Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

April/May/June 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Mommylife View Post
    Hey guys just a update: I’m having a BOY !!
    I’m soooooo happy !!!!!! I think I’m the first one in this group who’s having a successful sway !!!
    Good luck everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congratulations Mommylife, how exciting! I’m having a successful (girl) sway too but I posted a while ago, I’m 18 weeks now

Last edited by Thirdtimelucky01; November 14th, 2020 at 03:36 PM.

2. Likes Flowergirl liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowergirl View Post
    It must be so hard not having had an appointment yet. Without even a dating scan you probably have no gender clues either aside from the nausea (which I keep reading doesn’t mean much at all!). How many weeks do you think you’d be now?

I’m going okay, almost 11 weeks. Had my NIPT done a couple days ago so anxiously waiting those results to know everything is okay and if our sway worked
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you Flowergirl! Not long now until you find out. My results were back in 96 hours (in Australia). Keep us posted!

4. Thanks Flowergirl thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats mommylife! I believe thirdtimelucky also had a successful (pink) sway.

Bunnygirl - I’m so, so sorry. I wish there was something I could do or say to help. I’m thinking of you and your family.

Also, I’m sorry for disappearing on you all! Thank you to everyone for all your comments and support, and those who private messaged me too, thank you so much! I’m so sorry I haven’t gotten back to anyone yet (I will, I promise!). I’ve been keeping up with the posts in this thread, I just had to step back from the site for a bit. It’s still hard for me to come here.

It’s like abifasc and I had both mentioned a while back. I love having boys and being a boy mom! At this point I’m actually excited for a boy! We’re about 97% sure Miles will be his name and we’ve been calling him that already. It’s just that this is almost definitely our last baby, and the thought of never having a daughter still makes me SO sad.

I had my NT scan three days after we got the NIPT back and it was great! Normal NT measurement, and it was SO cool to see him looking like an actual baby already. He was moving all around! I actually had tears seeing him. That helped me SO much. I’m 15+4 today and have been feeling tiny flutters for a few weeks now, and I love it. I have my next appt on Tuesday at 16w and I’m excited to finally be able to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler in the office!

I’m not sure why it’s so hard for me to come here still. At this point I almost feel like I’m dealing with this awful sense of “I failed” rather than gender disappointment, if that makes sense. There’s still a huge part of me that is sad at the thought of never having a daughter... but almost more than that, I almost feel like, what was the point? What did I do wrong? Looking at even just the 2020 stats alone, there are SO many pink sway successes. I did only the things that work for most people, most of the time. LE diet, exercise, one attempt, and alcohol, coffee, and fiber. I don’t know what I could have done differently. Maybe the PCOS diet? However, I’m not even sure I COULD do that — I actually lost TOO MUCH weight, I was underweight when I got my bfp. I struggled at the end with trying to keep on weight and had just started to increase my calories and fat when I got my bfp. I almost feel like cutting out sugar on the PCOS diet would make me lose TOO much weight, I’m not sure I could do it. So what else even is there? Nothing!

I still feel like we might just be “too fertile” of a couple to have a girl. Despite all the weight I lost, and being underweight, my body kept right on ovulating on CD13, as it’s done basically for the last 9 years (I’ve charted on and off since 2011). We had only ONE attempt (perfectly timed, of course, but still) and I STILL got pregnant on the first try. I’ve actively never experienced a negative pregnancy test (and I’m SO thankful for that!). I’ve been pregnant three times — three times TTC, three times pregnant on the first try, including the this time with just one attempt. And three boys. I know the average couple has something like a 30% chance of getting pregnant each month, even with perfect timing, yet it’s happened for us every single time we’ve ever tried. I just think that together, as a couple, there must be something that increases our chances to more than the average couple? And the entire point of swaying pink is to lower fertility enough to still get pregnant but up the chances of a girl. Maybe we are just TOO fertile together, that no matter what we do, it’s just not enough to lower us into the pink territory?

I just don’t know. I was destined to be a boy mom, I suppose! And clearly this little boy was meant to be ours. In the end, we just wanted another BABY. The day after I got my NIPT results, someone in my May due date group on Reddit got her results and they could only find one X chromosome. They told her there was a number of things it could be (including lab error) but it was a super stressful experience for her, and that kind of put things into perspective for me. My NIPT results were all low risk, and I had a great NT scan, and everything is going perfect so far. We could be in a completely different situation right now, and I’m so grateful that we are not. Plus, my due date is in exactly the time frame we were hoping for, so the timing is absolutely perfect! We have absolutely nothing to be upset about, other than the fact that we didn’t get the girl we hoped for.

I hope it will get easier for me to post here, because I miss it! I think I just need to shake the feeling of failure. Every time I come on here I’m instantly reminded of all that I did and it just brings back the overwhelming feeling of failure and sadness. I know it’s silly, I didn’t fail - I’m making a baby! It’s still so crazy to think, sometimes I still can’t believe I’m actually pregnant again! I’m going to try my hardest to keep up here because I miss posting and talking with you all!

Thanks for reading my ramblings if you made it this far.

My Ovulation Chart

Hot like Mexico, rejoice!
    At this point I gotta choose, nothing to lose

- -
    Me: Alyssa, 31
    DH: Efrain, 31
    TTC a girl summer 2020!

BFP on 08/18 at 9 dpo! Due date May 2nd 2021!

Link to my sway:
    http://https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway-/81254-hotlikemexico-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html#post1057291

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Thirdtimelucky01, Flowergirl liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyGirl19 View Post
    Ultrasound done Friday afternoon showed baby measured 8w6d, but no longer a heartbeat. I would have been 9w4d by gestation. We’re having testing done on baby to see if anything was wrong, but the doctor said it was likely due to a combination of my age and my blood clotting disorder. They expect testing back by the end of next week.
    Oh bunnygirl19, I’m so so sorry to hear it As a person who had 3 miscarriages out of 6 pregnancies I know how heartbreaking it is every single time. Sending you hugs and thinking of you xxxx

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

April/May/June 2021

Quote Originally Posted by hotlikemexico View Post
    Congrats mommylife! I believe thirdtimelucky also had a successful (pink) sway.

Bunnygirl - I’m so, so sorry. I wish there was something I could do or say to help. I’m thinking of you and your family.

Also, I’m sorry for disappearing on you all! Thank you to everyone for all your comments and support, and those who private messaged me too, thank you so much! I’m so sorry I haven’t gotten back to anyone yet (I will, I promise!). I’ve been keeping up with the posts in this thread, I just had to step back from the site for a bit. It’s still hard for me to come here.

It’s like abifasc and I had both mentioned a while back. I love having boys and being a boy mom! At this point I’m actually excited for a boy! We’re about 97% sure Miles will be his name and we’ve been calling him that already. It’s just that this is almost definitely our last baby, and the thought of never having a daughter still makes me SO sad.

I had my NT scan three days after we got the NIPT back and it was great! Normal NT measurement, and it was SO cool to see him looking like an actual baby already. He was moving all around! I actually had tears seeing him. That helped me SO much. I’m 15+4 today and have been feeling tiny flutters for a few weeks now, and I love it. I have my next appt on Tuesday at 16w and I’m excited to finally be able to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler in the office!

I’m not sure why it’s so hard for me to come here still. At this point I almost feel like I’m dealing with this awful sense of “I failed” rather than gender disappointment, if that makes sense. There’s still a huge part of me that is sad at the thought of never having a daughter... but almost more than that, I almost feel like, what was the point? What did I do wrong? Looking at even just the 2020 stats alone, there are SO many pink sway successes. I did only the things that work for most people, most of the time. LE diet, exercise, one attempt, and alcohol, coffee, and fiber. I don’t know what I could have done differently. Maybe the PCOS diet? However, I’m not even sure I COULD do that — I actually lost TOO MUCH weight, I was underweight when I got my bfp. I struggled at the end with trying to keep on weight and had just started to increase my calories and fat when I got my bfp. I almost feel like cutting out sugar on the PCOS diet would make me lose TOO much weight, I’m not sure I could do it. So what else even is there? Nothing!

I still feel like we might just be “too fertile” of a couple to have a girl. Despite all the weight I lost, and being underweight, my body kept right on ovulating on CD13, as it’s done basically for the last 9 years (I’ve charted on and off since 2011). We had only ONE attempt (perfectly timed, of course, but still) and I STILL got pregnant on the first try. I’ve actively never experienced a negative pregnancy test (and I’m SO thankful for that!). I’ve been pregnant three times — three times TTC, three times pregnant on the first try, including the this time with just one attempt. And three boys. I know the average couple has something like a 30% chance of getting pregnant each month, even with perfect timing, yet it’s happened for us every single time we’ve ever tried. I just think that together, as a couple, there must be something that increases our chances to more than the average couple? And the entire point of swaying pink is to lower fertility enough to still get pregnant but up the chances of a girl. Maybe we are just TOO fertile together, that no matter what we do, it’s just not enough to lower us into the pink territory?

I just don’t know. I was destined to be a boy mom, I suppose! And clearly this little boy was meant to be ours. In the end, we just wanted another BABY. The day after I got my NIPT results, someone in my May due date group on Reddit got her results and they could only find one X chromosome. They told her there was a number of things it could be (including lab error) but it was a super stressful experience for her, and that kind of put things into perspective for me. My NIPT results were all low risk, and I had a great NT scan, and everything is going perfect so far. We could be in a completely different situation right now, and I’m so grateful that we are not. Plus, my due date is in exactly the time frame we were hoping for, so the timing is absolutely perfect! We have absolutely nothing to be upset about, other than the fact that we didn’t get the girl we hoped for.

I hope it will get easier for me to post here, because I miss it! I think I just need to shake the feeling of failure. Every time I come on here I’m instantly reminded of all that I did and it just brings back the overwhelming feeling of failure and sadness. I know it’s silly, I didn’t fail - I’m making a baby! It’s still so crazy to think, sometimes I still can’t believe I’m actually pregnant again! I’m going to try my hardest to keep up here because I miss posting and talking with you all!

Thanks for reading my ramblings if you made it this far.

I’m so glad you posted again HLM, I was wondering how you were! I feel your pain about wanting a girl so bad, I had it when I found out my DS2 was a boy (He is the most amazing human being though and I would not swap him for a million girls right now). I know having a healthy baby is what matters most but the desire for a daughter was there nevertheless! You are also lucky to not have miscarriages (I have had 3, so my success rate is only 50%). Plus also you and your DH are still young, maybe a few years down the track you decide to have another bub? I know a woman who had two boys and was desperate for a daughter, got pregnant after years of trying at 37 with a girl and lost her at 27 weeks! Then had two girls at 39 and (a surprise) 41! Wishing you all the very best with this pregnancy! love the name!!!! P.S. and you definitely didn’t fail! No one really knows what works/decides the gender from all those things that we tweak. I thought you had a perfect sway!

Last edited by Thirdtimelucky01; November 14th, 2020 at 04:12 PM.

9. Thanks hotlikemexico thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It must be so hard not having had an appointment yet. Without even a dating scan you probably have no gender clues either aside from the nausea (which I keep reading doesn’t mean much at all!). How many weeks do you think you’d be now?

I’m going okay, almost 11 weeks. Had my NIPT done a couple days ago so anxiously waiting those results to know everything is okay and if our sway worked
    I think I'm around 10 weeks based on LMP. But its almost guaranteedto be adjusted as my cycles were longer. I have a scan on Tuesday so its soon! But yeah I feel like I've been waiting to see baby forever lol

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also I will keep my fingers crossed for your dream gender! Hopefully results come in soon

13. Thanks Flowergirl thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdtimelucky01 View Post
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you Flowergirl! Not long now until you find out. My results were back in 96 hours (in Australia). Keep us posted!

Thank you so much thirdtimelucky I’m in Australia too so that should mean I’ll get the results around Thursday hopefully! Oh my gosh I’m not sure I’ll be able to sleep much this week!
    2015 successful GD sway (thank you Atomic I’m eternally grateful!)
    May 2020
    BFP September 2020 praying hard for a sticky sister for my daughter to complete our family

15. Likes Thirdtimelucky01 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So good to hear from you HLM, I’ve been thinking of you and hoping you’re going okay! I’m so glad you saw your sweet boy and was able to bond with him. Love the name Miles! I hope you feel like you can come on here more if you enjoy chatting to us! I don’t ever think of opposites as a ‘failed sway’ but that God had plans for us that will make sense one day and they are always better than what we could ever plan for ourselves. I know it probably doesn’t lessen the longing you have in your heart for a DD but hopefully you can feel like it’s not ever something you did or didn’t do. Oh and I was SURE we had shut up shop with our 3 but here I am 5 years later with #4 on the way!!
    May 2020
    BFP September 2020 praying hard for a sticky sister for my daughter to complete our family

17. Thanks hotlikemexico thanked for this post
    Likes Thirdtimelucky01 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris.kai View Post
    I think I'm around 10 weeks based on LMP. But its almost guaranteedto be adjusted as my cycles were longer. I have a scan on Tuesday so its soon! But yeah I feel like I've been waiting to see baby forever lol

Oh how exciting! I bet you can’t wait until Tuesday!!
    May 2020

Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast