Page 5 of 209 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    praying for a healthy pregnancy for you all...and that you all get those little princesses you are dreaming of! the fear is hard to let go of..this is out of our hands <3
    #1 (2009) #2 (2011) ...... EDC December 2013
    for but with be happy with another little too
    It's going to be a long 9 months waiting! Not going to find out gender!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "life begins where fear ends" -- I like that Ladybug. I feel like that pertains to me a lot because I was so fearful for so long of letting go control of what the gender of my baby would be. I couldn't imagine getting pregnant on my own because I had to do ht over and over again to make sure it was a girl. Then I couldn't imagine getting pregnant without at least swaying and "trying" to make sure it was a girl. I was so fearful that if I didn't try -- it would never be a girl.
    But in the back of my head, I felt like if I did try it would end up a boy, and if I could just let go and stop trying then I would finally be gifted with a dd. It took me over 2 years to do that -- but I find it strange that after 2 1/2 years of trying so hard for a dd and to get pg, the 1 month I did nothing at all and did not even try to get pg was the month it happened. I just feel like if there is a higher power out there -- then it just has to be a girl.
    I just want one of those happy endings you know. The kind you read about from everyone else but think will never happen to you in your wildest dreams. For once I just want to be that lucky one.
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LMAO @ dibs on my man! haha You all CAN HAVE him... he's driving me crazy! hahaha Noooo, I know I'm lucky... a lot of husbands don't want too many children but I have the opposite problem. He wants a huge family and he REALLY wants a daddy's girl. While it's nice to share that desire with him, it also adds a layer of pressure because we will BOTH have gender disappointment if this is a boy.... I have often said that he married the wrong woman because I can't seem to keep a pregnancy to save my life. I'm not exactly "fertile gertle" LOL
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Baby is here! Born December 4th, 2013 So blessed to have 3 healthy, handsome boys!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by prayforprincess View Post
    "life begins where fear ends" -- I like that Ladybug. I feel like that pertains to me a lot because I was so fearful for so long of letting go control of what the gender of my baby would be. I couldn't imagine getting pregnant on my own because I had to do ht over and over again to make sure it was a girl. Then I couldn't imagine getting pregnant without at least swaying and "trying" to make sure it was a girl. I was so fearful that if I didn't try -- it would never be a girl.
    But in the back of my head, I felt like if I did try it would end up a boy, and if I could just let go and stop trying then I would finally be gifted with a dd. It took me over 2 years to do that -- but I find it strange that after 2 1/2 years of trying so hard for a dd and to get pg, the 1 month I did nothing at all and did not even try to get pg was the month it happened. I just feel like if there is a higher power out there -- then it just has to be a girl.
    I just want one of those happy endings you know. The kind you read about from everyone else but think will never happen to you in your wildest dreams. For once I just want to be that lucky one.
    First of all, glad you joined the due date group! I was wondering when you were gonna come in

I know exactly what you're talking about re the fear of disappointment and letting go! I think you have a very realistic view of this pregnancy though, and the fact that you FINALLY got pg when you let go of the need to control the situation tells me that *someone* up there has been listening to you! Know what I mean? I'm not a very religious person, but I have to say that God will not give you more than you can handle. If by chance you are having a boy, then there is absolutely a reason for it... a lesson to be learned and wisdom for you to impart on others. Now, will you be thrilled? No. But you will love the baby regardless.

I say all of that, but deep down I have the exact same fear as you do. I can't imagine God would be so cruel to take away the DD I had, only to make me TTC for almost a year and then give me a boy! NO WAY... it's got to be a girl. LOL

We have paid our dues... it's time for us to experience the miracle!
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Baby is here! Born December 4th, 2013 So blessed to have 3 healthy, handsome boys!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could this thread be stickied please??
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gut instinct gender guess anyone?? This could be fun!

I'll go first... I'm going to guess GIRL for me! (wishful thinking, I know LOL)

Anyone else want to guess?
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking BOY here. My friend just found out she's having her third boy...they are done. Why me and not her? I have 4 sets of aunts/uncles that all have 3 boys only. I think that's just what's meant to be in our family. And I've never been the type to win the lotto, or drawings, or heck - even bingo..so I'm really thinking this is no exception But a girl can DREAM! It will be a fun nine months day-dreaming about it.
    #1 (2009) #2 (2011) ...... EDC December 2013
    for but with be happy with another little too
    It's going to be a long 9 months waiting! Not going to find out gender!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear you amk -- I have never been the lucky one either.

I don't know, something tells me girl for this one but I'm not sure if that's because I really want it and don't know how it could be any other.
    Yet something tells me boy too because I feel I could never be that lucky to have my dream gender finally and I have never been one for happy endings. Or like if it is a girl -- then she will give me total hell when she is a teen and put me through the ringer! Like, you get what you want now but its not all peaches and cream -- she'll be the worst baby or something and not sleep til she's 2.
    I don't know any other than being pregnant with a boy so for sure that's where my mind goes cause I know no other. kwim?
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow all of you are so good at putting my feelings into words that I haven't given myself chance to process yet. Lol! It's amazing to find like-minded ladies who totally get it and like you I just don't know which way to call it. I have never been in such a poor condition with such a low body weight before, plus I took Clomid so my heart says girl. However, my head just assumes it'll be another little boy and won't let me get carried away with believing it's a girl. I think that I'm living in the moment and don't want to take anything for granted so am only looking ahead no more than 2-3weeks at a time just in case. I guess 18 months of living in fortnightly increments has made me very adept at not looking too far ahead to stop me upsetting myself! I sound like a right nut job, hey?! Dh actually mentioned names this evening Perhaps I'll believe it all a bit more once I see the midwife on Thurs. Focussing so much on ds1 and his fractured ankle that I sometimes forget about being pg. Mind the progesterone's certainly kicking in early and giving me a very stiff & sore pelvis and hips from doing a bit too much. The fore-runner of spd that I had with both ds.

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by prayforprincess View Post
    I hear you amk -- I have never been the lucky one either.

I don't know, something tells me girl for this one but I'm not sure if that's because I really want it and don't know how it could be any other.
    Yet something tells me boy too because I feel I could never be that lucky to have my dream gender finally and I have never been one for happy endings. Or like if it is a girl -- then she will give me total hell when she is a teen and put me through the ringer! Like, you get what you want now but its not all peaches and cream -- she'll be the worst baby or something and not sleep til she's 2.
    I don't know any other than being pregnant with a boy so for sure that's where my mind goes cause I know no other. kwim?
    Absolutely! My cousin always says to be careful what you wish for

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Page 5 of 209 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast