Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Deleted
    Last edited by Waiting4Daisy; August 1st, 2021 at 09:58 AM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mabel - What a sweet thing for DS1's teacher to say. I hope it encouraged you! My DS1 started kindergarten this year, and they have a colored behavior chart...he has been the only kid on the highest color, and is never below expectations. While he is a challenge at home, it appears that he is doing wonderfully in school. Makes me so happy, looking forward to parent-teacher conferences to hear more specifics. It feels great when someone who spends so much time with your child thinks they're wonderful! So good job, mama! Ugh on the ICP. Hope it doesn't recur this time! And the SPD, either. I think I've had it before, but can't be sure exactly. Maybe if I had it I'd know for sure! I just know I have had some serious pelvic pain during my pregnancies...is spd where it feels like the bones around your VJ are pulling apart? Because I did have that. NOT FUN. Hope things improve!

Emmy - I can completely relate to your feelings. I only got pregnant because I wanted a girl. I (stupidly) didn't really consider that it would be another boy, and told DH that if I had known we'd have another boy, I would NOT have gotten pg at all. And yes, my DS's are challenging, and I am sure that this one will be, too. But I know that in the end, he was meant to be, and that he will bring us joy and happiness and that I will be so, so glad God brought him to us. It's just hard to imagine right now. And I understand hating yourself for feeling that way...I have, too. Like you said, our little babies did not ask to be conceived, so it certainly isn't their fault...such a weird, confusing time. I think the more we start to feel movement, the more we will connect with our little men, and begin to get excited to meet them. Hugs to you!

Dream - I am so happy you are mostly past where the rest of us are. It's comforting to know we'll get there! Good luck with all the packing and your upcoming move. I did it last summer, not pg, and I cannot imagine doing it now. You are brave!

Mathilde - Welcome, but so sorry you have to join us. I was really hoping for you that your nub was wrong! I have been where you are, and the feelings can seem hopeless. But I really think you will come out of it! My DS3 is absolutely gorgeous, and I cannot imagine not having him! Time will heal your heart. Just give yourself time.

Ilovebagels - Bummer on your brother's baby. I agree with the others, though, I think your son will be the special one being the only boy! Everyone will be so happy you are bringing a little blue into the family. I know it's not what you wanted, and I'm sorry for that. But please know that little boys absolutely adore their mommies!!

Waiting4Daisy - Is your feeling that this is DS4 just a gut feeling, or do you have any other reason to believe that? I thought your nub was 50/50? I am in your shoes with trying for another. I initially thought we would go HT or adopt, but so far none of those options feel right. That could change, but right now, we're thinking if we have another it will be natural. I honestly can't believe I'm willing to risk it! And I may change my mind, but for now, that's where we are. I think my biggest problem was trying to control everything. And I believe that God gave me the desire for a daughter, and that HE will be the one to make it happen, not me. Talk about having to have faith!! DH really is against me swaying again, except for diet (since it actually seemed to help my fertility because of my PCOS), so I would really be leaving it up to God. Scary, but I trust Him! And if it's boy #5, then I guess we'll have a 6th. LOL!! DH actually said he was willing to keep going till we get a girl, but I am already 36. Having kids into my 40's isn't ideal, and truly, truly don't want LOADS of kids. We may decide that 4 is plenty! But we don't have to decide anything just yet, thank goodness. Would love to have an oops! That would be amazing.
    Mommy to 4 precious little boys, would love a , but more also welcome!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016
    It's a ! My little miracle from God!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Myrainbowgirl, did you buy a plan from Atomic? I wish I had now as, like you, I know that it was the control-freak in me that was my undoing. I swayed IG style doing a strict diet & timing for a year before finding GD. It still took me 9 months here as I was too strict on the diet, lost too much weight & had to gain to get pg. Thanks for the kind words, I do mostly feel at peace with my 3rd little boy although I still have my moments of woe is me. Perhaps it's because moving to a bigger house brings with it the gift of more children. DH always said if we had a big house I could fill it! We never believed we'd get lucky & be able to move like this for quite sometime though. I waited a very long time to get pg, went through all shades of GD and have realised that no matter what ds3 is our destiny & I can't wait to meet him. Both of my boys are so sweet playing with my old dolls "getting ready for the baby" - much to the consternation of DH!

Mabel, it's so wonderful to hear such a positive thought from someone re. all boy families! I wish it was more acceptable rather than making you feel like you've drawn the short straw in family make-ups.

Myrainbowgirl, you must be soooo proud of ds1! He sounds like a delightful little boy You are going to have one awesome quartet of boys!!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Myrainbowgirl, I really liked your post, in fact I was experiencing a severe GD during my last pregnancy (I gave birth 2 months ago to my DS2), now I cannot imaging my life without him but I feel so much ashamed not willing that pregnancy. I also got pregnant only in the hope to get a girl, if my first one would have been a girl, I would not go for a second one. Now we're thinking of HT, but I am hesitant, I have PCOS thus at higher risk for OHSS, but if HT does not work for me, I really do not dare swaying as I would not be able to cope with the third son… I'm ashamed to admit but all these negative reactions from other people to 'only boys' families… My desire for a daughter is so big so I do not know what is the right thing to do...
    Did HT in summer and got BFP - OHW

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're so sweet. Thanks for all the nice words. I'm just letting the universe do it's thing! And I seriously think a house full of boys is so adorable. I just realized our due dates are 4 days apart ! I really don't know how you can be team green - I'll be excited to find out right along with you!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Deleted
    Last edited by Waiting4Daisy; August 1st, 2021 at 09:49 AM.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's so nice to read these posts and know I'm not alone. I am trying to so hard to get excited about the last few weeks of pregnancy--I am definitely getting excited to meet DS #3, but I know deep down I would just be so much more excited if I was meeting my daughter. I force myself to not think about it during the day, but allow myself to day dream about it before I go to bed at night, that way if I cry, no one will see me. The idea of going HT is the only thing that is keeping me going.

Had a few more nice comments in the past week. 2 colleugues said "way to go, because 3 boys is easier to raise than 1 girl!" Then a few of my former students, who are now seniors in HS and had been my students with my first 2 pregnancies said "ANOTHER ONE? You need a girl, you better try for a 4th!" Makes me feel good when people think we should have another one because that means I must be doing something right!
    Me, 35
    DH, 37

We have three beautiful ages 9, 5, and 2.
    Unsuccessfully swayed for so will go HT in 2014 for her !

Cycle #1: 13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized, 2 biopsied but both abnormal XY.
    Cycle #2: 17 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, 14 fertilized, 3 biopsied. 2 abnormal XY, 1 normal XY.

Cycle #3: 18 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 14 fertilized, 8 biopsied. 1 normal XX!!!! (2 normal XY)
    FET August 11, 2015---beautiful transfer.
    EDD: April 2016

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, baby has a name Edward James knitting a rug for him in yellow and have got all my baby kit out to "play" with, it helps DH said he was sorry for being so strict about no more, he wants me to be happy and will see how things go! It will only be ht in the future though!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mathilde I love the name and I love that DH has said maybe to HT.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Isn't it strange how people's comments can completely affect our attitudes? Whenever I say I'm having a boy and people are excited and say things like "oh that's so cool!" I immediately get more excited.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast