Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Heart rate is completely debunked. It is gestation ALONE that determines heart rate and not gender. So since you've had girls in the past, it is meaningless what their heart rate was because it was their gestation. This means nothing.

FWIW my girl had a lower heart rate than a couple of her brothers.

Your OB should know better. Terrible advice. Not only has heart rate been debunked, but the idea that sick = girl is also debunked (in several studies now). ONLY in cases of hyperemesis did they find a SLIGHT increase in the number of girls, and it was minor. Like 53% girls, 47% boys. That is still very close to 50-50 and no connection was found to normal morning sickness.

Again, my girl debunks this old wives tale - 3 of my sons I was quite sick, one of my sons and my daughter I was barely sick at all. I have talked to I'm sure nearly 100k people by now about symptoms and there is NO TREND there. None whatsoever. I am always on the lookout for trends and there is nothing there to be found.
    Thank you atomic I will try to calm down. I have my big scan and genetic testing coming up at like 12ish weeks with maternal fetal medicine so hopefully I will get some good pictures for everyone to look at.

My OB is a resident so I'm sure her inexperience just had her quoting old wives tales. At least hopefully that was the case. Its hard to not get wrapped up in all of it since I'm having similar pregnancies so hopefully this is just how I am pregnant

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I got my NIPT results! Healthy baby! Yay. We didn't find out what gender that said though. We want to wait until ultrasound. I know NIPT are accurate. But there are some of them that have a 1.2% inaccuracy rate for gender . I know this isn't a lot when you say it like that, but that's 1/77 people. My gut just doesn't trust it, for the gender part at least. So we are holding out especially after my sneak peek results. I'm just over the blood test stuff.

3. Likes Flowergirl liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneylover View Post
    Well I got my NIPT results! Healthy baby! Yay. We didn't find out what gender that said though. We want to wait until ultrasound. I know NIPT are accurate. But there are some of them that have a 1.2% inaccuracy rate for gender . I know this isn't a lot when you say it like that, but that's 1/77 people. My gut just doesn't trust it, for the gender part at least. So we are holding out especially after my sneak peek results. I'm just over the blood test stuff.
    Yay for healthy baby!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris.kai View Post
    Finally saw baby today. Healthy! We got pushed back a week as dating scan only measured 9wk 3d but that was expected since I was having longer cycles and had no idea when I ovulated.

Embaressed to say I'm starting to spiral a little bit as heart rate was 167bpm which is girl territory. I know heart rate doesn't matter and people have had boys with high heart rate but with both my previous girls being in the 160s I have no hope left since nausea and heart rate both point to girl maybe I will be surprised but even my OB kept saying girl since I've been so sick and heart rate was high.

We wanted more children so I am grateful for a healthy baby over everything. thanks for listening ladies and I hope everyone is having their ideal pregnancy.

So glad you finally got to see your sweet baby! And they’re happy and healthy and you have a due date etc. gives you some more clarity! Will you do your NIPT in a week? I’m still (anxiously) awaiting my results...
    2015 successful GD sway (thank you Atomic I’m eternally grateful!)
    May 2020
    BFP September 2020 praying hard for a sticky sister for my daughter to complete our family

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneylover View Post
    So happy for you that baby is all perfect!
    May 2020
    BFP September 2020 praying hard for a sticky sister for my daughter to complete our family

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve had some brown discharge (TMI) and been to emergency because I’m so fearful something will go wrong or is wrong. Baby still has a heartbeat and looked happy. I’m not really any clearer on why or where the old blood came from, I’m praying it’s going to resolve. My obs noticed my placenta is low so he’ll keep an eye on that. My NIPT results are probably 3 working days away and my nuchal scan is in a week. I’m so scared
    Last edited by Flowergirl; November 19th, 2020 at 06:05 AM.
    May 2020

8. Likes g.pooja812 liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowergirl View Post
    So glad you finally got to see your sweet baby! And they’re happy and healthy and you have a due date etc. gives you some more clarity! Will you do your NIPT in a week? I’m still (anxiously) awaiting my results...
    So I'm waiting for a call from our maternal fetal medicine! The base had to refer me out to do all the in depth stuff since I was high risk with my first. But whenever we get it set up I will have a super in depth scan and all the NIPT and genetic testing done I wanna say last time they did it during week 12 so hopefully I won't be waiting super long.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies! I’m looking to chat with Atomic. I cannot login into my account on here. I’ve been booted off it before about a month ago. The only place I can write anything is in someone else’s thread. I’m sorry to intrude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    MFM just called and my scans and high risk stuff are coming up quick! Kinda disappointed as I'll only be 11+2 when they do the huge scan so nothing that will have nub shots or anything but NIPT should be accurate anyway so hopefully we will get the results super soon after that. Send me all your blue dust because I am spiraling

12. Likes g.pooja812 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies, I've been meaning to join the group since finding out
    I had my first scan recently and given due date of 25th May.
    Currently 13 weeks 4 days.
    Whats your thoughts on the nub theory...
    I did sent my pictures to have them read and I got girl guesses...

Hope your all doing well in your pregnancies xx

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dina N; November 28th, 2020 at 07:32 PM.

Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast