Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You don’t have to tell people yet sonny.. just wear baggy tops. Do it when you feel ready.. that might be when you find out the gender. We’ve still not told family. My work colleagues found out as my work top is getting tight and I was sick at work. Plan to tell family and friends on Sunday after the gender scan.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it's really difficult to tell as it's so curled up.
    I've compared but they so different as this bub is not in a good position.
    The skulls look a bit different. I'm just like you two weeks ago and obsessing.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha and I’m still completely obsessing now!! So glad it looks different.. fingers crossed it’s a girly

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Had my first appointment yesterday and I'm feeling so bummed because I can't get the NIPT test. The Nurse Practitioner said I'm low risk so we would have to pay out of pocket and I can't afford that
    I'm getting the 1st trimester screening with the NT ultrasound and have my ultrasound booked for June 6th when i will be 12w6d, so hopefully I can at least get a good nub shot
    I've been kind of avoiding getting on here recently because I've just been really down. My anxiety has been really bad and I am also just having trouble processing because I have a strong feeling this baby is going to be a boy and I just want a girl so badly. I think all of that combined is just making me feel really disconnected from the pregnancy and I'm really having trouble even feeling excited about it. I know feelings/intuition about gender doesn't mean anything, and I know I will love the baby regardless, but at least at this point we aren't planning on having more than 2 kids so this is kind of my last shot for a daughter unless hubby changes his mind and we try for #3 sometime down the road. I just feel really defeated right now and I'm frustrated that I probably wont know the gender for sure until the end of June now.
    Sorry for the rambling just needed to vent, I don't really have anyone to talk to because I haven't told anyone I'm pregnant yet because I want to find out the gender first before I announce so I can just tell all the news at once (because I know I won't be able to handle all the "oh I hope it's a girl this time" comments from my family).
    Anyway, hope everyone else is doing well! Can't wait to hear what everyone is having!
    Last edited by SummerHope; May 23rd, 2019 at 11:07 AM.

Welcomed our much awaited princess in 2019 after a pink sway and then our 2nd girl in 2021 after a very relaxed pink sway

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Summer hope I think we can all relate to exactly how you are feeling. It’s such a difficult in limbo stage for us. It’s very hard to imagine a daughter after so long of wanting one. I really hope you get your dd this time but I can tell you that 2 boys together is very special. They have a different bond to a pigeon pair I think. Also you never know what will happen later down the line. My ds2 was definitely the last but that desire just didn’t go and here we are again.

I think the anxiety and feeling low and disconnected are very normal feelings. I felt like that after finding out the gender with ds2 but as soon as he came it went. GD really is a bitch, and I don’t think anyone can understand until they’ve been there.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Omgosh I've been reading the last two pages holding my breath.
    Am so nervous for you Sonny, really want you to hear girl.
    How long until your next scan ?

I think you're doing the right thing not posting the scans for guesses.
    That can drive you crazy and its not like everyone is an expert.
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Wow Mrs sparkles that’s a brilliant result! Do you mind if I ask how old you are? Mine was 1:4500 which is a lot higher than my first which was 1:20000 i think.. I was only 27 then though. I wonder how they work it out.
    Im an old Mama. 37!!!!

Yesterday was so tough, our friends had their baby.
    Team green and they had a baby girl.
    Im so happy for them, went out and bought lots of cute girl clothes as gifts.
    I tried to show my hubbie and he got really choked up and walked out.
    When i spoke to him he said he doesn't know why hes being so silly, but that he feels so jealous and gutted that we are getting a boy and they have a girl when they were not even bothered either way.

Now I feel so sad for him, like I had no idea GD could be strong like this in men.
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh sparkles that must have been so hard for you. I know a few women on here have swayed because of hubbys desires and not their own so must be more common than we think. I think for them it’s harder to connect with baby until they are there. If you do have a boy (big IF there) then he will feel better once baby arrives i’m sure. I always feel that pang whenever someone announces they are having a girl. It’s such an awful feeling as I hate being jealous.. it’s mixed as well as you obviously want people to get whatever they hope for but I always feel very sad for myself initially, sometimes very down.

Waiting is driving me mad. I feel sick with nerves for my gender scan. I feel strongly that they are going to say boy. I think i’ll crumble in emotion. Almost wish I was going alone as don’t want to put my DH through it. I hate being upset with him as he never knows what to say/do and it upsets him. I feel like cancelling it but I won’t. So nervous.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sonny how are you doing? What date is your next scan? Do you think you’ll ask them if they can see gender? Think by 15 weeks potty shots are fairly conclusive

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    And I am absolutely convinced that without benefit of ultrasound you cannot know what side you ovulated from.

Ovulation pain does not tell you what side you ovulated from. I know this based on the reports of hundreds if not thousands of people in which they insist they had to have ovulated from a certain side and then have an ultrasound done in which they're flabbergasted to find out they actually had ovulated from the other side.

People are now contacting me upset over this post which is highly misleading and puts words into my mouth that are out of context. I was reporting on ONE STUDY and they found that in a three month pattern (REGARDLESS OF MONTH) when the ovulation pattern was L, L, R, that the group in question had about 75% boys. this DOES NOT MEAN that a) this is even a legitimate finding, since to my knowledge it's not been followed up with and b) that it would be true in people who were swaying anyway. The researchers are reputable but even reputable researchers have studies that go on to be later found untrue.

And it certainly does not mean that "everyone who ovulated in March from the right will be 76% likely to have boys" which is how people are reading it. I never said that. I never would say that because it ISN"T TRUE. March is shown in studies to be a good month for girls. And while I find the L, L, R research interesting, an interesting study and a nickle will buy you a Tootsie Roll. One study proves NOTHING and for anyone who knows they ovulated from the right is now upset reading this, please don't be. Even if you ovulated L, L, R (which you probably didn't since most women O from the right way more often than they do the left) you can still have a girl and unless you had an ultrasound that proved you Oed L, L, R, this doesn't even apply to you.

The poster is saying "Jan, Feb, March" because that is when SHE PERSONALLY ovulated. No one, least of all ME, has ever said "if you ovulate in March from the right you have a 76% chance of a boy" THIS IS NOT TRUE, I have never said it.

You guys, communication on the Internet is a challenge. Sometimes people write something that is difficult to decipher. PLEASE just check with me before having a panic attack and sinking into the depths of despair because oftentimes it's a very easy explanation.
    I’m extremely sorry my posting caused anybody to panic. Thank you Atomic, for pointing out that this study about ovulation patterns and sex ratio really means nothing for swaying and I’d like to clarify a few more things.
    As Atomic said, I was replying to the question why I’m thinking I’m pregnant with a boy, so I was describing my personal view of my individual situation. I did NOT mean to say that March was a bad month to conceive a girl - I’m well aware that it is actually one of the best months - only that I THINK that for me personally March 2019 was more "blue" than "pink".

Secondly, the study I was referring to and that I have read at least twice myself is NOT useful in any way for swaying and in fact, has nothing to do with swaying. It was done in a Japanese fertility clinic (!) on some 350 women who underwent IVF and IUI (!). They did not conceive via intercourse and we have no way of knowing how exactly the clinic handled the IVF and IUI procedures (they could have done something to sway blue in a way we’re not aware of). Also, we have no way of knowing if the women were on a specific diet or prenatals (which would have swayed blue, too). My thinking is, if they underwent fertility treatment, it is not unlikely that some of them either put themselves on a fertility friendly diet / prenatals or were put on it by their doctors which could account for a certain number of boys born to the women in this particular study. But we have no way of knowing this - the study just doesn’t provide this info - and so it is scientifically NOT LEGITIMATE to just transfer their results to our situation or results as swayers.

And just for the sake of completeness, worrying about ovulation patterns is TOXIC for pink swayers. I’m pregnant now so I can afford it (and I have mentioned it in a due date group, not in the TTC a girl forum), but while you’re swaying, it is OF NO USE whatsoever for you. I thought about this long and hard. Yes, you could try to find someone who performs an u/s on your ovaries every month to determine which side you’ll (likely) ovulate from so you can skip the (probably very, very rare) “bad” months, but I’m sure this type of “swaycession” and monitoring every aspect of your sway at all times would produce a LOT more opposites than ignoring your ovaries and just sticking to the diet and exercise!

Also, I obtained the professional opinion of 3 OB/GYNs and ovary pain is NOT a reliable indicator for which side you ovulated from. And while I’m convinced I personally ovulated left-left-right in Jan-Feb-March, I have no proof of this whatsoever - I even asked my OB/GYN at my 8 weeks u/s if he could tell which side the egg came from in the conception cycle (March) because my right ovary hurt so badly that month and he said that it COULD have been the right side but that this would be “mere speculation” at this point.

So, why on earth DID I deduce in a non-legit way (from a Japanese IVF and IUI study) based on non-reliable info (ovary pain for side of ovulation) that I’m having a boy??? Because I’m in the same situation as many of you here - I swayed, I fell pregnant, now I’m riddled with doubts, fears and regrets. I’m right in the thick of it. So please, if you read anything posted by me these days, weeks, months, please keep in mind that it doesn’t come from a place of clear-headedness and objective knowledge, but from a place of sorrow and anxiety. And please, as Atomic said, before you panic - which in most cases is completely unnecessary because your personal situation is most likely different anyway - consult with someone who is not troubled by acute swaycession or anxiety but will give you objective info and reliable advice, and that would be Atomic and certainly not someone who is going through a lot of emotional turmoil herself right now.

Again, I’m very sorry for any worry or confusion I caused and sorry I didn’t think more carefully before posting, and God bless.
    Last edited by WelcomeBaby; May 24th, 2019 at 07:45 AM. Reason: typo
    DW + DH +
    ... and due with another in Dec 2019 after a failed pink sway

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast