Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Greydore View Post
    Right! I definitely wasn’t planning on having any kind of party or anything, my boys just asked for balloons they could pop with confetti. I thought it was cute that they asked and want to do it, but I’m also afraid my oldest is going to be disappointed if it’s a boy- he wants a sister so bad! We’ll probably only tell grandparents the sex, I cannot handle the comments either way. They were bad enough with my third.
    I know it’s exactly the same here! I think it’s a cute idea to do something for the kids do they know about baby yet?( re reading your post seems they know since they asked! So cute of them to ask )
    My eldest is like yours, she reaaaaally wants a brother so if it’s a girl she’ll be quite sad. But then, I guess she will be disappointed at any point if it’s another sister so I thought revealing the pregnancy and gender to them at the same time would be best because she definitely will be excited about the idea of a new baby ...hopefully!
    I will keep it simple, #3 will wear a “ big sister” T-shirt and will ask her to show her sisters - my eldest can read so she can announce to her sisters that way not sure how to integrate gender reveal part yet lol
    I feel you, I got soooo many hurtful comments with #3 especially, if nearly broke me...I think we’re going to keep gender quiet bar to the few people Inknow will be genuinely excited for baby either way
    Xx
    Last edited by LMSM; August 8th, 2020 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Added comment
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    I know it’s exactly the same here! I think it’s a cute idea to do something for the kids do they know about baby yet?( re reading your post seems they know since they asked! So cute of them to ask )
    My eldest is like yours, she reaaaaally wants a brother so if it’s a girl she’ll be quite sad. But then, I guess she will be disappointed at any point if it’s another sister so I thought revealing the pregnancy and gender to them at the same time would be best because she definitely will be excited about the idea of a new baby ...hopefully!
    I will keep it simple, #3 will wear a “ big sister” T-shirt and will ask her to show her sisters - my eldest can read so she can announce to her sisters that way not sure how to integrate gender reveal part yet lol
    I feel you, I got soooo many hurtful comments with #3 especially, if nearly broke me...I think we’re going to keep gender quiet bar to the few people Inknow will be genuinely excited for baby either way
    Xx
    They do know, they’re so excited! Looking at your signature I noticed our kids are all similar spacing- my oldest is 10/13, middle is 2/16, and youngest is 7/18
    That’s such a cute way to tell your older girls, I bet they’ll be thrilled!
    due August 2021!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello ladies. Hope you're all feeling good.
    @LMSM and Greydore it's so cute you want to reveal gender to your kids in a special way. Really sweet. I don't really know what I would do. Still have to think about it.
    Early today I had a little blood in the bathroom. Luckily I had an appointment with the doctor today anyway. I saw the baby on the ultrasound and it had a heartbeat and was the "right" size. I was a little released and the doctor doesn't seem to be concerned at all. But I am so so worried. I never had a bleeding in any of my successful pregnancies only when I miscarried. Did any of you ladies experience this and it was still alright in the end?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lailanela View Post
    Hello ladies. Hope you're all feeling good.
    @LMSM and Greydore it's so cute you want to reveal gender to your kids in a special way. Really sweet. I don't really know what I would do. Still have to think about it.
    Early today I had a little blood in the bathroom. Luckily I had an appointment with the doctor today anyway. I saw the baby on the ultrasound and it had a heartbeat and was the "right" size. I was a little released and the doctor doesn't seem to be concerned at all. But I am so so worried. I never had a bleeding in any of my successful pregnancies only when I miscarried. Did any of you ladies experience this and it was still alright in the end?
    I’m so sorry for your scare. I’ve had bleeding in my healthy pregnancies and my miscarriages. It’s actually quite common. Just keep at eye on it. If baby looks great, then that’s a really great sign.

As for me, we have decided not to go team green anymore. It’s due to a few reasons. One being one of my children has a very strong preference. He is my youngest son (age 10) and already has 3 little sisters, and is praying for a little brother. So if it’s a girl I’d like him to get use to the idea.

We have a scan booked in exactly a week and then we have a double gender reveal planned for the kids. Double because, I want a cake, and DH wants something that explodes, so we are doing both Yes the cake is going to be redundant, but delicious!! So I ordered 100 black water balloons, and we are going to fill most of them with water, and only one with blue or pink paint. Then we are going to let the kids throw them at a board, until eventually the coloured one pops!! Hopefully it all goes to plan.

Doctor put me on aspirin to help with high blood pressure (my blood pressure it good right now but it’s something I’ve always had to be induced for) and hopefully I won’t have to be induced this time. We finally have a boy name picked out and a girl name. Only one more week to see which one we will be using!!

3 blue 3 pink

Due January 28th
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m sorry for your scare as well! With DD, I had multiple bleeds and my doctor assured me that as long as it wasn’t heavy it was completely normal and plenty of women just spot, without cause or harm. Just part of their “normal pregnancy” changes down there

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @ mommymachine and pretty
    Thank you so much, I actually feel better and a little bit relieved. I always read it happens to so many women and then it still turns out fine, I just did not have it before. And I think that's just scaring me. But I will try to relax a bit hope for the best.
    And @mommymachine your idea for gender reveal is so sweet! Omg! And I totally get it to prepare your son. I think that's why I can't be team green this time. My girl is a bit hoping for a sister (although she sometimes says she wants another brother to be our only girl lol) but I also think it will be better to give her the time to adjust.
    Hope you're all feeling good.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [mention]Lailanela [/mention] I understand that bleeding can be common in pregnancy- since the doctor is saying everything is looking good That is a good sign! It’s hard not to worry about everything.

I hope everyone’s gender reveals are lots of fun- some great ideas! Especially fun for the older siblings.

Re the hurtful comments- people really do talk without thinking sometimes. All that’s needed when someone announces a pregnancy or birth is “Congratulations!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Swaying for 2020

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all, we found out today at my 9 week ultrasound that baby has no heartbeat. I’ll be having a D&C on Monday. We are devastated. Baby measured 9 weeks, so whatever happened happened within the last couple of days. This is my first loss and I don’t know what to do with myself. I’ve had no bleeding and have had bad morning sickness. But I’ve had a weird feeling about this pregnancy all along. Sorry my thoughts are so jumbled right now!

Ladies who have been through this- I can’t fathom doing this again. How do go on trying to get pregnant again? Are you just an anxious mess the entire time the next pregnancy? I know my husband is going to ask eventually what I want; but I want a healthy baby without the stress of pregnancy. This first trimester has taken such a toll with the nausea and fatigue, so the thought of repeating it again with another bad outcome is too much.

Thank you all so much for your kindness, you will all be in my heart this coming winter and spring.
    due August 2021!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Greydore View Post
    Hi all, we found out today at my 9 week ultrasound that baby has no heartbeat. I’ll be having a D&C on Monday. We are devastated. Baby measured 9 weeks, so whatever happened happened within the last couple of days. This is my first loss and I don’t know what to do with myself. I’ve had no bleeding and have had bad morning sickness. But I’ve had a weird feeling about this pregnancy all along. Sorry my thoughts are so jumbled right now!

Ladies who have been through this- I can’t fathom doing this again. How do go on trying to get pregnant again? Are you just an anxious mess the entire time the next pregnancy? I know my husband is going to ask eventually what I want; but I want a healthy baby without the stress of pregnancy. This first trimester has taken such a toll with the nausea and fatigue, so the thought of repeating it again with another bad outcome is too much.

Thank you all so much for your kindness, you will all be in my heart this coming winter and spring.
    Greydore, I am so incredibly sorry for you! That sounds so unfair. If you feel sad and want to cry then do it. It helps. I've had two miscarriages and it's the worst feeling ever. I am so so sorry. I'm naturally pessimistic and this way I was more worried and scared after each loss. But not everyone is. I think if you let yourself heal a little you might be able to start again. I think two losses in a row are really not that often. But I know that doesn't really help you right now. Again, I am so sorry and hope you will find a way to heal a bit (I felt enjoying the kids that were there helped a bit). And whatever you decide to do in the future I wish you all the greatest luck.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry to hear Greydore, such a difficult thing to go through. Will be thinking of you x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Swaying for 2020

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast