Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    SG - good to see you over here! Congrats again on BFP!!!! I'm due September 19 so FX for our boys

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyginger View Post
    Hi everyone! We got our BFP on Friday, 11 DPO! I’m so happy to join y’all! I see some familiar names from Dec and Jan TTC forums! We swayed blue! I’m praying for a sticky, healthy baby boy! Due September 20.

2. Likes Sillyginger liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Random question - isn't it impossible to get a false 'boy' NIPT result? As in, geneticists could not detect a Y chromosome in your (mum's) blood work if there wasn't a boy on board? I always thought if there was a mistaken NIPT test result it would be 'girl' because both mum & bub have at least x chromosomes (aka they missed collecting the bub's Y chromosome in the bloodworm sample)

Atomic....?

Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    yay Blue2 Congratulations and everything crossed for this to be your boy!! i read your other thread, you were living an unintentional pink sway with your DD werent you its amazing how many of us come on here and suddenly see why we have our boys/girls!!

violagirl if that NIPT is wrong i'll be so surprised, they are so so reliable especially with a boy result!! aww little wooden trucks are so cute!! you could do a baby brother reveal for your girls with them

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue2 View Post
    Random question - isn't it impossible to get a false 'boy' NIPT result? As in, geneticists could not detect a Y chromosome in your (mum's) blood work if there wasn't a boy on board? I always thought if there was a mistaken NIPT test result it would be 'girl' because both mum & bub have at least x chromosomes (aka they missed collecting the bub's Y chromosome in the bloodworm sample)

Atomic....?
    Hi Blue2

This is what atomic wrote in another post. Hope it helps. I’m logically my NIPT is accurate but it’s just the emotional bit of myself that finds it hard to believe I’ll be (fingers crossed) having our son

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    They can tell the difference between the DNA from past pregnancies and current pregnancies. I can't find it now but I read about how they do it and I was satisfied by the process. It's 97-99% accurate for gender depending on what test you use.

You can have the test too early but my understanding is that it isn't about the baby's organs developing, it is the amount of comingling with your blood. Early in pregnancy the baby doesn't yet share your blood supply and the yolk sac is providing nutrition so there's not much of its DNA in your blood yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone! We got our BFP on Friday, 11 DPO! I’m so happy to join y’all! I see some familiar names from Dec and Jan TTC forums! We swayed blue! I’m praying for a sticky, healthy baby boy! Due September 20.
    Welcome and congratulations! Fingers crossed you get your healthy baby boy !

6. Thanks Sillyginger thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone. I’m kind of bummed. My OB has me come in for blood hcg today because I’ve had a miscarriage in the past, and while the number is reassuring for a viable pregnancy, it’s on the higher side. 610 at 15 dpo. I keep reading that higher hcgs are associated with more girls. Of course I will love another baby girl, but I swayed as hard as I could.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone. I’m kind of bummed. My OB has me come in for blood hcg today because I’ve had a miscarriage in the past, and while the number is reassuring for a viable pregnancy, it’s on the higher side. 610 at 15 dpo. I keep reading that higher hcgs are associated with more girls. Of course I will love another baby girl, but I swayed as hard as I could.
    Hey don’t worry about those things ! I don’t think fetal heart rate or hcg or anything really indicates either gender.

With my two girls, didn’t get a BFP ( very faint) til after period was due, hcg was low to start and slow to climb, no morning sickness, both measured about a week behind their EDD and both were born at 3kg exactly on their due date.

This pregnancy I swayed boy and NIPT says boy - I got a BFP ( wildly strong) 3 days before period was due, high hcg start and climb, horrible morning sickness til 10 weeks, and today bubs is measuring 5 days ahead of EDD....

You just never know , fingers crossed this is your boy

9. Thanks Sillyginger thanked for this post
    Likes Blue2 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really looked into this after I got my bfp at 8dpo this pregnancy. It really seems it's 50/50 still. There actually seems to be no way to predict gender. Some things work for some people and not for others. Or even some predictors work for one pregnancy and not another. All the old wives tales said girl for ds2 and some, like the Chinese calendar, still do! Hcg levels are really just another old wives tale, try not to read into it! I know, easier said than done!
    💙Ds1 2012
    💙Ds2 2014
    💙Ds3 2016
    💗Prayed then swayed GIRL due with my 🌈July 2019💗 IT'S A GIRL!!💕

11. Thanks Sillyginger thanked for this post
    Likes Kayla2178 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks viola and raisinggentlemen! Viola, it helps to know you had higher hcgs with your boy.

13. Thanks ruupau thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all I got my bfp @ 10 DPO, and I swayed pink, an application that I use is saying due date September 30th, so am here join the due date

Sent from my A7155_X4_mini using Tapatalk

15. Likes GirlieCat liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks viola and raisinggentlemen! Viola, it helps to know you had higher hcgs with your boy.
    Sorry Sillyginger I clicked thanks and like by mistake

Sent from my A7155_X4_mini using Tapatalk

Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast