Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have a growth scan on Wednesday although I'm not sure hubby will be allowed in (will have son with us).
    We are on track for a home birth, they want us to have monthly growth scans though.

News on the US tech drama, she is back at work after the investigation.
    However we will only be having scans on days she is on leave, I am happy about that.

No names yet, I love Tallulah (hubby says reminds him of an old stripper), Tabitha (he says it's too much like a cat).
    We are not on the same page name wise, he likes Ronnie and Frankie....I dont want a boys name (sure you all understand why!)
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Completely understand that Mrs sparkles! Yes I want a very feminine name too. It feels so hard naming her as it’s such a surreal feeling and I don’t feel like any names are worthy of this girl who I’ve longed for over the last 6 years! I also feel like I’ve not allowed myself to consider a girls name before so didn’t have any ideas. I like tallulah and Tabitha. She would probably get called tabby. Libby is cute but hubby not keen.

So good that you get some extra scans and that woman won’t be there. Wonder what will happen with her.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Woohoo Summer!!! Congrats!!! So happy to hear this!!!

I'm counting the HOURS till our scan. If you don't hear from me again this week, it's because I'm trying to cope with the outcome.
    Last edited by WelcomeBaby; August 5th, 2019 at 07:22 AM.
    DW + DH +
    ... and due with another in Dec 2019 after a failed pink sway

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck welcome

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hoping everything’s ok welcome

6. Likes MrsSparkles liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Welcome

How did it go ????
    Hope you are ok
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m presuming welcome has heard boy. If that’s the case and you’re reading this then please try to focus on the brilliant things that having 2 boys brings. I didn’t see them at the time of my GD with ds2 but I honestly wouldn’t swap what they have. They are best friends and it gives me such comfort to know they will look out for each other and have a brotherly bond for life. The way they play is so amazing to watch and I don’t think a sister would have given my ds1 quite the same. I know how hard the feelings of GD are and I’m really sorry if you are having those feelings right now

9. Likes MrsSparkles, wantinfo9 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep thinking about you Welcome, hope you are ok

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its 4.30am and I can't sleep.
    Keep feeling really anxious worrying that this birth is not going to go well.
    Last time we were under the care of a phenomenal hospital and consultant.
    This time we are a few hundred miles away,and the only hospital has been under special measures since 2016.

We had the growth scan, and they say baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead.
    I am now having to have a GD test, and am freaking out that I won't get a natural homebirth, but end up on the hospital which is understaffed and underfunded.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no Mrs I can see why you are so worried. Have you talked to the midwife about it? Did they say they may not be able to facilitate a home birth? Could you afford to go private? Might be worth looking into to relieve your anxiety.

I wouldn’t worry about the growth thing. My midwife said she won’t even start measuring ladies until 28 weeks as they are almost always wrong so people have unnecessary worry and scans. These scans also seem to be a bit vague and not the most accurate. 2 weeks isn’t too much either, I was measuring 1-2 weeks ahead with ds2 the whole way through and he was a normal weight (8lb 6oz).

Have you talked to women specifically about the maternity unit as although the hospital is in special measures, sometimes it still has wards/departments within it which provide really good care. I think it really comes down to the management in each department as to how well it runs.

Sorry you are feeling so anxious. Can I ask why you were under consultant care last time? I’ve always had midwife care and they’ve been brilliant. They will always get a doctor if they need to as doctors are around on the delivery ward so it’s probably the same where you are. When my ds1 was born he wasn’t breathing for a while and the doctor came straight away to take him off even though I hadn’t seen a doctor the whole time otherwise. Try to stay calm but if you are desperate for home birth maybe look into private options just in case

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast