Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by laurelw View Post
    Scan today at 19 weeks and got this gender pic

No expert but isn't that a girl ? It looks like the potty shots of mine ?
    2014 ------- surprise 2016

Dreaming of a

3. Likes laurelw liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora View Post
    No expert but isn't that a girl ? It looks like the potty shots of mine ?
    She did say girl I just wanted confirmation. Can’t believe it worked again!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by laurelw View Post
    She did say girl I just wanted confirmation. Can’t believe it worked again!

Congrats then !

Dreaming of a

6. Likes laurelw liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sora!! Your scan is tomorrow! So excited for you, I hope little one doesn't hide in the pictures. Is DH aloud to go with you still or will he need to be at home with the children?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tillytys View Post
    Sora!! Your scan is tomorrow! So excited for you, I hope little one doesn't hide in the pictures. Is DH aloud to go with you still or will he need to be at home with the children?
    No even without the children he wouldn't be allowed. I will be alone to face that and not having the best week of my life rn tbh. It's the same for women giving birth around now. No one allowed in the birthing room except medical staff. They have to fight alone. It's a scary thought.

Dreaming of a

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora View Post
    No even without the children he wouldn't be allowed. I will be alone to face that and not having the best week of my life rn tbh. It's the same for women giving birth around now. No one allowed in the birthing room except medical staff. They have to fight alone. It's a scary thought.
    Good Luck for your scan Sora i have been thinking of you and have everything crossed for you to hear boy!! Im sorry you have to go alone thats scary about women having to be alone for the birth, we are locked down here too with no hospital visitors allowed. The only exceptions are for children (1 parent allowed to be with them) and the maternity wards where there can be 1 birth partner with each woman both on the delivery ward and the postnatal ward after, i hope there is a policy change before your baby arrives to allow you to have someone with you
    now 6blue5pink

10. Thanks Sora thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    Good Luck for your scan Sora i have been thinking of you and have everything crossed for you to hear boy!! Im sorry you have to go alone thats scary about women having to be alone for the birth, we are locked down here too with no hospital visitors allowed. The only exceptions are for children (1 parent allowed to be with them) and the maternity wards where there can be 1 birth partner with each woman both on the delivery ward and the postnatal ward after, i hope there is a policy change before your baby arrives to allow you to have someone with you
    Thank you. So scared.

I have one trimester til birth still. Maybe partners will be allowed back. Or maybe I will just stay in the house and not go. Bad memories of DD2's birth.

Dreaming of a

12. Likes 4blue2pink liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    since i replied to you ive seen updates that some area's here have now stopped allowing birth partners too so for now it depends on where you live but if things get worse i guess it'll be a full ban I dont blame you for wanting to stay home, apparently over here in the area's where they have suspended homebirth services women have started staying home and free-birthing.
    Im sorry you had a bad experience with your DD2, do you feel there are any changes you could ask for which would give you a more positive birth? It is always your right to stay at home though if that is what you want to do
    now 6blue5pink

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    since i replied to you ive seen updates that some area's here have now stopped allowing birth partners too so for now it depends on where you live but if things get worse i guess it'll be a full ban I dont blame you for wanting to stay home, apparently over here in the area's where they have suspended homebirth services women have started staying home and free-birthing.
    Im sorry you had a bad experience with your DD2, do you feel there are any changes you could ask for which would give you a more positive birth? It is always your right to stay at home though if that is what you want to do
    We don't do stay at home here anyway. You know when someone gives birth at home, it's always accidental. And not well looked upon like "you could have put the baby in danger !".

Oh no not any change cause it was not related to choices I made or could make. Baby came too fast (only 3 hours after first contraction), it was a bad day with full moon and lots of women giving birth at the same time. And I didn't know it at the time but the hospital had just run into financial problems and was severly understaffed and equiped. I was left into the hands of young panicked interns who didn't know left from right, nobody really checked me, only the lady cleaning the room told them "she's at the end, she's going to give birth". They couldn't tell where the baby was, they told me to shut up because I was wailing in pain, saying I was a sissy and annoyingly loud and they couldn't work. They didn't believe me when I said I felt the head of the baby between my legs and tried to force me to stay sitting, threatening to not give me the anesthetic if I refused to obey... which I link to refusing analgesics to a patient in pain and idk about the other countries but it's supposed to be a serious professionnal mistake. I had to fight them off to lie down so that DD2 could end up on the table and not on the ground and thankfully I succeeded. They were shocked into silence. TBH some didn't even see the baby roll on the table and were ready to force me up again.

So yeah... Never ever again. But I don't get to choose the day of birth, the financial health and the staff of an hospital. I'm tempted to ask if they can take me in a few days before my due date just so I can have the anesthetic quickly enough. But I doubt they will be able to, they already lack rooms. And with Corona ? Not a chance to find a hospital in good financial health and not severly understaffed... So doubly doubting now. Home looks more and more safer. Only thing worrying is if there are complications, then I won't get help. Though complications can happen at the hospital too.

But yeah that bad experience has left me very fearful of pain. Before I was quite strong on that end, I could suck it up a long time. Now even the slightest scratch sends me back to that day and I just want to roll into a ball and scream. I panic, I can't breathe, I know it's ridiculous and just a little injury but my whole body freezes as if bracing for the pain of birth.

And no, can't get help about that. Will either be told it's my fault and to think about all the poor women who actually died of childbirth instead of being a sissy or be given some anxiety medication that won't make the memory go away. And seriously though, is it normal to take meds cause you can't control yourself anymore whenever you feel pain ?

So well, I think at least at home, I will be able to scream and lie down to my heart's content. ><

Dreaming of a

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast