Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello! Glad to be on here with everyone. I will be due may 22/23 according to my ovulation date. First OB appt is October 5th. Swayed for a girl. Just catching up on what everyone has said. Symptoms here-even though I'm only 4 weeks. Strong sense of smell and my mid back is killing me. Nauseous basically all morning/afternoon. I had nothing like this last time! I barely felt pregnant until like 30 weeks with my boy.

2. Likes hotlikemexico liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

April/May/June 2021

Last edited by hakrueg; October 20th, 2020 at 09:52 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! I'll take all the dust hah. I started swaying basically right after my son was born. Trying to implement what I could. Started off slow, just vegan and walking here and there. Really kicked it up around 7-8 months ago. Started having more caffeine, going out To eat basically only once a week. Skipping breakfast daily. Working out every day. I didn't track exact calories or anything because I have previously been anorexic so that kind of mentality isn't great for me. However, I was able to still be aware of What I was eating and how much. My husband did all of that with me. He also started smoking more and drinking less caffeine. We're really excited! I just can't believe these symptoms already. I about died from morning sickness today.

5. Likes hotlikemexico liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

April/May/June 2021

Last edited by hakrueg; October 20th, 2020 at 09:53 PM.

7. Likes hotlikemexico liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Woohoo! Hi and welcome and congrats Disneylover! Sounds like a great pink sway! I had the crazy sense of smell from like 7dpo lol two days before I got my bfp. It’s always been an early symptom for me.

I’m sorry everyone seems to be dealing with the nausea and sickness! Mine comes and goes, I really only notice it first thing when I wake up, and if I let myself get too hungry. I actually think the nausea first thing in the morning is from not eating so long overnight lol! Actually I came very close to throwing up first thing Thursday morning but I’m not sure if that was only from the hunger nausea or thanks to the excruciating pain from my back.

hakrueg I feel you on the fatigue! I’m not a nap person but I’ve been taking naps daily and falling asleep super early. Last night I passed out on the couch at like 1030pm haha which is SO EARLY for me, I’m usually up until after midnight!

My lovely new symptom is food aversions. for the past day and a half, I’ve only been able to eat sweet foods. I’m definitely a salt person, so it sucks! I also bought a bag of arugula and a bunch of veggies earlier in the week to make salads, and now I can’t even LOOK at the veggies. I’m so mad! I have a ton of Buffalo Wild Wings leftovers in the fridge that I’m dying to eat, but the sight of them makes my stomach turn. UGH!

As for my back, I was 100% right — the neurosurgery guys won’t touch me, because of being pregnant. Won't prescribe anything other than Tylenol which doesn't touch it. He did order me for PT so I'll be starting this week hopefully. I asked about a repeat steroid injection but it would have to be a "blind" injection because they can't use fluoroscopy on pregnant people and he said the pain doctor prob wouldn't even be comfortable doing a blind injection. So I have to talk to them at the OB office on Tuesday at my first appt and see if they can prescribe a steroid dose pack, idk if I can take it or not, that would help the inflammation. I might not even need it by Tuesday, we'll see. I would never take narcotics either. It’s SLIGHTLY better today. I “slept” until almost 1130 so that helped. I kept waking up all night to change positions but I think the sleep at least helped relax my back spasm which helped a bit. I was able to get out of bed on my own, stand up straight, and walk around so far today, which is a huge improvement from yesterday. I’m going to give it my all with PT, keep up with it at home, focus on really adjusting my posture at work (that damn desk chair is what did me in again!!), and as soon as I’m healed start up slowly with exercise again, light walking and go from there. I will do ANYTHING not to experience this again. I’m terrified of it happening again when I’m further along with a big belly!

Anyway, that’s my update. Sorry for the book! one thing you guys will learn about me is that I talk way too much, Hahahaha. So don’t be afraid to type away either, I love reading everyone’s updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Ovulation Chart

Hot like Mexico, rejoice!
    At this point I gotta choose, nothing to lose

- -
    Me: Alyssa, 31
    DH: Efrain, 31
    TTC a girl summer 2020!

BFP on 08/18 at 9 dpo! Due date May 2nd 2021!

Link to my sway:
    http://https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway-/81254-hotlikemexico-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html#post1057291

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

April/May/June 2021

Last edited by hakrueg; October 20th, 2020 at 09:54 PM.

10. Likes hotlikemexico liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, it’s kind of annoying! It’s like, oh, you’re pregnant? Hands off from me, just deal with it! I actually was reading on some doctor message boards the other day when I was searching for steroid injections on pregnant women. One guy actually said, “bite a rope and deal with it.” Oh man that sent me into pregnancy rage what an A HOLE! Leave it to a man to say something like that. being pregnant is not easy and then add nerve pain on top of that — “just deal with it,” thanks dude. And yes I’ve been alternating heat and ice. The ice helps a little bit more but both help loosen the back spasm a bit. Usually they give flexeril or Valium, but again, can’t do that while pregnant. I’m trying though! Might go for a walk around the block with DH and the kids later because walking and moving around actually helps the most. Staying in one position for too long makes it way worse!

And that’s awesome for your friend! How exciting! Do you know how long it took her to get her NIPT results back? It seems like the average time around here is 9-10 days, from what I’ve seen and read at work.

As for instincts, I don’t trust mine at all. With DS1, I was sure he was a boy, and I was right of course, but we also wanted a boy first, so I feel like it was more to do with that than instinct. With DS2, I was 100% convinced he was a girl. For one my pregnancy was 100% different — I had horrible nausea with him, and none at all with DS1. I had vivid dreams I was carrying a girl. Everyone told me it was a girl. I was so convinced. But nope, the penis was undeniable on my anatomy scan. I honestly haven’t had any feelings either way this time. I’ve seen it going both ways. I’ve tried to accept that I’m destined to be surrounded by boys, so that I will be okay with it, and a girl would be the best surprise. Of course I have my hopes up though, since I feel like I did a pretty good job with my sway. Everything about my lifestyle and diet was a complete 180 than with both my boys. I know symptoms mean nothing, but weirdly enough, this pregnancy has been sort of a mix between what my first two were like with the boys. It’s like middle of the road nausea and aversions, whereas both my boys were the opposite ends of the spectrum. No nausea and horrible nausea. I was super fatigued with DS2, even more than this one, I could barely make it past 9pm most nights. So of course if anything the little voice is my head is like “this one is different than both the boys so maybe it’s a girl!” And I have to yell at myself SYMPTOMS MEAN NOTHING!!!! Lol.

Any thoughts on how you’re going to find out with the NIPT results? I know from reading at work that my office calls you with the results, tells you what the risk is for the trisomies, then they ask if you want to know gender. I read one record this week where the mom asked them to put the gender in an envelope and then she picked it up from the office. I think I am going to do that that way DH and I can open it together! I could never do a gender reveal like lots of my friends. I need to know right away, and I know if it’s another boy I am definitely going to cry. I want to do that in private, not surrounded by a bunch of people, haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Ovulation Chart

- -
    TTC a girl summer 2020!

Link to my sway:
    http://https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway-/81254-hotlikemexico-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html#post1057291

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow this back thing seems
    Horrible!
    I'm sorry you have to go through that and hopefully someone can help you. I hate how they do that to pregnant women like won't give you anything at all.
    I'm really struggling with the NIPT just deciding whether to get the gender results from it or not. Of course it would be super awesome to know early on that it worked and I got my girl! But it was really hard finding out so early last time. The depression never really went away until after birth. It was a rough 6 months. I would never do a gender reveal to anyone either! Food aversions have started slightly for me. I pretty much lived off doughnuts for the last three days so I feel you on sweets. Coffee which I craved with my son makes me soooo sick. I hope everyone starts feeling better soon! I actually don't have the fatigue this time around! More insomniac than anything. It's awhole new ball game.

13. Likes hotlikemexico liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nerve pain really is the worst. I wouldn't wish this on ANYONE! It honestly took away all of my excitement over being pregnant when it happened. But earlier today I walked into my office and saw my ultrasound picture propped up on my desk. It reminded me that I really am pregnant and brought back some of the excitement. This too shall pass, and I don't want to miss the excitement and enjoyment of being pregnant just because of my current injury!

How early did you find out last time disneylover? Did you get the NIPT then? I've never had it, so with both my boys I found out at my anatomy scan at 18w. It was AGONY waiting that long, hahaha. I am not a patient person AT ALL!! I know what you mean about the depression though. I was sad for a loooong time after I found out DS2 was a boy also. The way I look at it is: the longer I wait to find out, the longer I have to convince myself that it's a girl. I don't want to build up all that false hope if it ends up being another boy. I feel like I will be twice as let down and upset then. To me at least, the sooner I know, the better. This is very likely our last, so, if it is indeed boy #3, I think I'm going to need a bit extra time to accept that, get used to it, and start bonding with baby.

Also, that stinks about the coffee! Most days, coffee is the only thing that gets me through the morning at work, hahaha. It has not made me sick at all, thank god. Cutting back has been a big bummer.

My Ovulation Chart

- -
    TTC a girl summer 2020!

Link to my sway:

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

April/May/June 2021

Last edited by hakrueg; October 20th, 2020 at 09:54 PM.

16. Likes hotlikemexico liked this post
Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast