Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We sound similar Emmyroo! I was looking up similar things after a few well meaning 'friends' told nd their third labours were definitely their worst (don't you just love friends like that).
    I had such an easy birth with DS1 (to the point that on arriving at hospital I was told I was clearly not in labour as a labouring woman wouldn't be smiling through contractions and to go home. They refused to examine me and sent DH home to get the car to take me home. He returned to find me up on the bed giving birth to everyone's surprise. I felt very smug and like I was 'good' at giving birth.
    Expected DS2 to be a breeze and planned a home water birth. Then 3 weeks before due date was diagnosed with obstetric cholestasis and they induced me at 38wks. Due to the condition they wanted me flat on my back on the bed for continual monitoring which kept stopping the contractions. I ended up having all sorts of drugs, being shouted at by a consultant for not wanting an epidural and being told they needed the bed in the morning so why wouldn't I let them give me more drugs to speed up the labour. In the end I had the epidural and baby got distressed- I cried the whole labour as felt I had 'failed'. It was awful.
    I've been told I have a 90% chance of getting the condition and needing to be induced again so pretty scary.
    - Feb 2008. - Nov 2009. - MMC Dec 2012. - January 2014, our gorgeous little fella has completed our family. We all love him to bits

I swayed and prayed SO hard for my little girl but God obviously had other plans for our family, so it's time to move on and try and forget my dream of having a daughter and enjoy my 3 wonderful sons.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies! Hope you're all having a great weekend. We had a very fun day hiking in the mountains with friends, out to lunch, peaceful afternoon at home, kids in bed early, and now watching my college football (American football) team...woohoo!

Labor & delivery - Don't worry about 3rd births, ladies! Mine was just fine...uncomplicated, didn't need Pitocin...did happily get an epidural, however. Anyway, my guess is that yours will be quicker than your last, and hopefully that will keep drugs to the minimum! I am praying I have a good experience this time, too. I know each time it's different, but praying mine is similar!

AFM - Doing ok, no issues with baby...feeling a little more movement, but still not much. Grrr. Hoping it means he's laid back! God knows I need another like DS2!

In other news, my 94-year-old grandpa had a stroke this week, and it does not look like he's going to make it. He was married 60+ years before my grandma passed away 3 years ago...they have 5 kids and loads of grandkids and great-grandkids. Such a legacy my sweet grandpa is leaving. I got to talk to him on the phone today (he is 1700 miles away across the country), although he couldn't respond much...he did say a couple things, and I was so happy to be able to say goodbye and tell him how much I love him. Done some crying today, but I know I will see him again in heaven one day.
    Mommy to 4 precious little boys, would love a , but more also welcome!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016
    It's a ! My little miracle from God!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh rainbow I'm so sorry about your grandpa. My grandma died on saturday so I know how you feel. She was 90 and had been declining all year since breaking her hip in February, so it wasn't entirely unexpected but still feels like a shock when it happens.

I might be awol over the next week as I'll be away to my parents' for a week for the funeral and a holiday we planned then anyway.

It feels like everything is happening at once at the moment, my sister was rushed to hospital in an ambulance (again, 2nd time in 10 days!) with mastitis and is on IV antibiotics now. What a stressful time! I'm feeling lucky to only be exhausted and hoping that's all I have to contend with!

Sorry to rush, hope everyone is doing well.

x
    Mummy to 2007 and 2009.
    MMC Jan 2013 at 11+1.
    Expecting 3rd Feb 2014.
    Please stay healthy and come to complete our family!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Emmyroo - So sorry to hear about your grandma. So sad...will be praying for your family! My grandpa is still hanging on, although he is in hospice care and not expected to recover. At this point it's a waiting game, which is hard. I live across the country, so am just waiting till he passes away to make plans to fly there for the funeral, etc. I did get a chance to say goodbye to him, and I am so grateful for that. I totally feel your pain! Hugs!!
    Mommy to 4 precious little boys, would love a , but more also welcome!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016
    It's a ! My little miracle from God!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear about your grandpas and grandmas

I'm hoping this labour will be as nice as my previous 2 but too quick because I need to sort the boys out.

Got got 20 week scan on Monday, I hope everything is ok with the little man. My sister has just found out she is expecting again (her son is only just turned 6 months) I'm thrilled for her because it was hard work for her to conceive her son with 4 years of trying and failed IVF she ended up conceiving naturally. She's only 5 weeks but has already brought some cheap gender prediction test online which has come out as girl. I don't mind if she has a girl but right now I just want my scan confirmed boy so I can move on properly. I'm not quite ready to start thinking she is having a daughter, she know I wanted a girl so badly. I feel selfish but just bit ready to discuss genders yet x
    Please have a go at guessing my nub http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ing-guess.html

My sensitive autistic aged 7 and my cheeky chappy aged 5

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How did the scan go retro? It is hard knowing your sister may have a girl but then again those tests aren't 100% by any means so you never know. Conceiving within 6 months of giving birth does sway pink though...maybe you can start preparing yourself now.

How is everyone else doing?

I'm back from my parents, was a nice week despite the funeral, saw a lot of family including my sister who lives in the states, that was lovely as she's not able to come for Christmas this year. I'm getting better with the gender thing I think, a friend had a girl after a boy last week and I didn't even cry! I think my sister having a boy, meaning I'm not the only one in the family with boys, has helped a lot. I think I felt like I was "left out" of the girl-mum club (my sis and mum) and like I was a freak for not following the family trend of having all girls. Hopefully as my nephew gets older and my sister gets to see what boys are like, I'll feel less like the floundering one who needs advice from everyone all the time, and more like the knowledgeable one!

X
    Mummy to 2007 and 2009.
    MMC Jan 2013 at 11+1.
    Expecting 3rd Feb 2014.
    Please stay healthy and come to complete our family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamofpink View Post
    Mathilde, I love your LO's name! It's so suave & sophisticated! Gecon, can you share your chosen name with us? It is absolutely wonderful to feel them move around isn't it?! although I didn't appreciate the boot to my side when I was bent over changing the sheets on ds2's toddler bed today!
    I think we're fairly settled on the name Isaac and I love the middle name Amias, which means 'loved'. I think I'll have to push that name post-birth when if my fantasy comes true I'll be celebrating giving birth naturally for the first time, DH'll think I'm wonderful & let me go with that middle name! Bahaha!!

Love the name Amias, also written Amyas sometimes. I will keep that in my head! Great choice!

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829