Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    4blue we’re doing good here thanks. She’s 3 weeks old now. Time just flies by.

How are you getting on?

Mrs sparkles and summer any updates?
    im good thankyou time flies doesnt it its scary how fast it all goes!

Girliecat how are you and Sierra getting on?
    now 6blue5pink

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    38+3 now, BP has been better this week so doctor said don't need to induce yet thankfully! I'm just hanging out waiting for baby to come.
    I have another OB apt appointment tomorrow so we'll see what my doctor says...my due date is Dec 13 and my doctor said the longest they will let me go is till the 14th, so if I'm still pregnant by then I will for sure be getting induced on the 14th.
    I'm getting so impatient and ready to have this baby!

Welcomed our much awaited princess in 2019 after a pink sway and then our 2nd girl in 2021 after a very relaxed pink sway

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not long now then summer! Good news about not being induced. How are you feeling??

Mrs sparkles surely you must be snuggling your baby now?? Can’t wait to hear from you.

Lily is 4 weeks old now! I’m so in love but oh dear god so tired too. Having 3 is hard work 😬 ds1 & ds2 are getting used to sharing me now I think which is good and are quite affectionate with their little sister which is nice.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just checking back on here for news but there is none! Don’t leave me hanging sparkles!!!

Please update us too summer! Wishing you luck

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you everyone for checking in on me.
    This update is long overdue.
    Went into labout at 41+2 , and called our midwife who came straight over.
    She said she would see us later and that we would be welcoming a baby that evening.
    Well contractions ramped up and I couldn't get a wink of sleep (as suggested by MW!) , like really who can sleep during surges.
    That evening still nothing, but all night I was 5 minutes apart and it was so intense, by the morning I was exhausted.
    Long story short this kept on for 5 days, my midwife started getting twitchy as I was 100% effaced and she could feel that there was something not right.
    We would not have gone to the hospital, and waited it out at home a day or two more.
    But because we trusted her, we went for a CTG anyway, all seemed fine with babies heartbeart, the Dr said he couldn't give me a pessary (as it wasn't neccesary, cervix already thin), no pitocin as contractions were already so strong, and after 5 days he said it would risk a uterine rupture (previous section), and breaking waters was ruled out because they couldn't figure out the position of baby.
    We went home and thought we would wait it out a bit longer, the offer of epidural or pethadine was so tempting I didn't want to stay in hospital and accept it.
    That night was rough, and I couldn't lay down, and had this strange sense that something wasn't right, and that this baby had other birth plans.
    My midwife stayed on our sofa that night, as I was too scared that she wouldn't make it if I called her !
    The next morning, she looked at me and said "You can't do another day of this, baby is trying to tell us something."
    I just knew she was right.
    We packed up at 8am and drove to the hospital (omg that 45 min car journey was madness, I had to stop 3 times and squat down as it was the only way to get through the surges).
    By 10.54 Baby Luna had arrived by c-section.
    She was totally stuck, and there was no way she was getting through the pelvis.
    Wedged super firmly in there, all 10lb 2 oz of her.

She is gorgeous and so chilled out, we are adjusting to life as a 4!
    It is challenging and beautiful, my only stress is trying to tandem feed a baby and toddler, but no one ever said that would be easy !
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSparkles View Post
    She said she would see us later and that we would be welcoming a baby that evening.
    Well contractions ramped up and I couldn't get a wink of sleep (as suggested by MW!) , like really who can sleep during surges.
    That evening still nothing, but all night I was 5 minutes apart and it was so intense, by the morning I was exhausted.
    Long story short this kept on for 5 days, my midwife started getting twitchy as I was 100% effaced and she could feel that there was something not right.
    We would not have gone to the hospital, and waited it out at home a day or two more.
    But because we trusted her, we went for a CTG anyway, all seemed fine with babies heartbeart, the Dr said he couldn't give me a pessary (as it wasn't neccesary, cervix already thin), no pitocin as contractions were already so strong, and after 5 days he said it would risk a uterine rupture (previous section), and breaking waters was ruled out because they couldn't figure out the position of baby.
    We went home and thought we would wait it out a bit longer, the offer of epidural or pethadine was so tempting I didn't want to stay in hospital and accept it.
    That night was rough, and I couldn't lay down, and had this strange sense that something wasn't right, and that this baby had other birth plans.
    My midwife stayed on our sofa that night, as I was too scared that she wouldn't make it if I called her !
    The next morning, she looked at me and said "You can't do another day of this, baby is trying to tell us something."
    We packed up at 8am and drove to the hospital (omg that 45 min car journey was madness, I had to stop 3 times and squat down as it was the only way to get through the surges).

It is challenging and beautiful, my only stress is trying to tandem feed a baby and toddler, but no one ever said that would be easy !
    Congratulations MrsS!! im so glad that you and Luna are both ok i was abit worried about you oh my goodness 10lbs 2oz!! she must be so incredibly squishy did you have any idea she was going to be so big?
    im sorry you didnt get your homebirth but i am glad that you were so well supported and felt in control of all your choices.
    I hope your recovery is going well, how has your DS reacted to her?
    now 6blue5pink

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow mrssparkles what a scary time you’ve had! You must have been exhausted! I’m sorry too that you didn’t get a home delivery but wow well done for staying strong. Good job you listened to your mum senses that something wasn’t quite right. You must be so relieved she’s here safely. Is your recovery going ok?

Love her name! Hope your ds is ok. I found that making the older one feel special by stressing how baby loves him the best and she’ll be learning from him really helped mine to settle into the big brother roll.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSparkles View Post

Glad everything turned out ok. Congrats on your baby girl!! I can't even imagine tandem feeding, it's hard enough just trying to feed a newborn!

Welcomed our much awaited princess in 2019 after a pink sway and then our 2nd girl in 2021 after a very relaxed pink sway

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to do a quick update.
    I was induced December 14th at 40weeks1day and had our baby girl that evening. My doctor was such a big advocate for me through the whole induction process and he broke my water and let me walk around and use the birthing ball to start contractions, so I was able to avoid pitocin. I really didnt want pitocin because I had heard it makes contractions so much harder and I thought I wouldnt be able to do it without an epidural! Well once contractions started I went from 4cm dilated to 10cm in a matter of less than an hour and I was able to have the natural totally medication free labor/delivery I desired. Brynn Scarlett was born at 6lbs11oz and she has been a complete dream come true for our family. She is such a sweet, calm girl and everyone including big brother is just over the moon. I am so thankful for this website and just feel so blessed for our little family!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww amazing summer well done to you!!! Your story was similar to mine as I was induced through waters breaking but didn’t need any further intervention as went from 4cm to 10cm in an hour. I found the contractions so much stronger this time though due to the speed of dilation. The whole thing although medication free was quite traumatic!!!

I love the name Brynn! It’s unique. Scarlett was in my top list of names too. So glad she’s here safely.

Do you ladies find it weird referring to your babes as daughters? I still feel like I’m dreaming. Sometimes I just stare at her in disbelief! Lily is 11 pounds now at 8 weeks old tomorrow. Time is flying by so quickly I can’t quite believe she’s been here for 2 months!

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast