Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hakrueg View Post
    Lots of people have success with Sneak Peek but it seems like most aren’t confident with the results until they are confirmed via ultrasound or blood screen.

I might see if I qualify for NIPT then determine if I want to find out. My SO doesn’t want to find out so he may beg me not to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In ultrasound when we can find out in doctor office is it possible before 5th month?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

April/May/June 2021

Last edited by hakrueg; October 20th, 2020 at 09:44 PM.

3. Likes hotlikemexico liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The anatomy scan is 5 months. They usually do one around 12 weeks too to date the baby. You may be able to get a nub shot then.

Sounds good

5. Likes hotlikemexico liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi nishi! Happy to see you in here too! I have read on these boards that the sneak peek urine test is NOT reliable! Personally if you could I would wait. I believe they do a blood test as well that’s more reliable but I would def stay away from the urine one if you can. Like hakrueg mentioned theres the NIPT which is a blood test that they can do starting around 10 ish weeks I think? It uses fetal DNA in your blood and checks for chromosomal abnormalities (I think) and can tell you gender as well! It didn’t even exist with my first pregnancy in 2012, and my second in 2015/16 it was still new and only done on older women and high risk pregnancies. NOWADAYS I think it’s routinely offered in many offices! I would definitely check with your provider when you have your first visit!

Hakrueg I think doulas are so cool and always wanted one BUT my previous midwife would stay with you through your whole labor basically (she really was the best) so a doula was sort of redundant. I’m still sad as hell that she moved ... the maternity ward at the hospital she delivered at closed due to not enough births, so she moved. Unfortunately I can’t follow her since I work for the hospital system and have their insurance and we have to stay in network... BUT they do have their own OB/midwife practice now, which they did not with my previous two pregnancies. When my midwife moved I was posting in a local group on fb how upset I was and one of the midwives at the new practice that I’ll be at actually private messaged me and put my mind way at ease! She was super nice and helpful and assured me that I starting this January they would always have one midwife in hospital on call and that I could definitely have a midwife-assisted VBAC with one of them. I’m going to request her for my first appt I will have to see all the midwives throughout my pregnancy to meet them all but I would really like her to be my primary!

My period is not even due until Sunday so I am going to wait and call them first thing Monday morning. I have absolutely no idea what will happen appt wise with Covid and all, so we shall see.

As for finding out gender, I definitely will be finding out, as early as possible. If they don’t offer me the NIPT outright I will ask for it; I’ve talked to a couple friends who recently had it done and all had it covered by insurance so I’m hopeful. We already decided that if we had to we would pay out of pocket for it as well. I had awful GD after I found out that DS2 was a boy at my 18 week anatomy u/s. I was so convinced he was a girl, I had different symptoms, vivid dreams of him being a girl, and of course everyone and their mother was like I KNOW IT’S A GIRL!! So I had stupidly convinced myself. There was no denying the penis on the u/s ... the tech chuckled and was like “well, he’s not shy at all!” I had to hold back tears and literally said out loud “I knew it.” I was super upset for a good two plus weeks. Of course he is the sweetest boy and I can’t imagine our family without him now! But for me personally I definitely need to know ahead of time. If this is indeed boy #3 I want as long as possible to get used to the idea. Plus honestly I think it’s way easier (at least for me) to bond with the baby while pregnant when I know what it is ... I hate saying “it.” I’m a super name nerd and we always started referring to baby by name as soon as we found out. I never wanted to be team green with any of them, I like to plan and prepare ahead of time (TOTAL boy mom personality ) and it just makes it that much easier when you know ahead of time. That’s just my thoughts

Sorry for the book lol! Had a quick break at work and wanted to get all my thoughts out before I forgot! I took another test this morning and it’s already not even a squinter on the strip tests. Still doesn’t feel real to me, despite my absolutely ridiculous sense of smell which seems to get stronger by the hour!

My Ovulation Chart

Hot like Mexico, rejoice!
    At this point I gotta choose, nothing to lose

- -
    Me: Alyssa, 31
    DH: Efrain, 31
    TTC a girl summer 2020!

BFP on 08/18 at 9 dpo! Due date May 2nd 2021!

Link to my sway:
    http://https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway-/81254-hotlikemexico-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html#post1057291

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hotlikemexico View Post
    Hi nishi! Happy to see you in here too! I have read on these boards that the sneak peek urine test is NOT reliable! Personally if you could I would wait. I believe they do a blood test as well that’s more reliable but I would def stay away from the urine one if you can. Like hakrueg mentioned theres the NIPT which is a blood test that they can do starting around 10 ish weeks I think? It uses fetal DNA in your blood and checks for chromosomal abnormalities (I think) and can tell you gender as well! It didn’t even exist with my first pregnancy in 2012, and my second in 2015/16 it was still new and only done on older women and high risk pregnancies. NOWADAYS I think it’s routinely offered in many offices! I would definitely check with your provider when you have your first visit!

Hakrueg I think doulas are so cool and always wanted one BUT my previous midwife would stay with you through your whole labor basically (she really was the best) so a doula was sort of redundant. I’m still sad as hell that she moved ... the maternity ward at the hospital she delivered at closed due to not enough births, so she moved. Unfortunately I can’t follow her since I work for the hospital system and have their insurance and we have to stay in network... BUT they do have their own OB/midwife practice now, which they did not with my previous two pregnancies. When my midwife moved I was posting in a local group on fb how upset I was and one of the midwives at the new practice that I’ll be at actually private messaged me and put my mind way at ease! She was super nice and helpful and assured me that I starting this January they would always have one midwife in hospital on call and that I could definitely have a midwife-assisted VBAC with one of them. I’m going to request her for my first appt I will have to see all the midwives throughout my pregnancy to meet them all but I would really like her to be my primary!

My period is not even due until Sunday so I am going to wait and call them first thing Monday morning. I have absolutely no idea what will happen appt wise with Covid and all, so we shall see.

As for finding out gender, I definitely will be finding out, as early as possible. If they don’t offer me the NIPT outright I will ask for it; I’ve talked to a couple friends who recently had it done and all had it covered by insurance so I’m hopeful. We already decided that if we had to we would pay out of pocket for it as well. I had awful GD after I found out that DS2 was a boy at my 18 week anatomy u/s. I was so convinced he was a girl, I had different symptoms, vivid dreams of him being a girl, and of course everyone and their mother was like I KNOW IT’S A GIRL!! So I had stupidly convinced myself. There was no denying the penis on the u/s ... the tech chuckled and was like “well, he’s not shy at all!” I had to hold back tears and literally said out loud “I knew it.” I was super upset for a good two plus weeks. Of course he is the sweetest boy and I can’t imagine our family without him now! But for me personally I definitely need to know ahead of time. If this is indeed boy #3 I want as long as possible to get used to the idea. Plus honestly I think it’s way easier (at least for me) to bond with the baby while pregnant when I know what it is ... I hate saying “it.” I’m a super name nerd and we always started referring to baby by name as soon as we found out. I never wanted to be team green with any of them, I like to plan and prepare ahead of time (TOTAL boy mom personality ) and it just makes it that much easier when you know ahead of time. That’s just my thoughts

Sorry for the book lol! Had a quick break at work and wanted to get all my thoughts out before I forgot! I took another test this morning and it’s already not even a squinter on the strip tests. Still doesn’t feel real to me, despite my absolutely ridiculous sense of smell which seems to get stronger by the hour!

Hey thanks for sharing all the thoughts, where do you live ? And i will call my OB day after Tomorrow and let's see what she suggests i will share all of you. I am new in this area so i am looking for Good OB gyn

8. Likes hotlikemexico liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

April/May/June 2021

Last edited by hakrueg; October 20th, 2020 at 09:45 PM.

10. Likes hotlikemexico liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nishi I am in Massachusetts

That’s why I’m leaning towards finding out as well. If I experience GD, I’d like to deal with it before she comes and in private. I have made peace with having another daughter though but still. When you feel you’ve had a good sway, it’s hard not to be upset when it doesn’t work. I’m trying to set myself up to avoid it but deep down I know I likely would and I want adequate time to deal with it.

Man, it’s painful to even talk about. The guilt I felt just typing that. It’s like... dare I think positively and hope for a boy?

Anyway, I am so sorry that you experienced that. It sucks because it goes against everything you are taught to feel towards a baby which magnifies those feelings by 1000%. I hope this is your girl. You worked hard for her!

You summed up my feelings exactly! The guilt you feel even wishing for a particular gender.... it’s a whole bunch of emotions. I’m so glad I found this site and these boards. Even more than just to help our sway, also just to know I’m not the only one who feels/has felt this way! It’s so taboo to talk about in real life and there’s so much shame in it... We only told a few of our very good friends that we were even TTC in the first place because everyone has their opinions, and of those we told, only a very select few did I mention the sway. It’s like you can feel the judgement even mentioning “I did this to try to get a girl.” Most people just think my diet/exercise was to help with weight loss so luckily that was easy to explain.

And thank you! I hope so too and same for you! Let’s throw our blue and pink dust at each other!

My Ovulation Chart

Hot like Mexico, rejoice!
    At this point I gotta choose, nothing to lose

- -
    Me: Alyssa, 31
    DH: Efrain, 31
    TTC a girl summer 2020!

BFP on 08/18 at 9 dpo! Due date May 2nd 2021!

Link to my sway:
    http://https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway-/81254-hotlikemexico-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html#post1057291

12. Likes hakrueg liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Came here to say congratulations to everyone! May you all have happy and healthy 9 months! Hope to join you guys soon

14. Thanks hotlikemexico thanked for this post
    Likes hakrueg, babygirl1 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies! I just wanted to say congratulations and share my NIPT experience. With DD I was under 35 so insurance wouldn’t cover it, and running it through insurance was going to cost about $1000 but by not putting it through insurance and direct paying, it cost about $350!

16. Thanks hotlikemexico thanked for this post
    Likes hakrueg liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

April/May/June 2021

Last edited by hakrueg; October 20th, 2020 at 09:45 PM.

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast