Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bobster you are like me.
    I can't belive the scan is right
    We are going to drive ourselves nuts, and bankrupt with extra gender scans
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, please don't drive yourselves bankrupt, you'll need the money for cute girl stuff Bobster, I've heard quite a few stories now how a tech was absolutely able to determine girl after just seconds and I'd say you can trust her opinion. She probably just mentioned keeping the receipts as a safety net type of comment, to cover all her bases. And I assume she wasn't aware of your major gender desire so she had no idea this comment will cause you sleepless nights! If she had, I'm sure she wouldn't have said that or at least would have worded it differently!

My next scan is next week and I catch myself 10, 20 times a day fantasizing about seeing the famous 3 lines and hearing "look, it's a girl". It's TOXIC. It's a nightmare. I KNOW it's a boy. And I'm so, so ready to hear "boy" - although of course I don't WANT to hear it and will be absolutely crushed!!! - and finally move on from this horrible gender desire and disappointment.
    Of course this also means that this is the last week of my life that I'm able to dream about having a daughter. Next week at the scan, I'll have to face the fact that I will have to live without one, and I'll never be able to go back. I guess the real grieving process won't start until then. At least I'm as prepared as any woman could be!
    DW + DH +
    ... and due with another in Dec 2019 after a failed pink sway

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Glad you’ve come to a decision welcome. When will your next scan be?

Summer did you have another scan yet? I didn’t know you were a tech. I’m freaking out that my gender scan was wrong from 16 weeks. Do you know what the chance is of a wrong result at that stage? They said girl at 20 weeks too but she only looked for about 10 seconds and said to keep receipts and tags on things just in case which made me doubt her...
    Usually any-time after 14weeks we can tell with pretty high accuracy (probably 80-85% accuracy) but after 16weeks I would say it's almost 100%, so I would definitley trust it, especially if it was confirmed at 20weeks!

Some of my coworkers are like that too and tell people "keep your receipts" or "just remember nothing is 100% certain until birth" because they want to cover themselves in that rare case that they could be wrong, but if it was confirmed at 2 different scans I would definitely feel pretty confident about it (though after swaying I can totally understand why it's hard to believe you are getting the gender you hoped for!!).

Yes, it makes it harder working in ultrasound because I want to peek in on baby all the time, but I promised my husband I wouldn't do that so we could see and find out the gender together at my 20week doctor's appointment (which is this afternoon, EEK!, I am so anxious)!

Welcomed our much awaited princess in 2019 after a pink sway and then our 2nd girl in 2021 after a very relaxed pink sway

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my god summer good luck! Let us know ASAP!!!

Thanks welcome. I already booked a repeat scan for Saturday but i promise it will be the last money I spend on gender determination. I wish I’d read these messages before yesterday. That’s so reassuring summer thank you. I am just fearing the worst outcome all the time because of the years of desire and disbelief that it would actually happen. I’m still calling baby ‘it’ or ‘baby’. So scared of the disappointment if it was wrong.

Welcome it’s so hard. I really have everything crossed that you hear girl but if you don’t then your boy will be so worth the heart ache as he will be meant to be. I think finding out is better than tormenting yourself with the what if’s, although it’s really tough if it doesn’t go the way you hope.
    Last edited by Bobster; August 1st, 2019 at 01:38 PM.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG Ya'll, It's a girl!!!
    Screenshot_2019-08-01-17-24-08.jpg
    Shocked and excited!
    It was great to see her!
    Screenshot_2019-08-01-17-24-25.jpg

Welcomed our much awaited princess in 2019 after a pink sway and then our 2nd girl in 2021 after a very relaxed pink sway

6. Likes WelcomeBaby, momamia4 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Knew it!!!! Your nub was too girly to be anything other than a girl!! This is amazing news congrats so much summer

8. Thanks SummerHope thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations Summer. So happy for you and yout hubby !
    And well done not peeking and waiting!
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

10. Thanks SummerHope thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Had my third confirmation today and now I finally believe it. Saw the burger in the scan but the sonographer didn’t capture it in the picture. She checked all angles and no penis in sight. Can finally say ‘her’!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Likes SummerHope, momamia4 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Had my third confirmation today and now I finally believe it. Saw the burger in the scan but the sonographer didn’t capture it in the picture. She checked all angles and no penis in sight. Can finally say ‘her’!!!!
    Yayy.
    So happy your mind is at rest now.
    Have you bought anything girllie, or thougjt of names yet?

We have bought nothing I don't want to jinx it.
    But have had so many gifts already.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mrs sparkles I bought quite a lot of clothes and went shopping after this scan to buy some more little bits. I think you should believe summer and buy some stuff. Will you go for another scan or wait it out until D day?

I’m undecided on a name but quite like Lily, Sophie or Holly so far. Have you got a name yet? My top little boys names were Rueben or Walter.

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast