Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for your loss Afya, hope you get your bfp soon.

Sent from my SM-A225F using Tapatalk

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic, I just remembered my doctor said my cholesterol is very low (when pregnant with my youngest child my doctor suggested I go and eat some fat off a chicken to get some more cholesterol). It’s always been very low, my Dad’s is the same.

Do you have any suggestions for what I can eat or do to increase my cholesterol levels?

Thank you xxxx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, most cholesterol in the body doesn't come from eating, but yes absolutely please eat as much animal fat - full fat dairy, eggs, meat - and do not take fiber supplements if you can get away with it. You ~may~ want to cut back on vegetable oils, using butter for cooking instead.

(I don't think eating chicken skin, which is not really something most people have access to in any appreciable amount, is a very effective way of getting fat and cholesterol in your diet and find that advice a bit odd.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cookies, the information that confirms that what happens on O Day doesn't affect what gender you get is right there in what I have already told you. Boy girl twins. IVF rounds. The fact that we see much worse results in people doing diet 2-4 weeks even though most of them were extremely strict, and much better results in people doing diet 12 weeks or more even though most of them have relaxed over time. The fact that gobs upon gobs of people have asked me this question already, and the fact that gobs upon gobs of people have cut way back on food intake around O (or ate a lot, when swaying blue) and the fact that I have observed all of this for the better part of 14 years now. It just doesn't matter and you needed that food.

I am at a loss to understand why a study done in 16 people, in an entirely different thing that had nothing to do with gender, that didn't even involve eggs themselves, is worth more in your mind than the very thorough explanations I have given you. No one on earth can give you the certainty you crave, but if there WAS one person on earth who could answer your question with the biggest body of knowledge about this rather obscure subject, it would be me. I understand this is just anxiety and all the rest of it, but please trust me when I say you've already gotten confirmation that what happens on O day doesn't affect gender. It may not have been on CNN, but it's still the best information that exists here and now.

As you already know, in my opinion, your BMI and your diet overall - at least that day - was not good. What you were eating - 800 calories?? 15 grams protein? With a BMI of 17???? That is the kind of thing that makes me wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night. It is simply not allowed, it is not LE Diet, it is starvation, and not only that, it doesn't help people get girls anyway (since nearly everyone would lose ovulation and have to basically sway blue to get it going again). You were insanely lucky to not have that happen. Count your blessings instead of dwelling on this thing that made absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Our good results have been in people eating much more than that, with higher BMI, not starving themselves at ovulation, etc etc etc. There is no way that's what is required to conceive a girl, because if it was, we'd not be getting the results that we have been. I would certainly not have had a girl as I ate at least twice that much and always ate 3 meals. The past two years we've been more relaxed on diet than ever and our results are better than ever, so please just put this fear to bed for once and for all.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookies22 View Post
    Ok, so further to my rambling below (please excuse me!), I am feeling much more calm about my snack at 9pm that night. I did the (approximate) math on it, and based on 12 charts where I tracked temps to confirm ovulation, I cramp 24 hours before I ovulate, which means I would have been in a complete fasting state during the first 12 hours of my ovulation the month I conceived (2am-2pm), which is fab as most eggs are fertilised in that first 12 hours. Data shows most women cramp when they get their surge too, which is 24-36 hours before ovulation (lines up with my experience). So if your blood glucose levels at time of ovulation have any effect, mine were nice and low anyway. Based on the available research and my own charts that back it up, I'm happy with that and its put my mind at ease hugely.

Also, got my blood results today! According to my calculations I'm 3 weeks 3 days and HCG is 154. Does that seem high to anyone else? I can't remember what my HCG results were with my two older children.
    You can't tell when you ovulate based on O cramps or charts. I have already explained this elsewhere and I know you won't listen, but you are just destroying yourself with this type of rabbithole, hamster wheel thinking and for no reason.

If this gives you peace of mind, whatever, but it just isn't true that anyone is able to tell anything to this level of specificity. I don't say this to rain on your parade or to undermine your sense of well being, but I can't support things that are provably untrue in addition to being completely unneccessary for all the reasons I've already gone into re: that starving yourself at ovulation is in any way required to get a girl.

I'll answer your HCG levels in the next post.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookies22 View Post
    Does anyone have experience with HCG levels? Mine came in at 154 at 11DPO yesterday which seems really high… I don’t get to see my doctor til 4pm tomorrow so won’t be able to get another blood draw til next week I’m guessing.
    I looked it up on Betabase and the highest reported HCG level for a singleton pregnancy at 11 DPO was 364. Yours may be higher than average, but it's by no means an outlier in terms of the range we see at that stage of gestation.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; May 2nd, 2022 at 11:11 AM.

8. Thanks Cookies22 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by afya1 View Post
    Hey ladies, I hope you don’t mind me chiming in. I’m currently on CD 7 AF just finished and I’m slowly going to move on to my attempts. I had a missed Miscarriage last year in April. DH and I were Ttc in winter but then stopped again, we just weren’t sure whether we were ready. Now we’re back on the Ttc journey. Ideally I just want to up my chances conceiving. I’ve kept up a fairly healthy diet with lots of nutrition protein, dairy, meat, fruit etc.

[mention]atomic sagebrush [/mention] any last min advice for Ttc?? I’ve already started the Mucinex and will use the least amount of Preseed. I’ve noticed recently I’ve started to Ovulate earlier. I’m going to start my opks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Afya, please always start your own thread with urgent questions as these support threads can be sometimes hard for me to keep up with. Tagging doesn't work as everyone would just tag me, LOL. I would just try to be in with 3+ attempts in the fertile window and stay laying down at least 30 minutes, spending part of that time on your stomach.

Good luck and blue dust headed your way!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When we ttc blue we used used preseed the month that we conceived I actually used the applicator the way they said to use it. I feel that really helped before i was just using a little for comfort. Also making sure to eat meals and snack often. I also took CoQ10 for a few months before, prenatal extra folic, fish oil, probiotic. I would also do weights and walk quite a bit.

I really think it has to do with keeping up your blood sugar and not going hungry but that is just my opinion! Wishing you all the best!
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes afya1 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello ladies, how are you all doing?

Cookies has morning sickness kicked in yet? Onelittlewish any attempts this month? Jazmin have you resumed Swaying? Goodluck to everyone trying. I can't wait to start attempting again, but I really feel good
    taking this break.

Best of luck ladies

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 9jamama01 View Post
    Hello ladies, how are you all doing?

Cookies has morning sickness kicked in yet? Onelittlewish any attempts this month? Jazmin have you resumed Swaying? Goodluck to everyone trying. I can't wait to start attempting again, but I really feel good
    taking this break.

Best of luck ladies

Hi 9jamama, thanks for checking in! Im at CD13 and had our regular attempts now still waiting for my pos OPK here...hopefully soon! How long will your break be?
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast