Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks girls! Totally freaking and over thinking that one snack on ov day, if only I’d stopped myself but I was STARVING and I don’t think I would have been able to sleep if I hadn’t eaten something, my stomach was eating itself alive while I was putting my sons down to bed and I was under my daily totals. Maybe part of it is your body asking for fuel when it needs it to conceive a baby. It’s not like I ate a chocolate cake lol, it was just a bit more of my dinner from earlier in the evening (pumpkin risotto) and pretty sure my stomach still felt empty when I was falling asleep, it’s not like I loaded up on a huge meal. I never usually had a snack / meal at 9pm so I’m maybe it was my body asking for what it needed to do it’s conception thing. I’m a crazy person really, I mean 3 hours is not going to make any difference! Maybe I’ll just tell myself I had a long dinner at a restaurant that night and ate from 6pm-9pm — that would still be considered one meal!

This seems to just be what I do, sway and then over-analyse / criticise what I did �� at least I was relaxed while I was swaying, it’s only afterwards that I get all Martha!

@onelittlewish I’m so sorry it’s so hard when you’re testing and uncertain, the not knowing is the worst. Please let us know how you go.
    Last edited by Cookies22; April 25th, 2022 at 10:09 AM.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations Cookies!!! Please stop worrying about that one meal, you've worked hard to sway and now you're pregnant, so you can relax now one meal probably won't change the outcome.

Onelittlewish sorry to hear that. Would you be doing anything differently next month?

Sent from my SM-A225F using Tapatalk

4. Likes Cookies22, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope it won't change the outcome! The word 'probably' scares me and my crazy lady brain hahahaha. But heck, I'm telling myself that 'I was at a dinner that evening that went from 6-9pm so it can count as one meal' It was a snack too, not even a whole meal! My stomach was still grizzly when I went to sleep because I was hungry from my LONG 18 hour fast earlier that day.

I'm also wondering if I actually ovulated earlier than I thought? Because this FRER (with diluted urine from drinking 3 litres of water today) looks way too dark for 9DPO in my opinion... thoughts? I compared it with my positive test results from my previous two pregnancies and this is WAAAAAY darker than they were at 10, 11 and 12 DPO?

IMG-9923.jpg

It's 12:30am here, I'm buzzing because I can't believe I'm pregnant again after the whirlwind of last month with covid and a loss. Going to be so tired tomorrow lol.

Just saw a thread where Atomic says she always had 3 meals and would have one just before bed because she has a high metabolism and can't sleep otherwise... Same here @Atomic! Always been a skinny gal who flies through food, 'hollow legs' my Mum always says! This was a one off though, it wasn't my normal pattern to eat before bed, which is probably why I lost so much weight on LE (and also why I'm freaking out about it) .
    Last edited by Cookies22; April 25th, 2022 at 10:45 AM.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by onelittlewish View Post
    Thank you 9jamama, I took another FRER today this morning and the lines are still super faint. It came up within 5 min but I can't tell if there is color to it since it is barely there but I don't have to squint to see the lines at all. I know it's only been 8 hours since my last test but I am still nervous that it won't progress. I used a cheapie (10 miu) and the lines came up after it dried up but a proper line. I'll probably test again tomorrow or wait till I miss my period but it's hard to not get my hopes up. How are you doing?
    I'm worried this may be one of those faker lines we keep getting. Something in the way they made tests changed a couple years back and we get these faint positives that don't progress. KFX.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cookies - Awesome news!!!

If anything we ate for one day could make any difference, I'd have you guys do diet for one day. It is normal to be extra hungry around O time and it is normal for people to eat a bit extra on O day (there's even studies that demonstrate this). You NEEDED to eat more that day because you hadn't eaten enough. 866 calories is not allowed on LE Diet, it's starvation and is not what anyone should be eating on this site, period, end of story.

Plus, both 2 and 3 meals have always been allowed on LE Diet and so you didn't even go against the rules of the diet. I ate 3 meals every day when I got my girl. We just push back that first meal and still eat 3 meals. It's all about doing what works for you and it's absolutely fine to eat 2 sometimes and 3 sometimes, lots of people do that.

And NO, not eating till 2pm is NOT GOOD sway wise (meaning, please, no one, aim to do that, it does not have the atomic seal of approval) because it does NOTHING WHATSOEVER, since nothing we do for one day does anything beneficial for a sway, and it CAN delay or even stop ovulation. Starving yourself around O is not allowed on LE Diet because it does not help anyone's sway and it can mess up the cycle. I know you weren't advocating for that, Cookies, and just reporting what happened, but I regularly have people read things like this and say "huh what a great idea, i'll do that too" and they may not have the same resilience you had with sudden low cal intake just prior to O.

What you're doing with speculating about "eggs preferring certain sperm" is simply not at all proven. We don't know why swaying works (just as possible it has to do with the overall environment favoring one sperm over another) and I find that the more you guys focus on the speculation, the less you just do what actually WORKS. Boy-girl twins, are a thing. People get both XX and XY in IVF rounds. So it just can't be that the egg is picking a certain sperm ALONE, it has to be more complicated than that. Please just do what has worked for most people most of the time and dispense with telling yourself how it all works, because no one even knows, and people get locked in mentally to courses of action for no reason making assumptions about "eggs choosing sperm" when it may not even work that way. There ARE no pink eggs, or should I say they are ALL pink eggs. There are X and Y sperm but all eggs are X and that cannot change.

Based on our results, we have a clear demarkation between people who swayed only 2-4 weeks (who were virtually all insanely strict, even starving themselves) getting POOR results vs. people on diet 12+ weeks getting good results (the majority of whom had relaxed on diet during that time and were never ever as strict as the 2-4 week dieters). This has been an observable effect since the earliest days of the site. Given this, there is absolutely no way that a single extra meal undermined anyone's sway.

Lower sex drive is quite common on diet, but is also common the month after a loss. We do take that as an encouraging sign though of course not a guarantee!

9. Thanks Cookies22 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cookies - we can't tell anything from darkness of pregnancy tests. It has too much to do wiht the amount of hormone in your system when you conceived. This is not set in stone, so you can have less HCG sometimes, more other times. People have anywhere from 0-5 HCG when they are not pregnant, and when you are pregnant it doubles, like this:

Person A starts off with 0 HCG and their levels rise like this: 0, 1, 2, 4, 8. Person B (or, Person A in a different pregnancy) starts off at 5 HCG and their levels rise like this: 5, 10, 20, 40, 80. This would be on the SAME day of the cycle, but one person would have 10 times as much measurable hormone, but the baby they're both carrying would be at the same point of development. Thus, you can't use the darkness of apregnancy test to tell you how far along you are or when you ovulated in any but the most generic of senses.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; April 25th, 2022 at 11:05 AM.

11. Likes Cookies22 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @9jamama, I think I need to add attempts (so 2 attempts in my fertile window) next month. I conceived both boys with that so I really wanted to stick with one attempt in fertile window. We tried that 7 out of the 8 months and 2 attempts on my last month on clomid all failed. So I guess I need to let that go. We will probably do sperm analysis to rule that out but we need to discuss with my doc further. Then I think I should stop testing before missed period but I doubt that will happen. I think I was really relaxed this cycle because I was not charting BBT but on the flip side if I have been charting I'd know for sure whether those faint lines are valid. Either way, keep me updated how you are doing!

@atomic, I really thought I was preg you know because I never got a line on FRER although I had read about alot of heartbreaking stories about the evaps and indents. And prior to my 1st line at 11dpo, I only ever got stark blank ones even after they were completely dried out. Also I tend to get clearer lines from evening urine even without long hold (I tested 11dpo evening, 12 SMU and 13 FMU & evening). The morning ones are alot fainter but yea...none of them are really "pink". Will know tomorrow for sure.

@cookies, i got you! I couldn't sleep until 2am on the night when I was surprised with 2 lines. Thought the lines would disappear in the morning. But yours looks decent! With my DS2, I got my first faint line on 8dpo based on BBT (max 10dpo from our 1st BD because we only had 2 BDs that month) and when I got my blood drawn on the next morning, my HCG level was 34 already and I couldn't have implanted 6 days ago? Perhaps the hcg doubled in a shorter amount of time or the starting level was higher? Either way, you have a beautiful positive there and stop worrying and enjoy being pregnant and eat whenever and whatever you want
    Last edited by onelittlewish; April 25th, 2022 at 11:35 AM.
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

13. Likes atomic sagebrush, Cookies22 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    KFX!!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just have to say I love this thread. Everyone is so supportive and lovely.

@Atomic I've been down a little rabbit hole this evening! I was thinking about this article that I read recently about how women's eggs choose sperm https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/09/h...ess/index.html

and this quote: "Finally, the egg can affect which sperm wins the race with the chemicals it releases in the follicular fluid that surrounds the egg. That's the part which contains the chemical breadcrumbs eggs use to attract and guide sperm to their goal."

"And it's only in the last two centimeters between a sperm and the egg that these chemical signals matter since it's the final phase of this long journey where females continue weeding out less acceptable sperm," Fitzgerald said.

Then, when researching follicular fluid, I learned that it is created in the 'antral stage' of follicular development, which is described as "Antral period: A class 4 (1 to 2 mm) follicle, if selected, requires about 50 days to grow and develop to the preovulatory stage. The dominant follicle of the cycle appears to be selected from a cohort of class five follicles, and it requires about 20 days to develop to the ovulatory stage." https://www.glowm.com/section-view/h...8#.Yme-tPNBxJU

So it makes sense that swaying needs to occur for a minimum of 12 weeks in order to (potentially) affect the makeup of the egg or change the overall condition of the body. If the follicular fluid has an impact on which sperm is selected (which it appears to from the above study), and follicular fluid is formed in the antral stage of development, which is 50 days prior to release, then it all makes sense! If LE / fasting / lower nutrient affects the makeup of the follicular fluid, then it would theoretically take 50-70 days to show that effect.

Science! I love it! This all makes a lot of sense in my head now. Hence why, as you say, one day doesn't make a difference... your body has most likely decided many, many weeks ago what sperm that egg will prefer, when the follicular fluid was developed in the antral stage. Good eggs take time eh!

All of this could be incorrect but from your swaying experience it all sort of lines up more or less.

16. Likes onelittlewish liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Spotting started today and I took another FRER and the line is actually pretty much gone too. So onto the next cycle! And I think I'd get back to charting...if I had charted this cycle I'd have known for sure whether I was out or not days ago. I really hate this guessing game! Good luck ladies!

@cookies, do you plan to find out the gender? Keep us updated!
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

18. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast