Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m still doing well, but activity is hard for me now. I found out I have a critically low ferritin level (likely related to treating my severe GERD) and am scheduled for an iron infusion next week. We had extreme heat last week and on the mini vacation we took the youngest kids on. I swelled up and got sick from the high temps. Now that the swelling has mostly gone down, I see that I’ve lost a few pounds. I’m drinking extra protein shakes to try to correct that. The babies are both pretty active, but I don’t always feel more than just light taps since they both have anterior placentas. I feel their more dramatic movements, though. They were both breech on my last scan, so it’s looking more likely I’ll be having a c-section. My bigger issue now is the hospital not allowing inductions before 38 weeks, even for multiples. I’m supposed to be induced at 36 weeks due to my health conditions and will now have to jump through a million hoops to attempt to schedule it at the right time and hope it will be approved. It’s so frustrating when some administrator thinks they can call the shots on care doctors say patients need.
    DH (43), DW (40)

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That has to be so frustrating! How many multiples make it to 38 weeks anyways.... some people have not clue! Well I hope everything goes in the direction you need

I had a dr. appointment to day and they want me to have ultrasounds every 2 weeks because of my age.... But I had a great ultrasound last week already, with no issues. He is exactly on date and is right at the 50%. I guess its nice to keep seeing but going weekly takes up so much time.

I also have a anterior placenta but i feel most of my movement inside. Wakes me up at least 3x a night. LOL I also get "lighting crotch" he gets on a nerve or something and its crazy.
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Around 60% of twins deliver by 36 weeks. Very few make it to 38 weeks and the risk of stillbirth jumps after 37 weeks. I’m getting stressed about the hospital wanting an induction so far along, especially since my singleton pregnancies were all to be induced at 38 weeks due to risks (stillbirth and placental abruption) associated with my clotting disorder. The risks for those happening are significantly higher with multiples even before considering my medical history. At this point I’m hoping I go into labor on my own sooner (likely since my singletons usually come at 35-36 week range on their own) or the hospital approves my 36-week induction.
    DH (43), DW (40)

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope it happens early natural for you!!! What week are you at now?
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh NO Bunny I didn't realize you were in Oregon, that was absolutely HELLISH living through that heat. I'm so sorry you had to go through that, hope it's cooler where you are now.

Praying that you go into labor naturally on your own sooner or that the bureaucracy lightens up!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes BunnyGirl19 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by treens View Post
    That has to be so frustrating! How many multiples make it to 38 weeks anyways.... some people have not clue! Well I hope everything goes in the direction you need

I had a dr. appointment to day and they want me to have ultrasounds every 2 weeks because of my age.... But I had a great ultrasound last week already, with no issues. He is exactly on date and is right at the 50%. I guess its nice to keep seeing but going weekly takes up so much time.

I also have a anterior placenta but i feel most of my movement inside. Wakes me up at least 3x a night. LOL I also get "lighting crotch" he gets on a nerve or something and its crazy.
    29w5d today
    DH (43), DW (40)

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hang on little babies - just the right amount of time!

14. Likes BunnyGirl19 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    34 weeks+1 had another ultrasound today. He is measuring at 5.5 pounds. Everything looks good.

Anyone else "older" and have to get ultrasounds every 2 weeks after 32 weeks? Everything has been fine the last 1 but since i am old 40. they do this in canada.

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve been getting them every three weeks. Starting next Friday I’m getting weekly scans, but every other week will be a full growth scan. The in-between scans will be for basic checks of fluid, heart rate, cervix, placenta health, etc. I’m also 40 and listed as “geriatric pregnancy” in my chart. At my last scan everything was still looking good with babies estimated at 10-11 days behind dates now. My doctor is estimating I’ll go into labor on my own between 34-36 weeks and my cervix had started shortening a bit. I managed to make it to 30 weeks with normal blood sugars, but in the last week all but my fasting levels have been too high. I started on insulin yesterday. I also got an iron infusion yesterday. Three weeks ago when my labs were drawn my ferritin came back at 6 and my hemoglobin was in the low 10s. Yesterday before the infusion my ferritin came back at 1 and my hemoglobin was mid 8s. I’ve never been anemic in pregnancy before.
    DH (43), DW (40)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh, hang in there Bunny!!!

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast