Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all so much ladies X
    Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    sorry you've been in hospital Hopper fingers crossed they stay put a few more weeks!! but those estimated weights are fab, my cousins baby was born at 31 weeks 7 years ago weighing 3.5lbs and you'd never know no complications at all. Apparently all the special care baby unit staff were saying at the time what a great weight that was for this gestation so it sounds like your 2 will be in a really strong position if they do come soon. your dh sounds like a star
    did baby A go head down? if they are in the right positions are you hoping to have them naturally?
    That's great feedback to hear 4b2p!! I know the sonographer was taken by surprise when she read out the estimated weights as I don't really look like they'd be that size by 30 weeks. She said they COULD have gained another 1lb each by 32 weeks if they stay gaining at the rate they were gaining at which would be FAB to hear but I don't have that scan til next Tue!
    Both babies have gone head down now which was very welcome news. The midwives doing my checks when I went in with the pressure and pains said that Baby boy is so far down in my pelvis he has himself completely wedged in and has very little room to move his head. And boy don't I know ALL about it!! I'm optimistic I can try to have them naturally. Those midwives reckoned my history should stand to me. I've had speedy medication free deliveries with my previous guys and LB is in the optimum birth position (facing my back, knees tucked in, chin tucked and head firmly down) so here's hoping!! Obviously it's LG that could give us the hassle and there's a 4% chance of needing a section after vaginally delivering LB but I'll discuss all that with my OB when I see her next week! Plenty of rest between now and then to keep these bambinos cooking!!! X

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    2012 2014 2016

2. Likes Throwaway_panther, aira22, gafan liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hopper View Post
    Thank you all so much ladies XThat's great feedback to hear 4b2p!! I know the sonographer was taken by surprise when she read out the estimated weights as I don't really look like they'd be that size by 30 weeks. She said they COULD have gained another 1lb each by 32 weeks if they stay gaining at the rate they were gaining at which would be FAB to hear but I don't have that scan til next Tue!
    Both babies have gone head down now which was very welcome news. The midwives doing my checks when I went in with the pressure and pains said that Baby boy is so far down in my pelvis he has himself completely wedged in and has very little room to move his head. And boy don't I know ALL about it!! I'm optimistic I can try to have them naturally. Those midwives reckoned my history should stand to me. I've had speedy medication free deliveries with my previous guys and LB is in the optimum birth position (facing my back, knees tucked in, chin tucked and head firmly down) so here's hoping!! Obviously it's LG that could give us the hassle and there's a 4% chance of needing a section after vaginally delivering LB but I'll discuss all that with my OB when I see her next week! Plenty of rest between now and then to keep these bambinos cooking!!! X

fingers crossed they have gained that extra 1lb each i will also mention my friend had her 1st baby at 29 weeks!! and he's now a healthy 6 year old you would never ever know he came so early, he has no problems at all, the odds were not in favour of that happening but it did!!
    thats great news about them both being head down!! 1 vag and 1 c-section would be really rough, but once #1 is out (if you dont have epidural) i guess you could get upright to try and make sure #2 comes down properly? ive no idea about twin births i just assume its more like a singleton birth once #1 is out..
    stay put babies not long till those double snuggles
    now 6blue5pink

4. Thanks hopper thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    kelbear i had 3 under 3 too and it is hard work!! but i promise you it gets easier my first 3 are now 8,7,6 and its a world away from when they were 2,1,0!!...
    Wait, your oldest is only 8??? Come on, you must be SUPER WOMAN!! Mamas like you make me get my butt up again, when I think I am overstrained by having to take care of 3 small ones and being pregnant LOL.
    (thank you atomic!)

6. Thanks 4blue2pink thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopper - I’m sure that’s been scary and stressful the past few days!! I’m glad you’re home and are trying to take it easy. I made DH do most of the school drop offs/pick ups towards the end too bc I was just so big and exhausted, I couldn’t handle it!!

34 weeks is a great goal - and hopefully they’ll stay in even longer! When I reached 34 weeks and things started getting stressful with my cervix all the doctors and nurses kept telling me that 34 weeks was great for twins & that if they were born then they would do great! And even at 32 weeks which you basically are now the risks of long term issues goes WAY down! So no matter what these babies are going to do great!! The steroid shots will help too IF they do come soon!

And yay for both babies being head down! You should be a great candidate for delivering both vaginally!! The whole needing a csection after vaginally delivering baby A had me really really freaked out too - it’s a possibility but like you said it only happens 4% of the time! When I was waiting for HOURS for baby b to come out after baby a was born (it was 5 hours total between them), I was sure we were headed for a csection, but baby b was never in distress so it was ok to just wait and continue to labor until we FINALLY coaxed him out! I had to push and push while nurses pushed on my abdomen to get him to move down into the birth canal - gravity did not work for us lol!!!

One thing to consider if you have them vaginally is if you don’t have an epidural and they do need to do an emergency csection, they may not have time to give you the epidural or a spinal and they’d have to put you under general anesthesia so you’d be asleep for the birth. Docs here really recommend getting an epidural for that reason. Just something you might want to ask your doc about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

8. Thanks hopper thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by aira22 View Post
    Wait, your oldest is only 8??? Come on, you must be SUPER WOMAN!! Mamas like you make me get my butt up again, when I think I am overstrained by having to take care of 3 small ones and being pregnant LOL.
    yes my oldest is 8, we have 8,7,6,4,3,2 and 1 (im that crazy lady with the million kids all really close in age ) aww thankyou how old are your 3? honestly i feel like it has got so so much easier now my older ones are getting older, it was harder having 3/4 kids who needed me for every single thing than it is now with 7 kids and the older ones been more able/independent!! i promise you it gets easier not long now till you meet your boy !! how are you doing?
    now 6blue5pink

10. Likes kittendreams liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopper, I hope you and babies are doing okay and getting some rest!

I'm 36 weeks on Saturday. I keep getting random contractions, nothing consistent. I have OFFICIALLY reached the "any movement causes a lot of grunting stage". I just have three weeks till I'm induced if he doesnt arrive on his own.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

12. Likes hopper, kittendreams, gafan liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eighme View Post
    Hopper, I hope you and babies are doing okay and getting some rest!

I'm 36 weeks on Saturday. I keep getting random contractions, nothing consistent. I have OFFICIALLY reached the "any movement causes a lot of grunting stage". I just have three weeks till I'm induced if he doesnt arrive on his own.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Almost there!! Those last few weeks are tough but your little man will be here soon!!!

2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    fingers crossed they have gained that extra 1lb each i will also mention my friend had her 1st baby at 29 weeks!! and he's now a healthy 6 year old you would never ever know he came so early, he has no problems at all, the odds were not in favour of that happening but it did!!
    thats great news about them both being head down!! 1 vag and 1 c-section would be really rough, but once #1 is out (if you dont have epidural) i guess you could get upright to try and make sure #2 comes down properly? ive no idea about twin births i just assume its more like a singleton birth once #1 is out..
    stay put babies not long till those double snuggles
    I'll definitely make a mention of that to my OB. I know that they say the odds of baby 2 flipping after baby 1 is out is quite high so I really need to find out how my OB feels about the possibility of having to deliver baby 2 breech if the need arises. Obviously depending on whether baby gets distressed or whatever. I'd like to avoid the section but once they both arrive healthy and safely I can live with everything else!
    Oh double snuggles!! I can scarcely imagine it if I'm being honest!!! It just doesn't seem real even now!

2012 2014 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC.2606 View Post
    Hopper - I’m sure that’s been scary and stressful the past few days!! I’m glad you’re home and are trying to take it easy. I made DH do most of the school drop offs/pick ups towards the end too bc I was just so big and exhausted, I couldn’t handle it!!

34 weeks is a great goal - and hopefully they’ll stay in even longer! When I reached 34 weeks and things started getting stressful with my cervix all the doctors and nurses kept telling me that 34 weeks was great for twins & that if they were born then they would do great! And even at 32 weeks which you basically are now the risks of long term issues goes WAY down! So no matter what these babies are going to do great!! The steroid shots will help too IF they do come soon!

And yay for both babies being head down! You should be a great candidate for delivering both vaginally!! The whole needing a csection after vaginally delivering baby A had me really really freaked out too - it’s a possibility but like you said it only happens 4% of the time! When I was waiting for HOURS for baby b to come out after baby a was born (it was 5 hours total between them), I was sure we were headed for a csection, but baby b was never in distress so it was ok to just wait and continue to labor until we FINALLY coaxed him out! I had to push and push while nurses pushed on my abdomen to get him to move down into the birth canal - gravity did not work for us lol!!!

One thing to consider if you have them vaginally is if you don’t have an epidural and they do need to do an emergency csection, they may not have time to give you the epidural or a spinal and they’d have to put you under general anesthesia so you’d be asleep for the birth. Docs here really recommend getting an epidural for that reason. Just something you might want to ask your doc about!

Oh ABC I am BEAT!! I've heard it said now several times that it's easier when they arrive than it is now as I'm just so tired! I know there'll be two babies to deal with but surely my sleep quality should be better when I can get more comfy and when my breathing isn't horrendous! DH keeps asking if I've fallen asleep cause I'm taking such deep heavy breaths!
    I think my own personal goal of 34 weeks is cause if they come earlier they will be sent to a different county as our hospital wouldn't have the capacity to take smaller preemies!! 3 days til I'm 32 weeks and then another fortnight til I can breath a bit easier!
    It's great to hear your feedback on delivery ABC. It's still so fresh I'm sure. Five hours between, my God you are super woman!! Did you have the epidural? I had a really horrid delivery of my third (I don't like pain relief, had a bad experience with it on DS1) but I'm thinking the epidural may be the way to go when there's that chance it can go so pear shaped and need a section. I'd HATE to be knocked out for that. And twin B is my girl too so I'd miss her arrival after all my hard work to get her!!! I just want to make sure that if I opt for a vaginal delivery that they can guarantee me the epidural. I don't want to hear of there being a possibility I won't get it for one reason or another. If that's the case I might just opt to go the section route despite really not wanting to! I'll know a lot more next week all going to plan!!

2012 2014 2016

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup I’m tired but I’m less tired than those last few weeks of pregnancy!!! And sleep is much easier!!! I had the worst hip pain when I slept and it’s amazing to have that gone now!

I did have an epidural and it was amazing! I didn’t feel the contractions but I was still able to lift/move my legs which was absolutely necessary for all the pushing!!

Definitely ask your doc lots of questions about delivery and how they handle twins. I feel like it’s a much more complicated decision with twins and there are a lot of factors to consider. I had planned the entire pregnancy to have a csection because I thought it would be the safer/ more controlled choice. I didn’t change my mind until 35 weeks or so after baby b flipped head down and I talked to several doctors about what they thought made the most sense. They all felt that given that both babies were head down and that I’d had vaginal deliveries in the past, trying a vaginal delivery made more sense. But bc I had had complications with DS2 I was really nervous about it!! After I delivered them, the first 24 hours or so I regretted doing it vaginally because of the hemorrhage I went through after they were born. But I talked to my doctor about it bc he believes the hemorrhage would have happened even with a csection bc my uterus was just SO over extended and exhausted! And he also reminded me that if I did hemorrhage with a csection, not only would I be dealing with the anemia that I’m dealing with now but I would have also have the incision to deal with as well. So ultimately I think it was probably the right decision and I’m glad I got them out vaginally. But on the twin mom FB group I’m in, moms agonize over the vaginal vs csection decision all the time bc it’s just like I said a more overwhelming choice to make with twins! Ultimately you have to do whatever you feel most comfortable with and as long as you have doctors you trust things will work out great!!

2013 2015
    Three babies

17. Thanks hopper thanked for this post
    Likes gafan, wildlyluna liked this post
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast