Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got my testing back. I had a genetically normal baby girl, but the placenta had clotted off blood vessels, which led to the miscarriage. My body just hates me.
    DH (43), DW (40)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is devastating Bunnygirl I’m so sorry. Don’t think your body hates you though, your amazing body has carried and delivered 7 children including TWINS! That is much more than most bodies could ever endure. I know this wouldn’t lessen the pain you’re feeling but you’re superwoman in my eyes!
    2015 successful GD sway (thank you Atomic I’m eternally grateful!)
    May 2020
    BFP September 2020 praying hard for a sticky sister for my daughter to complete our family

3. Likes BunnyGirl19, polaris.kai liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm
    Quote Originally Posted by hotlikemexico View Post
    Congrats mommylife! I believe thirdtimelucky also had a successful (pink) sway.

Bunnygirl - I’m so, so sorry. I wish there was something I could do or say to help. I’m thinking of you and your family.

Also, I’m sorry for disappearing on you all! Thank you to everyone for all your comments and support, and those who private messaged me too, thank you so much! I’m so sorry I haven’t gotten back to anyone yet (I will, I promise!). I’ve been keeping up with the posts in this thread, I just had to step back from the site for a bit. It’s still hard for me to come here.

It’s like abifasc and I had both mentioned a while back. I love having boys and being a boy mom! At this point I’m actually excited for a boy! We’re about 97% sure Miles will be his name and we’ve been calling him that already. It’s just that this is almost definitely our last baby, and the thought of never having a daughter still makes me SO sad.

I had my NT scan three days after we got the NIPT back and it was great! Normal NT measurement, and it was SO cool to see him looking like an actual baby already. He was moving all around! I actually had tears seeing him. That helped me SO much. I’m 15+4 today and have been feeling tiny flutters for a few weeks now, and I love it. I have my next appt on Tuesday at 16w and I’m excited to finally be able to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler in the office!

I’m not sure why it’s so hard for me to come here still. At this point I almost feel like I’m dealing with this awful sense of “I failed” rather than gender disappointment, if that makes sense. There’s still a huge part of me that is sad at the thought of never having a daughter... but almost more than that, I almost feel like, what was the point? What did I do wrong? Looking at even just the 2020 stats alone, there are SO many pink sway successes. I did only the things that work for most people, most of the time. LE diet, exercise, one attempt, and alcohol, coffee, and fiber. I don’t know what I could have done differently. Maybe the PCOS diet? However, I’m not even sure I COULD do that — I actually lost TOO MUCH weight, I was underweight when I got my bfp. I struggled at the end with trying to keep on weight and had just started to increase my calories and fat when I got my bfp. I almost feel like cutting out sugar on the PCOS diet would make me lose TOO much weight, I’m not sure I could do it. So what else even is there? Nothing!

I still feel like we might just be “too fertile” of a couple to have a girl. Despite all the weight I lost, and being underweight, my body kept right on ovulating on CD13, as it’s done basically for the last 9 years (I’ve charted on and off since 2011). We had only ONE attempt (perfectly timed, of course, but still) and I STILL got pregnant on the first try. I’ve actively never experienced a negative pregnancy test (and I’m SO thankful for that!). I’ve been pregnant three times — three times TTC, three times pregnant on the first try, including the this time with just one attempt. And three boys. I know the average couple has something like a 30% chance of getting pregnant each month, even with perfect timing, yet it’s happened for us every single time we’ve ever tried. I just think that together, as a couple, there must be something that increases our chances to more than the average couple? And the entire point of swaying pink is to lower fertility enough to still get pregnant but up the chances of a girl. Maybe we are just TOO fertile together, that no matter what we do, it’s just not enough to lower us into the pink territory?

I just don’t know. I was destined to be a boy mom, I suppose! And clearly this little boy was meant to be ours. In the end, we just wanted another BABY. The day after I got my NIPT results, someone in my May due date group on Reddit got her results and they could only find one X chromosome. They told her there was a number of things it could be (including lab error) but it was a super stressful experience for her, and that kind of put things into perspective for me. My NIPT results were all low risk, and I had a great NT scan, and everything is going perfect so far. We could be in a completely different situation right now, and I’m so grateful that we are not. Plus, my due date is in exactly the time frame we were hoping for, so the timing is absolutely perfect! We have absolutely nothing to be upset about, other than the fact that we didn’t get the girl we hoped for.

I hope it will get easier for me to post here, because I miss it! I think I just need to shake the feeling of failure. Every time I come on here I’m instantly reminded of all that I did and it just brings back the overwhelming feeling of failure and sadness. I know it’s silly, I didn’t fail - I’m making a baby! It’s still so crazy to think, sometimes I still can’t believe I’m actually pregnant again! I’m going to try my hardest to keep up here because I miss posting and talking with you all!

Thanks for reading my ramblings if you made it this far.
    So glad you're back! I feel the same. I haven't been on here in forever either because it was just too painful. I'm still holding onto a small shred of hope my sneak peek was wrong. I took my NIPT last week but honestly I don't think I'm going to hear those results. We're just going to wait until our ultrasound. In all honesty I wish I wouldn't have found out anything until birth but it's too late for that now lol. I can't imagine deciding it's your last child and dealing with never having a girl. My husband had a brief few hours after he found out where he acted like that and I couldn't handle it. That feeling was something I never want to feel again. At this point hubby and I have agreed that if this is indeed a boy we are 1000% doing ivf. My parents are going to help pay for it, and hopefully we will get one or two healthy girls that way ! Feel free to message me anytime. I'm always here to talk

5. Thanks hotlikemexico thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyGirl19 View Post
    I got my testing back. I had a genetically normal baby girl, but the placenta had clotted off blood vessels, which led to the miscarriage. My body just hates me.
    I'm so sorry bunnygirl. I am hurting for you and your family and you guys are in my thoughts

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally saw baby today. Healthy! We got pushed back a week as dating scan only measured 9wk 3d but that was expected since I was having longer cycles and had no idea when I ovulated.

Embaressed to say I'm starting to spiral a little bit as heart rate was 167bpm which is girl territory. I know heart rate doesn't matter and people have had boys with high heart rate but with both my previous girls being in the 160s I have no hope left since nausea and heart rate both point to girl maybe I will be surprised but even my OB kept saying girl since I've been so sick and heart rate was high.

We wanted more children so I am grateful for a healthy baby over everything. thanks for listening ladies and I hope everyone is having their ideal pregnancy.

8. Likes Flowergirl liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris.kai View Post
    Finally saw baby today. Healthy! We got pushed back a week as dating scan only measured 9wk 3d but that was expected since I was having longer cycles and had no idea when I ovulated.

Embaressed to say I'm starting to spiral a little bit as heart rate was 167bpm which is girl territory. I know heart rate doesn't matter and people have had boys with high heart rate but with both my previous girls being in the 160s I have no hope left since nausea and heart rate both point to girl maybe I will be surprised but even my OB kept saying girl since I've been so sick and heart rate was high.

We wanted more children so I am grateful for a healthy baby over everything. thanks for listening ladies and I hope everyone is having their ideal pregnancy.

Seriously heart rate is debunked! At least in the way people take it. It is actually scientificly proven but it's shown girls have a higher heart rate...starting at 36 weeks lol. And of course rhis is on average so it really doesn't work unless you have a different baby to compare to. Either way I wouldn't worry! Plus your early babies always have high heart rates early! As for having my desired pregnancy... I mean the sickness has subsided but I'm always tired. And my back is KILLING me. Like I mean I'm so much pain I can barely move. Still craving sweets. Still anti- spicy or Mexican or like idk anything I wanted with my last pregnancy lol. Still holding onto that 1/100 chance my sneak peak was wrong.

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no I'm so sorry to read this Bunny.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Heart rate is completely debunked. It is gestation ALONE that determines heart rate and not gender. So since you've had girls in the past, it is meaningless what their heart rate was because it was their gestation. This means nothing.

FWIW my girl had a lower heart rate than a couple of her brothers.

Your OB should know better. Terrible advice. Not only has heart rate been debunked, but the idea that sick = girl is also debunked (in several studies now). ONLY in cases of hyperemesis did they find a SLIGHT increase in the number of girls, and it was minor. Like 53% girls, 47% boys. That is still very close to 50-50 and no connection was found to normal morning sickness.

Again, my girl debunks this old wives tale - 3 of my sons I was quite sick, one of my sons and my daughter I was barely sick at all. I have talked to I'm sure nearly 100k people by now about symptoms and there is NO TREND there. None whatsoever. I am always on the lookout for trends and there is nothing there to be found.

13. Likes hotlikemexico liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneylover View Post
    Seriously heart rate is debunked! At least in the way people take it. It is actually scientificly proven but it's shown girls have a higher heart rate...starting at 36 weeks lol. And of course rhis is on average so it really doesn't work unless you have a different baby to compare to. Either way I wouldn't worry! Plus your early babies always have high heart rates early! As for having my desired pregnancy... I mean the sickness has subsided but I'm always tired. And my back is KILLING me. Like I mean I'm so much pain I can barely move. Still craving sweets. Still anti- spicy or Mexican or like idk anything I wanted with my last pregnancy lol. Still holding onto that 1/100 chance my sneak peak was wrong.
    the only study that ever found any correlation with heart rate and gender was more like 39 weeks. And that was just one study, other studies have found other results. Early pregnancy, the only thing that determines heart rate is gestation, not gender.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneylover View Post
    Thank you I will try to calm down and I feel you on the ideal pregnancy thing i have back pain, bloating and am super sick again so I'm hoping it gets better for me later

I hope your results are wrong too. It would be nice to have more successes in our due date group! Even though I know the success rate of the entire site is still going well.

Last edited by polaris.kai; November 18th, 2020 at 03:31 PM.

Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast