Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by reddevil View Post
    Hi everyone - have just caught up with this thread and hoping I could join you.
    REally sorry to see all the opposites, and hope everyone is ok.

I got a BFP last Thursday. It was a massive shock as we hadn't really started TTC. We were trying to discuss TTC and if we wanted to (already have DS3 and DS1). I wasn't sure I could handle another DS and if I was only doing it to get a DD I didn't want to do it. My DH was being a complete pain and not having mature conversations about it, so we basically didn't talk for 3 weeks, then I finally lost it with him, told him to be mature (after quite a lot of wine!) we talked for a while and ended up BD without protection. The next day I freaked out and we used protection from then on. Lo and behold I am pregnant form that one time. So annoyed with myself as I only had about 3 weeks on LE diet - I wanted at least 6 if we were going to try.
    I was distraught when I got the BFP but have come round to the idea now but am SO nervous to find out gender. Whats done is done now, but it will be another 5 weeks or so until I can get NIPT. I think about it constantly.
    Can't admit how I feel to anyone apart from on here, and have only told one friend and DH so far and will prob keep it that way until we get results.
    Congratulations on your BFP reddevil, how exciting! You never know, you could definitely still get your DD. It sounds like there was only one attempt in the fertile window! Do you know when your due date will be? Wondering what the gender is sends me on a bit of a rollercoaster too so I understand your worries especially when you hadn’t 100% decided you wanted another baby yet.
    2015 successful GD sway (thank you Atomic I’m eternally grateful!)
    May 2020
    BFP September 2020 praying hard for a sticky sister for my daughter to complete our family

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty View Post
    Hi ladies, i am so shocked by all the opposites as well! I desperately wanted to be in this group so I’ve been stalking and want to send everyone hugs! I hope everyone finds peace and joy in their new additions but please give yourself time. 2020 is cray cray lol
    I hope you can join us soon Pretty! 2020 is certainly cray cray. Last year I had absolutely ZERO intention of having any more babies and 2020 comes round and I’ve been pregnant twice!! What is this year?! Haha
    May 2020
    BFP September 2020 praying hard for a sticky sister for my daughter to complete our family

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowergirl View Post
    Did you get the NIPT test done Disneylover? Is that what you were scheduled in to do? I’m sorry it was a stressful experience!! How exciting that you’re only a week or so away from knowing who is growing inside! I don’t know if you need to do sneak peek as well if you’ve just find NIPT because that would be more accurate anyway wouldn’t it? Hugs x
    No I didn't get it done. That's the problem here. My doctor was out and I kept getting miscommunication left and right. Last appt my doctor told me I would be getting the nipt today. Even the midwife today told me that. But the nurse and intern said no not until my next appt. which is 3+ weeks away. I really don't want to wait that long because we have been planning a Halloween reveal. That's why I'm wanting to do the sneak peek. At least then I'll know like in a few days! I just really have this feeling it's a girl and I really would like to have that confirmed to start planning. I feel like if I was nervous it was a boy I'd be trying to push it back more. Idk I'm just very frustrated with my office today.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hotlikemexico View Post
    Okay, ladies. Surprise of my life! 1am, finished watching my show, I said “let me check my Natera portal for funsies before I go to bed!” ... AND MY PANORAMA RESULTS WERE POSTED!!!!!!

Ran upstairs and woke up DH. Shaking. Most important: low risk!! THANK THE UNIVERSE.

Now, the part everyone has been waiting for:

Count me in the 2020 pink sway OPPOSITES! It hasn’t hit yet... I think I am still in shock. It’s now 130am, not even sure how I’ll be able to sleep tonight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow! Congratulations for a healthy baby and that’s the most important thing at the moment. I am sorry this is what you didn’t expect however I am glad that baby boy is healthy. Hope you are feeling better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneylover View Post
    No I didn't get it done. That's the problem here. My doctor was out and I kept getting miscommunication left and right. Last appt my doctor told me I would be getting the nipt today. Even the midwife today told me that. But the nurse and intern said no not until my next appt. which is 3+ weeks away. I really don't want to wait that long because we have been planning a Halloween reveal. That's why I'm wanting to do the sneak peek. At least then I'll know like in a few days! I just really have this feeling it's a girl and I really would like to have that confirmed to start planning. I feel like if I was nervous it was a boy I'd be trying to push it back more. Idk I'm just very frustrated with my office today.
    Oh how frustrating!! I’d be tempted to do the sneak peek test too but would you announce based on those results because they’re not always accurate? 3+ weeks feels like ages away though when you’re feeling so ready to find out
    May 2020

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowergirl View Post
    Oh how frustrating!! I’d be tempted to do the sneak peek test too but would you announce based on those results because they’re not always accurate? 3+ weeks feels like ages away though when you’re feeling so ready to find out
    Yea I would do the clinical version of sneak peek. It's a tad more expensive but at least that way I know it's accurate. I also know I can't prick my own finger. I've tried before and failed. Hahah, plus the clinical one says you can get results next day!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea I would do the clinical version of sneak peek. It's a tad more expensive but at least that way I know it's accurate. I also know I can't prick my own finger. I've tried before and failed. Hahah, plus the clinical one says you can get results next day!
    A good friend of mine got totally wrong results doing the clinical version. She was told girl, but had a strong feeling she was having a boy and it was wrong. Her intuition was right and she had a boy. I don’t know exactly how these non-medical tests are supposed to work, but I’ve seen them wrong enough to not trust them. They always have excuses for the wrong result, too. If it’s a false boy it was contaminated by a male having existed anywhere near you. If it’s a false girl there wasn’t enough fetal cells to test or you did it too soon.
    DH (43), DW (40)

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyGirl19 View Post
    A good friend of mine got totally wrong results doing the clinical version. She was told girl, but had a strong feeling she was having a boy and it was wrong. Her intuition was right and she had a boy. I don’t know exactly how these non-medical tests are supposed to work, but I’ve seen them wrong enough to not trust them. They always have excuses for the wrong result, too. If it’s a false boy it was contaminated by a male having existed anywhere near you. If it’s a false girl there wasn’t enough fetal cells to test or you did it too soon.
    Well this bums me out I mean I guess I just figured clinical would mean it can't get contaminated and they should tell me if there's inconclusive amount of fetal dna. I know I could wait until NIPT but then I won't get an answer until like 13-14 weeks. Ugh. This is all so frustrating. I wish they would have just done it today like they were supposed to.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh in that case why not! I know I couldn’t do it on myself either!! How exciting that you can know so soon

Ahh edited to add that I’ve just read Bunnygirl’s experience. It doesn’t sound very reassuring after all!! I think if you want 100% accuracy it will be best to wait until the NIPT but I understand that it feels like a lifetime away when you were expecting to get it done today.
    Last edited by Flowergirl; October 20th, 2020 at 10:24 PM.
    May 2020

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well this bums me out I mean I guess I just figured clinical would mean it can't get contaminated and they should tell me if there's inconclusive amount of fetal dna. I know I could wait until NIPT but then I won't get an answer until like 13-14 weeks. Ugh. This is all so frustrating. I wish they would have just done it today like they were supposed to.
    I likely won’t get results until 12-13 weeks either. My office used to run them at 9 weeks, but they were getting enough inconclusive results with too low of a fetal fraction that needed retesting (this is more likely to happen if you are overweight) that they now make you wait until 10w3d to be drawn and then it takes about two weeks for the results to come back. We’re unsure if we are going to find out the gender along with the rest of the test, though.
    DH (43), DW (40)

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast