Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 646
  1. #531
    Dreamer

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    temp dropped below coverline and of course AF arrived today 13dpo a day earlier then expected so I probably ovulated a day earlier.

    @atomic, is BD on the night of O-2&O-1 better or O-1&O? I hope we can have the sperm tested again this month to see if there is any progress. Do you think I should get some blood work done as well? I havn't had any of my levels tested, my OB didn't find it necessary because we have the male issue. If so, what should I test?
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

  2. #532
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    107,938
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Yes, I absolutely think you should have some testing done. Sometimes fertility challenges are multifactorial and it may be that you have something going on too. Have you ever had an HSG done to test for blockages in the tubes?? You should have tests done to be sure you're ovulating regularly and that your LP is long enough to allow an egg to implant successfully.

    O-2 and O-1 is better. The night of O Day can be too late.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

  3. Thanks onelittlewish thanked for this post
  4. #533
    Dream Vet
    LMSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by onelittlewish View Post
    temp dropped below coverline and of course AF arrived today 13dpo a day earlier then expected so I probably ovulated a day earlier.

    @atomic, is BD on the night of O-2&O-1 better or O-1&O? I hope we can have the sperm tested again this month to see if there is any progress. Do you think I should get some blood work done as well? I havn't had any of my levels tested, my OB didn't find it necessary because we have the male issue. If so, what should I test?
    As someone who's had fertility issues in the past, just my 2 cents worth - I would definitely push for a basic fertility assessment for you (tubes, hormones etc).
    It'd be terrible to assume it was only the sperm, and try loads of things on that side, only to find out later that there were issues on your side (which there hopefully won't be!) and that you directed your efforts only towards half of the equation, wasting time in the process. Also, with women, especially because it is our bodies carrying the pregnancy, there is so much more complexity involved so subtle changes could make all the difference!
    Good luck
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (2014)
    Our sway didnít work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

    Fingers crossed for TTC #5 in July/August 2023!

  5. Thanks onelittlewish thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
  6. #534
    Dreamer

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, I absolutely think you should have some testing done. Sometimes fertility challenges are multifactorial and it may be that you have something going on too. Have you ever had an HSG done to test for blockages in the tubes?? You should have tests done to be sure you're ovulating regularly and that your LP is long enough to allow an egg to implant successfully.

    O-2 and O-1 is better. The night of O Day can be too late.
    I have not had an HSG done because my doc says that it is not necessary to check HSG until the semen analysis come back normal. I kind of disagree but I didn't push for it too, maybe I should. We will go for another round of semen analysis tomorrow and I will have my blood checked for the hormones. My LP is normally 13 days so length wise it's normal.
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

  7. #535
    Dreamer

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    As someone who's had fertility issues in the past, just my 2 cents worth - I would definitely push for a basic fertility assessment for you (tubes, hormones etc).
    It'd be terrible to assume it was only the sperm, and try loads of things on that side, only to find out later that there were issues on your side (which there hopefully won't be!) and that you directed your efforts only towards half of the equation, wasting time in the process. Also, with women, especially because it is our bodies carrying the pregnancy, there is so much more complexity involved so subtle changes could make all the difference!
    Good luck
    I totally agree, that's exactly my concern! I don't know why my doc refuse to do a thorough checkup on me and assume that I am all normal only with the ultrasound scan of uterus, endometrium and ovaries (not saying I'd like to see an issue). I'd def push for the hormonal and tube tests...and get a second opinion if i have to. Thank you so much for your input! If I may ask, was your fertility issue solved easily?
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

  8. #536
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    107,938
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by onelittlewish View Post
    I have not had an HSG done because my doc says that it is not necessary to check HSG until the semen analysis come back normal. I kind of disagree but I didn't push for it too, maybe I should. We will go for another round of semen analysis tomorrow and I will have my blood checked for the hormones. My LP is normally 13 days so length wise it's normal.
    Your doctor is 1000% percent wrong and that is actually bordering on medical malpractice. In 1/3 of all cases of infertility, both partners have something wrong and thus both partners should be checked. Any time a woman is not conceiving, her uterus and tubes should be checked, not only because she's trying to get pregnant, but because the reasons for issues with uterus/tubes can be caused by things that need to be treated for your overall health, not even having to do with your fertility. If you have PID for instance, that can be very serious, as can endometriosis, and these things could cause scarring in your tubes that is preventing conception and could cause either severe, critical emergencies (from infection or ovarian cysts rupturing and bleeding) or lifelong health issues if left untreated. My suggestion is to get a new doctor in the long term, and for now you need to push for the HSG immediately.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

  9. Thanks onelittlewish thanked for this post
  10. #537
    Big Dreamer

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    435
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    2022 TWW Thread!

    I have been calling my GP trying for referral and tests.
    every time I speak to them they just assume that I am calling because I want to get to IVF referral. they asks how many kids I have and when I say 2 .. they always sounds like it will happen when it will happen.. you cant get into fertility treatments through nhs because you already have 2 kids.. always sounded as if it is not important because I already have two kids. I initially didnít understand they meant ivf etc meaning fertility treatments.. and i have to clearly tell them that I am not here for IVF referral, but I want to know whats going with my body.
    each time I have to explain it as they are different docs .. and so far I have managed to check DH sperm.. and my blood and thyroid. the month they checked they clarified I have ovulated. so the next thing I want to know is any cyst, blockage or endometriosis I guess??

    I am also wondering if I can do HSG. I really wish to know whatís going on this time. they checked my blood twice and first one was last year and told me i have lack of vit D and few weeks back.. they said zinc.. but honestly i feel they r saying to make me feel like they looked
    this is s the story of uk and nhs.

    onelittle- r u based in uk?

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #538
    Dream Vet
    LMSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by onelittlewish View Post
    I totally agree, that's exactly my concern! I don't know why my doc refuse to do a thorough checkup on me and assume that I am all normal only with the ultrasound scan of uterus, endometrium and ovaries (not saying I'd like to see an issue). I'd def push for the hormonal and tube tests...and get a second opinion if i have to. Thank you so much for your input! If I may ask, was your fertility issue solved easily?
    With my 2 first daughters, I had a laparospcopy for endometriosis (one operation about 6-12 months each time before falling with each of them) and then Clomid to help ovulate / once pregnant was on progesterone supplements for the 1st trimester.
    I still have endometriosis (it is not something you can "cure") but have not needed a new laparoscopy as symptoms have been manageable nor have I needed Clomid to have a proper ovulation... and in fact conceived twice completely naturally (#3 in 2 cycles and #4 I wasn't even TTC oops!).
    Hope you get some answers soon so you can get that baby on the way x
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (2014)
    Our sway didnít work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

    Fingers crossed for TTC #5 in July/August 2023!

  12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
  13. #539
    Dreamer

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazmin View Post
    I have been calling my GP trying for referral and tests.
    every time I speak to them they just assume that I am calling because I want to get to IVF referral. they asks how many kids I have and when I say 2 .. they always sounds like it will happen when it will happen.. you cant get into fertility treatments through nhs because you already have 2 kids.. always sounded as if it is not important because I already have two kids. I initially didn’t understand they meant ivf etc meaning fertility treatments.. and i have to clearly tell them that I am not here for IVF referral, but I want to know whats going with my body.
    each time I have to explain it as they are different docs .. and so far I have managed to check DH sperm.. and my blood and thyroid. the month they checked they clarified I have ovulated. so the next thing I want to know is any cyst, blockage or endometriosis I guess??

    I am also wondering if I can do HSG. I really wish to know what’s going on this time. they checked my blood twice and first one was last year and told me i have lack of vit D and few weeks back.. they said zinc.. but honestly i feel they r saying to make me feel like they looked
    this is s the story of uk and nhs.

    onelittle- r u based in uk?

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Jazmin, wow we are in the same situation! I feel too that my doc just assume that I have no issue because I have two kids already. How long have you been trying? I am not in the UK, I am based in Indonesia...so over here we don't really need doc referral to do lab tests. As long as we know what to test, we can just go to the lab and do it. But for tests like HSG we would need doc referral I think. How are the results of your tests so far? All good?

    I've just tested on my hormones (I'm not even sure I've got the right ones...but I did AMH/LH/FSH/Estradiol/Progesteron/Prolaclin/Testosteron/TSH and T4) and I had monitored my ovulation for a few cycles so I am ovulating normally.

    I just got the sperm result back still not good (10 months since our first analysis). Concentration 14x10^6/ml slightly lower, count is ok 56x10^6/ejac, PR motility 28% and morphology normal still only 1%. Is there no hope to conceive naturally? I'll get the rest of my lab results this friday.

    @LMSM, thank you so much for sharing! It's amazing that you actually conceived twice naturally! Hopefully you will again for the third time when you start TTC again and I'm more than happy to give you all my blue dusts!
    Last edited by onelittlewish; March 8th, 2023 at 09:50 AM.
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

  14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
  15. #540
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    107,938
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Jazmin,

    Yes we have had a heck of a time sometimes getting people in to the NHS doctors and them telling people to keep trying, when in literally every other country they would have been treated long before. Is there any way you could go private?

    I absolutely think you need an HSG. It's medically indicated and can pick up conditions that are actually health related. There is no reason why you should have to wait any longer for one.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TTC a BOY Sway Attempt - Baby #2 - due March 2022 :)
    By bluegreyeyes in forum Add Your Boy Sway!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 9th, 2022, 11:46 AM
  2. Due in 2022?? Chat here!
    By atomic sagebrush in forum Due Date Buddies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 30th, 2022, 12:18 PM
  3. TTC pink in summer 2022 after failed sway
    By lovemyboy01 in forum Trying to Conceive a Girl
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 30th, 2021, 02:24 PM
  4. Clinic C in Czech Republic - Real Name (not via a public thread!!!) and Info (via thread) Needed
    By SoFullofHope in forum High Tech Family Balancing non-Member Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: April 4th, 2018, 09:42 AM
  5. Clinic C in Czech Republic - Real Name (not via a public thread!!!) and Info (via thread) Needed
    By SoFullofHope in forum Gender Selection United Kingdom and Western Europe
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 7th, 2017, 02:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •