thing when I got a girl after starving myself, drinking a ton, overexercising, etc. It's another to have gotten a girl after swaying for over two years and very likely losing many boys, especially after unviable boys with IVF. I always knew it was an odds game: it just sucks that my run of bad luck and odds not going in my favor is continuing. 4blue, I think we are SO similar in all of this that it's crazy; especially with terminations being probably the only mentally sound option for us, though our partners (already such issues for us) being absolutely against it. I feel tears just wanting to express how grateful I am for you to share just how you've felt, and also how happy I am that my words really do help so many of you.

Atomic, I really appreciate your words too -- it really struck me how true this is. GD from the get to has made pregnancy borderline torture from the get go for me and I am envious of anyone that has just been able to be happy...

So thank you all so much. I have been reading every post these last few days.

While my experience is nothing like ABC's, I unfortunately have had an extremely traumatic experience postpartum in the hospital that I want to write about when I get a chance to sit down and type, so despite labor and recovery going better than I ever could have expected, I feel very sad that the hospital and my husband ended up traumatizing me in a very unexpected way.
    TP you have NOT bummed out our dd group. Birthing babies is not all rainbows and sunshine there is so much more to it and that's why we are here for eachother. I personally go into a dark dark place after birth ( not all gd related- some is childhood related as my mum had severe untreated post partum psychosis for 13 years). And like you and others I have never had a pregnancy without gd ( I cried at the 20 week ultrasound with ds1 and went into a depression and it hasn't gone away since then- 4 years on). So I get it- I love my boys endlessly and I do not feel worthy of being their Mum with these feelings, but there is so much simmering under the surface for me when it comes to pregnancy/birth/ postpartum.
    Please please please share with us as much as you feel comfortable sharing because we are all here for you and desperately want to to support you xx
    Proud Mum to two gorgeous boys
    2014 2016
    Swayed expecting beautiful DS3 due Feb 2019
    Dreaming of a in 2020

12. Likes MiaMelb, Thinkingofthree liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Meanwhile I went to the hospital yesterday to book in my c section and the obgyn said straight up - so I'm assuming you will want to be sterilised during the operation!!!
    Wtf???
    I burst into tears and just thought I would throw up.
    Is this a sign I should just do it and put myself out of my misery of wondering if I'll ever get my dd?
    Proud Mum to two gorgeous boys
    2014 2016
    Swayed expecting beautiful DS3 due Feb 2019
    Dreaming of a in 2020

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tp you have not bummed out the group at all. We all understand your feelings. I'm only "bummed" that you didnt get what you wanted because I really hoped that you were.
    Kitten - that is so rude. I cant believe he would say that. You just do what you feel in your heart. I know in my head that we are done having kids. Jut my heart says not to make any permanent decisions and leave something in god's hands.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

15. Thanks kittendreams thanked for this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kittendreams View Post
    Meanwhile I went to the hospital yesterday to book in my c section and the obgyn said straight up - so I'm assuming you will want to be sterilised during the operation!!!
    Wtf???
    I burst into tears and just thought I would throw up.
    Is this a sign I should just do it and put myself out of my misery of wondering if I'll ever get my dd?
    Good god no! Who says that? You’ve got 3 children right ? Not like 30. Did he say it as a joke?? I am learning quite a bit about America.. while here, and an OB you choose yourself and you only see that one person always right? Perhaps he just got comfortable and made a stupid comment..

Bless you, some people just really don’t think before they open their mouths. A complete lack of emotional intelligence.

Hugs kitten, I’ve been keeping up with you since I read your sway.

Lil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Thanks kittendreams thanked for this post
Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast