Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just tossing it out here that we've had some issues in the past with vaccination discussions becoming heated so let's all be on our best behavior! Thank you!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Likes BunnyGirl19 liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

JULY/AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2021

Anyone else team green? We decided not to find out as really want a girl but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter - so thought if we find out straight after birth we won’t care!

We had the NIPT done (the type that automatically tests gender). The lady whited it out out in our hard copy and said that my usual doctors office was discrete so wouldn’t slip up on the electronic version of results.

We are going to a hospital where the testing and ultrasounds ALL done at one place.

We had our 21 week ultrasound and the technician brought up our file (which I’m assuming has everything on it including full NIPT results as it’s a one stop shop). She asked if we knew what we were having around same time. We said no and she did a bit more fiddling with her scan machine. Then she started scanning and said something about the baby being a he like “oh he’s on his back today away from us”.

For the entire rest of the scan she referred to baby as “it” “them” “they” - never once did she throw in a “she” to mix up her girl comment.

I can’t help but just know it was an actual slip up/mistake from her - which is okay, but I’m feeling like I’ve got gender disappointment without even having the real news.

There’s no clues on my scan - I’ve trawled and trawled the images since just trying to make sense of my thoughts.

Should I give up team green and just find out now I basically know anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MsDashwood; March 15th, 2021 at 10:16 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We were going to be team green until we found out we were having twins. I still wanted to stay green, but DH really wanted to know, so we found out and are now waiting to reconfirm at our next scan. I feel pretty confident they are right since Sneak Peek, first trimester screen, and 13 week ultrasound all gave the same result. I’m trying to talk DH into keeping it a secret from everyone else now. I liked watching everyone get irrational and irritated over not knowing what our #4 was and want to do it again. LOL
    DH (43), DW (40)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MsDashwood View Post
    Anyone else team green? We decided not to find out as really want a girl but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter - so thought if we find out straight after birth we won’t care!

We had the NIPT done (the type that automatically tests gender). The lady whited it out out in our hard copy and said that my usual doctors office was discrete so wouldn’t slip up on the electronic version of results.

We are going to a hospital where the testing and ultrasounds ALL done at one place.

We had our 21 week ultrasound and the technician brought up our file (which I’m assuming has everything on it including full NIPT results as it’s a one stop shop). She asked if we knew what we were having around same time. We said no and she did a bit more fiddling with her scan machine. Then she started scanning and said something about the baby being a he like “oh he’s on his back today away from us”.

For the entire rest of the scan she referred to baby as “it” “them” “they” - never once did she throw in a “she” to mix up her girl comment.

I can’t help but just know it was an actual slip up/mistake from her - which is okay, but I’m feeling like I’ve got gender disappointment without even having the real news.

There’s no clues on my scan - I’ve trawled and trawled the images since just trying to make sense of my thoughts.

Hey! We did not find out with baby girl #4 but waited to keep her a surprise. I didn’t want to experience GD for the 4th time so we waited. At our 20 week ultrasound the tech at one point said “he” as well so I was convinced we were finally getting our boy! The rest of the time she referred to her as “baby”! So just because they said “he” doesn’t mean a thing! I think people tend to say “he” trying to be neutral because “it” just doesn’t seem right

I’ve been going crazy over trying to see a nub when we took a peek at baby at 12 weeks (atomic and bunny know ) but I’m wondering if we should be team yellow or green? I can’t remember lol. My only thing was I caught myself not relaxing as much during my labor because i was 1) terrified of having preeclampsia again (i did with my 3rd) and 2) concerned about who I was going to meet. I was a little let down when she came but that quickly disappeared. I’ve experience GD all 3 times. Like I said with the 4th is lasted just a moment so I wouldn’t count that as GD. I’m not sure about experiencing it for this last baby.

Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Momma to two beautiful girls
    Health coach and personal trainer
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jconger View Post
    Hey! We did not find out with baby girl #4 but waited to keep her a surprise. I didn’t want to experience GD for the 4th time so we waited. At our 20 week ultrasound the tech at one point said “he” as well so I was convinced we were finally getting our boy! The rest of the time she referred to her as “baby”! So just because they said “he” doesn’t mean a thing! I think people tend to say “he” trying to be neutral because “it” just doesn’t seem right

I’ve been going crazy over trying to see a nub when we took a peek at baby at 12 weeks (atomic and bunny know ) but I’m wondering if we should be team yellow or green? I can’t remember lol. My only thing was I caught myself not relaxing as much during my labor because i was 1) terrified of having preeclampsia again (i did with my 3rd) and 2) concerned about who I was going to meet. I was a little let down when she came but that quickly disappeared. I’ve experience GD all 3 times. Like I said with the 4th is lasted just a moment so I wouldn’t count that as GD. I’m not sure about experiencing it for this last baby.

Thank you! I’m glad you got a “he” and it wasn’t the truth (although .... in your situation it was what you wanted!). Have you posted your nub? Love looking at those and guessing. My nub was so clear in my 12th week ultrasound and completely missing from my 13th week ultrasound so I never got to test out the theory as it can still rise after 12 weeks.

You’ve made me feel good about team green/yellow in you only got slight GD at time. That’s what I was thinking. I’d I find out now it’s a boy I’ll overthink about the fact we will never have our girl, but after the birth I will be too busy meeting and getting used to the baby.

I hope you have a boy!!

7. Thanks Jconger thanked for this post
    Likes Jconger liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyGirl19 View Post
    We were going to be team green until we found out we were having twins. I still wanted to stay green, but DH really wanted to know, so we found out and are now waiting to reconfirm at our next scan. I feel pretty confident they are right since Sneak Peek, first trimester screen, and 13 week ultrasound all gave the same result. I’m trying to talk DH into keeping it a secret from everyone else now. I liked watching everyone get irrational and irritated over not knowing what our #4 was and want to do it again. LOL
    Twin girls (well... almost confirmed). Just amazing. I would have found out if we had twins as well. Twins are a wonderful surprise enough! You may want to tell people this time around so they can get gifts ready etc. Two surprises seems a big thing for people to be ready for if they are itching to find out as well!!!

9. Likes Jconger liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MsDashwood View Post

I know it’s hard not to, but try not to read too much into it. I’m an l&d nurse, and when parents don’t know baby’s sex I sometimes accidentally refer to baby as ‘he.’ It’s really just a slip, I think it comes more naturally to me because I have boys. Parents also don’t like their baby being called ‘it’, haha. I usually just try to say something like ‘baby is on your left side’ but sometimes those pronouns do slip out.
    due August 2021!

11. Likes Jconger liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone! How are you all feeling?

What are everyones Due Dates? Mine is Aug 26 but I will be having a planned C-section so Im guessing the 20th ish.

I feel like the time has been flying quite quickly. We are telling my kids tonight and my parents and my husbands parents friday. I am excited but a little sad it wont be just us that knows any more
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

13. Likes Jconger liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m still feeling a bit blah and tired, but nausea is getting better. I’m due September 17, but only get to go to 36 weeks, if they stay in that long, which puts me at August 20. I’d like to schedule for August 23 if I can.
    DH (43), DW (40)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Treens how did telling the family go?

I had my anatomy scan last week, everything looks good and baby is measuring in the 50th percentile- just like my other kids. We also got a good girl potty shot; not that I didn’t believe the NIPT but having a second confirmation is reassuring! I haven’t bought one girl thing, maybe I’ll be able to now. Although my family wants to have a small ‘sprinkle’ for me and I have a feeling we’ll get a TON of clothes since we have all of the baby necessities from our boys. So maybe I should hold off on buying much

We’re still struggling with names, has anyone decided? Hope you’re all doing well!
    due August 2021!

16. Likes Jconger liked this post
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast