Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSparkles View Post
    I am so upset everyone
    I just had a text from a friend who had a call from someone I don't even know.
    Apparently her family member is the US tech we had today and told her we came in, and the gender!!!!
    I was like, she didn't even tell us we dont know ?!
    Apparently she recognised our unusual name, and we were recently on a TV show.
    She put two and two together and told her family member who told my friend.
    She said we are having a girl.

I feel devastated that if its true random people know before us.
    Can I take this further, surely a breach of patient confidentiality.
    Why wouldn't she tell us if she thought girl.
    So upset, just phoned my hubby in tears
    Isn't that illegal? I work in healthcare in the US and we have so many very strict regulations forbidding us from giving out any sort of information about a patient unless a proper release of information has been signed. If I was you I would call and report the tech because that is a huge breech of your privacy!
    If the tech could have seen well enough to be confident I really don't understand why she would tell other people but not you since it is your baby, she could have at least said "I think it's a boy/girl but we're not getting the right angle so I can't be 100% certain".
    Sorry you're going through this

Welcomed our much awaited princess in 2019 after a pink sway and then our 2nd girl in 2021 after a very relaxed pink sway

2. Thanks MrsSparkles thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my god how awful for you sparkles! That is against the rules, I’m a nurse in the NHS and we all have to follow strict confidentiality rules. Are you sure she’s not mistaking you with someone else as that would be really weird for her not to tell you if she knew. I do have a feeling you are having a girl so hope that part of this awful situation is true. You could make a complaint if she did breech your confidentiality and she’d get in serious trouble.

4. Thanks MrsSparkles thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey sparkles just read this! My sister works on the nhs ( mat dept ) and the rules are so so strict they can't discuss patients with anyone! Im in shock! Don't get your hopes up could be a case of chinese whispers but of course it could be very much true and thats wonderful but awful to find out you jave been treated that way..couldn't you call the person who told you that and ask for more details? Id call the ultrasound unit and demand an explanation then take it further. Why didn't she just tell you at the scan thats all very odd sounds suspicious to me... x
    Last edited by Nell_; June 25th, 2019 at 03:14 PM.

6. Thanks MrsSparkles thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Nell

I called her and she asked me to please not complain because they'll know it's come from her.
    I said that's not really my problem, and that it is a total breach of privacy, I would be fuming if I knew the gender and she told others before I got the chance to.
    This is more devastation and mind games, because the US tech didn't even tell us.
    Now my hubbie is excited and has probably got false hopes.
    He has booked us a private gender scan for Monday, and is leaving it up to me whether I complain.

Have looked up lots of info about Data Protection and she has for sure done the wrong thing.
    I don't think I can not complain
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Our name is so unusual, there's no way it could be confused with someone else.
    And she apparantly said to my friend "My Mum saw your friends from the telly", it can only be us.
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mrs Sparkles, my dh works for the nhs and i can reiterate what has already been said, that discussing you/your scan with anyone is not allowed. If she has done this then she has breached confidentiality and violated hospital policy, it will not be viewed lightly by those in charge.
    now 6blue5pink

10. Thanks MrsSparkles thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    4blue, thank you. How far along are you now? Is everything going ok?

Welcome, im sorry family have been so unsupportive. Glad you are getting on with it and it’s not spoiling your excitement. Also glad that team green is helping you. Your family will get a real shock at birth if you’ve got your predictions wrong!

MrsSparkles, aren’t boys quite obvious even with legs crossed at the gestation? I hope it’s a girl. Are you going to wait until birth to find out? I felt the gender check was really rushed in my nhs scan too. I found the private gender scan really good though as the time was focused on the gender alone. I might go again later on just to see baby again. Any movements yet Mrs? Glad hubby was smitten
    im 34 weeks now its flying by! so far everything is going great
    now 6blue5pink

12. Likes MrsSparkles liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the input.
    I have the hospital complaints details, and am going to sleep on it tonight.

My husband is walking around with a massive smile on his face, can you imagine if we hear boy on Monday now

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry 4blue2pink, I was so wrapped up that I didn't even say.
    I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes really well.

15. Thanks 4blue2pink thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mrs sparkles I can’t believe what’s happened, it’s outrageous. I would seriously think about putting in a complaint in case she does it to someone else. I know we all make mistakes sometimes but not breaching confidentiality is something engrained in us all. If you are unsure though maybe wait until Monday- if it’s a girl you may decide to let it go but if not and it affects hubby emotionally then you might feel better to take it further.

Wow 2blue, 34 weeks! Do you feel comfortable?

Summer when is your next scan?

Hi nell. Hope you are ok. Fingers crossed for this cycle

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast