Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Welcome welcome!! I completely understand lurking and that feeling when people announce their good news. You swayed for such a long time which is amazing. What makes you think it was a blue month? I think atomic says it’s the overall sway so if you’ve slipped the month of bfp it’s not a deal breaker. Fingers crossed your intuition is wrong this time.

I know I always say this but I need to say it again as can’t talk to anyone else.. just feel so anxious about finding out. I keep studying my scan pictures looking for clues as I have feel I have to know to deal with it. But then I’m scared that once I know I will plummet into the depths of low mood and be good for nothing. I’m scared i’ll Let my boys and my husband down if that happens. I’m also scared of what people will say at work and friends. I don’t know whether to pretend to be team green to them but hubby thinks they will keep saying it might be a girl and that will hurt more..
    Thank you for welcoming me, Bobster! Yeah, I wish I had just slipped up a bit, but I was off the diet for a whopping 6 weeks - just wanted to take a short break and then struggled so hard to get back on, I'm a naturally HE person - and then of course I conceived after only being back on the LE lifestyle for 2 weeks. Also, I'm absolutely convinced I ovulated left-left-right in Jan-Feb-March which produces 76% percent boys if you catch the egg from the right ovary in the 3rd month. This was an actual study that even Atomic cites from time to time.
    I so 100% understand the anxiety about finding out. I understand so well that I decided to be team green so I have another 7 months to come to terms with an opposite - I couldn't handle hearing boy at this point. I'm sorry I can't help with the nub pics, I suck at this, but I really, really hope you do hear girl in a few weeks when the u/s pics are a little clearer and more reliable!
    DW + DH +
    ... and due with another in Dec 2019 after a failed pink sway

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey bobster I think you will hear girl in 6 days time

3. Likes WelcomeBaby liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSparkles View Post
    I honestly think so much GD comes from societies "One or each is perfect" rhetoric.
    This is SO TRUE! When I was considerably younger (unmarried and still dreaming of having 3 girls), I lived in Vietnam for some time and I will never forget how totally thrilled and over the moon everybody was when a boy was born in their families. Or a second boy, or a third! A woman with 3 boys was revered (and envied!) like a queen! Sometimes I dream of going back there with what I'm sure will be my 2 sons very soon because they completely lack the "perfect pigeon pair" rhetoric and can't get enough of boys. That would make me feel so much better. Horrible how much I depend on other people's opinions. Working on letting that go.
    DW + DH +

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnygirl View Post
    ahh welcome & bobster, you are writing exactly how I feel. we are not alone but once people get the DG it leaves the others left behind with all the GD again. I am literally dreading it. I am in limbo in that I don't want to know what i'm having as I am so sure it's a boy. I know I will come out the other side and love the little one but i also know that the desire for a girl will always be there and this is our last chance.
    Same here. Last chance, and I will feel left behind. Even with all the really nice ladies here who get their DGs and do NOT become all smug and self-congratulatory like some pigeon pair moms I know IRL!
    All I can say is, before you find out gender, try to make sure you're as ready as you can possibly be for an opposite. A friend of mine found out at 18 weeks she was expecting another boy and she later admitted she spent the next weeks crying every single day. This is so heartbreaking and I don't want that for any of you - I really want us all to gather our strength and confidence so we have at least a tiny fraction of love and excitement for bub at the ready when we find out it's an opposite!
    DW + DH +

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s such a lovely thing to say sparkles. All of our little boys are definitely meant to be ❤️
    The bond brothers have as well is amazing the watch. A colleague at work has 3 grown up boys and they are always going on holidays together and post lovely pictures together all with their arms around each other. Makes me feel better to think that my 2 boys would have another brother to look out for them and be there for them when life gets tough.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im so glad it helped, I mean every word.
    I deleted a post in GD, but when i found out boy I was so devastated.
    I wrote a long post and said some awful things.
    Its crazy to think that I would be happy (genuinely) either way this time. All because he is such a star.

Don't lose hope though, you may still hear pink
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It must be such a relief to feel that way. For me I know i’d love another boy as much as my first two as they really are gorgeous little boys but this feeling of GD is a separate issue and I don’t feel it will ever go. it’s like grief for something I imagined having from being little myself. I know that’s completely stupid as it’s just an image in my mind. The reality is that that even if I got a dd it would probably be nothing like this great relationship I imagine. In fact a lot of mums I speak to with one of each say they have closer relationships with their sons!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there Bobster, I'm looking and it seems to be possibly the wrong strength to see bladder clearly. Or even really a clear nub, for that matter. I see two possibilities of nub and bladder right now. Both seem to have a boyish tilt but the bladder almost seems to be in the female position right now. It does seem as though there is a decent possibility of female with one of these two combinations, so don't give up hope. I understand very much, I find out in a week about my confirmation and I have 3 stepsons and one biological son. I will love my child no matter what but I can't help but wish for one girl, as I am getting to risk factor age. Bless you and I'm hoping for you, please do tell the news!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WelcomeBaby View Post
    Thank you for welcoming me, Bobster! Yeah, I wish I had just slipped up a bit, but I was off the diet for a whopping 6 weeks - just wanted to take a short break and then struggled so hard to get back on, I'm a naturally HE person - and then of course I conceived after only being back on the LE lifestyle for 2 weeks. Also, I'm absolutely convinced I ovulated left-left-right in Jan-Feb-March which produces 76% percent boys if you catch the egg from the right ovary in the 3rd month. This was an actual study that even Atomic cites from time to time.
    I so 100% understand the anxiety about finding out. I understand so well that I decided to be team green so I have another 7 months to come to terms with an opposite - I couldn't handle hearing boy at this point. I'm sorry I can't help with the nub pics, I suck at this, but I really, really hope you do hear girl in a few weeks when the u/s pics are a little clearer and more reliable!
    And I am absolutely convinced that without benefit of ultrasound you cannot know what side you ovulated from.

Ovulation pain does not tell you what side you ovulated from. I know this based on the reports of hundreds if not thousands of people in which they insist they had to have ovulated from a certain side and then have an ultrasound done in which they're flabbergasted to find out they actually had ovulated from the other side.

People are now contacting me upset over this post which is highly misleading and puts words into my mouth that are out of context. I was reporting on ONE STUDY and they found that in a three month pattern (REGARDLESS OF MONTH) when the ovulation pattern was L, L, R, that the group in question had about 75% boys. this DOES NOT MEAN that a) this is even a legitimate finding, since to my knowledge it's not been followed up with and b) that it would be true in people who were swaying anyway. The researchers are reputable but even reputable researchers have studies that go on to be later found untrue.

And it certainly does not mean that "everyone who ovulated in March from the right will be 76% likely to have boys" which is how people are reading it. I never said that. I never would say that because it ISN"T TRUE. March is shown in studies to be a good month for girls. And while I find the L, L, R research interesting, an interesting study and a nickle will buy you a Tootsie Roll. One study proves NOTHING and for anyone who knows they ovulated from the right is now upset reading this, please don't be. Even if you ovulated L, L, R (which you probably didn't since most women O from the right way more often than they do the left) you can still have a girl and unless you had an ultrasound that proved you Oed L, L, R, this doesn't even apply to you.

The poster is saying "Jan, Feb, March" because that is when SHE PERSONALLY ovulated. No one, least of all ME, has ever said "if you ovulate in March from the right you have a 76% chance of a boy" THIS IS NOT TRUE, I have never said it.

You guys, communication on the Internet is a challenge. Sometimes people write something that is difficult to decipher. PLEASE just check with me before having a panic attack and sinking into the depths of despair because oftentimes it's a very easy explanation.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Thanks WelcomeBaby thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardMommy View Post
    Hey there Bobster, I'm looking and it seems to be possibly the wrong strength to see bladder clearly. Or even really a clear nub, for that matter. I see two possibilities of nub and bladder right now. Both seem to have a boyish tilt but the bladder almost seems to be in the female position right now. It does seem as though there is a decent possibility of female with one of these two combinations, so don't give up hope. I understand very much, I find out in a week about my confirmation and I have 3 stepsons and one biological son. I will love my child no matter what but I can't help but wish for one girl, as I am getting to risk factor age. Bless you and I'm hoping for you, please do tell the news!!
    Thanks for this and for looking. I find the bladder theory really interesting as hadn’t heard of it before. It makes sense though as the uterus would surely make it higher than a boys... maybe?! Good luck for your scan in a week. Keep us updated. 3 days for me after today!! I am so nervous about it.

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast