Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sadly there are only 2 midwives to cover a massive area.
    I've met my midwife only once and she said at some homebirths they have had to use paramedics due to staff shortages.
    We are interviewing an IM soon, she is away at a birth at the moment.
    There is a lovely birth centre, but the rule there is you have to progress 1cm an hour, otherwise down to maternity ward it is.

I was under consultant as they thought I had a blood disorder that makes clots and stillborns more prevelant.
    They tested me this time and said it's not there anymore.
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow that must have been so scary the first time. You must have been so relieved to have a negative test this time. Do you have to take baby aspirin? I took that with both my previous pregnancies as I had a couple of early miscarriages before them and had read sometimes clotting disorders can cause miscarriages so I self medicated just incase. This time because it was unplanned I’ve not taken any and it makes me a bit nervous.

Let us know how the interview goes. One cm an hour seems a bit unrealistic.. a lot of women myself included are slow to dilate initially and then dilate quickly before pushing. God the thought of another birth scares me too. I made the mistake of watching a birth on YouTube just to see what it looks like down there and it’s not good!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had to take blood thinners and baby aspirin the whole pregnancy and 6 weeks after !
    It was okay, and I felt fine. But am so happy to be in the all clear now.

The IM said it is totally unrealisitc too, and the guidelines for 1/2-1cm an hour have been removed from NICE guidelines ages ago !

How was labour for you before, I had a planned section so have no clue !!!!
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Second time was better than the first. I went in a birthing pool which really helped with the pain, although I was in it for so long I ended up getting out and pushed him out on a mat on the floor in a very undignified way. No analgesics apart from paracetamol and codeine as hate the idea of a needle in my back and pethidine made me feel completely out of it the first time and has and air made me vomit and didn’t do anything for my pain the first time.

The first time was more sore as he was coming out as he came at an angle but contractions were easier due to pethidine. I had it too close to delivery so that’s why he wasn’t breathing when he came out and he didn’t feed well and was generally very sleep the first 2 days after birth so I vowed not to have it again.

I’m a bit worried that this time the labour is going to be really fast. The last 2 were 20-30 hours from when contractions started and about 5 hours in established labour. How are you feeling about a vbac? You are brave to have a home delivery when you had a section previously.

Have you decided when you’ll start your mat leave? I’m in 2 minds about going off a month before due date or whether to work right up to delivery and have longer at the end. How long will you take off?

5. Thanks MrsSparkles thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My Mum said she loved the pethidine.
    Second time she went drug free and said it was torture.

If the baby comes quickly this time will you have time to get to the hospital?

I don't know about brave, the chances of a rupture double if you have interventions. I figure there are not any I can habe at home, so maybe its safer?

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WelcomeBaby View Post
    Woohoo Summer!!! Congrats!!! So happy to hear this!!!

I'm counting the HOURS till our scan. If you don't hear from me again this week, it's because I'm trying to cope with the outcome.
    Thank you!!
    Hoping everything went okay with your scan and you're doing alright.

Welcomed our much awaited princess in 2019 after a pink sway and then our 2nd girl in 2021 after a very relaxed pink sway

8. Likes MrsSparkles liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Luckily the hospital is only about 15 mins away by car. How far is it for you again??

I’ve heard mixed things about third babies; they either come super quickly or really slowly. Nervous!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats not too bad at all.
    At the moment we are about an hour away if there's work traffic, any other time.of day its about 30 mins, so not too bad.
    We may be moving closer, haven't decided yet as as move is a faff whilst pregnant isnt it.

Anymore scans planned?
    We have another in september

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No more scans unfortunately I’m having scan withdrawal! I really want to see baby again. That’s great that you have another one to look forward to. Will you ask them to check her potty shot again? 30 mins isn’t too bad but an hour might be a bit much if things progress quickly... If you do have a hospital birth I’d be going in when having early contractions just incase it progresses fast. Moving probably would be quite stressful and by the time surveys etc come through it may be too late. I want to move too as I don’t like where we live but we’re in the midst of doing our house up so not a good time to sell.

Are you feeling stronger movements now? I’m feeling her move so often it’s really comforting. I’ll really miss the kicks when I’m not pregnant anymore. Have you bought things yet? I’m just buying bits here and there to spread the cost. Just bought a nice John Lewis cosy toes for the pram which was half price (£15 bargain), just about got all her clothes until she’s 6 months old haha! Not done the nursery yet though so need to start thinking about that. Have you got stuff still from your ds?
    Last edited by Bobster; August 15th, 2019 at 11:29 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you using the pram you had with your DS?
    Such a good idea to spread the cost, we forget how expenisve these things are.
    We have kept things likw the bath seat, and clothes and receiving blankets.
    We never used our stupidly expenisve mima pram, so that was sold on ebay!
    This time I think we will buy a stroller for DS, I still have the soft carrier and slings to carry the new baby in!

I will definitely ask for a potty shot again lol.
    The last us tech was such a lovely and kind lady, she told me the fluid is good, the placenta looks great. Put my mind at rest.

My sister bought me some pink and grey bibs and muslins today.
    Made me feel really weird, like she's jinxing us lol

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast