Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oooops press send before I'd finished...

Cont:
    To say his elbow. I'm sure that will change and we will deal with it accordingly.

On another note, I've woken up so uncomfortable and pressured in my chest etc... Think the baby is having a play at being breach today, not fun!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We're definitely very similar to the way the rest of you have all mentioned - any questions DS has he'll ask us and we never make it a big deal - always just age appropriate answers. The only thing different I have done was stop changing in front on him when he was 3ish because he would always come in to watch and quite honestly I just felt awkward sometimes. Half the time he's playing in another room when I change, and I shower in the evenings so there isn't really even the opportunity to 'see me'. Him and his brother are always showering or bathing together with my DH and it's nothing to them. We were actually informed yesterday once my husband went to the school to talk to them - they were dealing with the situation really weird and I just was over it so he went instead - that the teacher told him a girl started the whole thing by talking to him about privates and then lifting her shirt. Luckily we've never had an issue with him going around flashing his junk (we've also had the privates are private talk) but obviously this little girl sparked an interest this week!

Hope everyone is feeling well. I swear I'm way bigger than I was at 31 weeks the last two times but DH doesn't think so. I didn't really take pictures either so I can't compare. I sure feel like I'm completely full term though and there's still 9 weeks to go!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really think at that age it's so common for them to be interested, it's not even a big deal that they might ask eachother or flash eachother, sounds like the other parents are making a mountain out of a molehill here, this is really normal and just needs to be a chance for teachers and both parents to have a chat about what's ok in public and what's not. Nothing more. You are doing all the right things. Maybe shower with him once or twice a week to make it less interesting or special for him? Like dh does?

I am also WAY bigger this time, my pics don't look that much bigger because I started at about 5-6kg lower than previous pregnancies but I have gained more by 22 weeks than I did last time(s) and feel huge! People are making rude comments too which is frustrating when I am already self conscious!
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.
    Due early Feb 2014, it's a GIRL!

TTC 18months. 4 chemicals. BFP 3rd month on Clomid.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by meeks32 View Post
    I really think at that age it's so common for them to be interested, it's not even a big deal that they might ask eachother or flash eachother, sounds like the other parents are making a mountain out of a molehill here, this is really normal and just needs to be a chance for teachers and both parents to have a chat about what's ok in public and what's not. Nothing more. You are doing all the right things. Maybe shower with him once or twice a week to make it less interesting or special for him? Like dh does?

I am also WAY bigger this time, my pics don't look that much bigger because I started at about 5-6kg lower than previous pregnancies but I have gained more by 22 weeks than I did last time(s) and feel huge! People are making rude comments too which is frustrating when I am already self conscious!
    That's horrible - I don't understand why anyone makes any comment about being bigger or whatever! I feel like this will be my heaviest pregnancy too. I feel like after the LE my body is no holding onto way more fat worrying it's going to get starved again lol! Hoping it all falls off right after baby, but that's probably wishful thinking! Maybe for you (and potentially me....) the OWT about gaining more weight with girls is true!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also feel soooooo much bigger with this baby! I have already gained 30lbs and I am only 26 weeks! Eck! I am also conveniently blaming the weight gain on the LE diet! :-) I am not eating anymore than I did with the boys but maybe my body is just keeping it all on just in case? Well that's what my story is and I'm sticking to it! At the end of the day my thought is there is plenty of time to loose the weight after this baby. Plus food tastes so much better when your pregnant don't you think?
    (2009)
    (2011)
    Due January 2014 and swayed for a
    It's A GIRL!

I can do all things in Christ, who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Link to my girl sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies, just wondering if any of your pregnancies have been dramatically different in terms of movement?

I am 27w5d and my baby is so mild! My 2 boys were FULL ON! This morning I had my glucose test and the baby moved once during the hour after the drink (I was sitting waiting to have my blood test). I remember my boys going nuts after that drink!

I'm worried but baby moves often enough not to go driving like a crazy lady straight to emergency! ;-)
    DS1 -
    DS2 -
    DS3 -

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Am3a if movements are decreased for you then see your midwife. If this is normal for your baby then you probably don't need to worry.

This baby definitely has quiet days... And then has more active days. Actually I had a bit of a hiccup scare too... Excessive hiccuping it seems can be the result of cord compression. Regular hiccuping is good though and is a good indication they are practice breathing. Ultimately if you are worried then talk to someone. Best not to take any chances. Incidentally the hiccups day baby was a bit quiet, next day sooooo active!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've definitely gained more so far (15 lbs at 20 weeks), but I still weigh less than I did with my first 3 boys at this stage of pregnancy. BUT, I was about 9-10 lbs. less than my normal pre-pg weight with this one...so I don't really look different. I am very lucky to lose the weight pretty quickly after pregnancy, I think mainly due to BF, but also I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis that tends to flare up after giving birth. We'll see how it goes this time! I have no intention of losing down to what I was before this pregnancy, so basically, if I gain 35, I will only lose 25. I was unhealthy! Anyway, you ladies are all right...you have time to lose the weight!! And we all will!

As far as movement goes...I am feeling much less this pregnancy, too. I have been somewhat worried, but trying not to dwell on it too much. I'm almost 21 weeks, and was feeling a TON with the first ones at this point. Less so with DS2 because of anterior placenta, but I'm pretty sure he was more active than this one. Of course, I have anterior placenta this time, too...so I think that's the main reason I'm not feeling as much. BUT, I have permanently reduced my sugar intake (as a result of the LE diet), and I honestly think that could be another reason for it. I still eat one sweet thing a day...usually at night when the kids are in bed. That is definitely when he is most active...about 15 minutes after I eat my dessert! I am also just hoping that he is a laid-back little boy. That would be SO great! But, if I don't start feeling more in the next month or so, I may talk to my doc about it, just in case.

My grandpa finally passed away Saturday night...so I'm flying across the country to go to the funeral and be with my family. I'm going by myself...and while I'm not glad for the reason, it will be wonderful to see my family and get a little break. (Haven't seen them since Christmas.)

Hope you're all well!
    Mommy to 4 precious little boys, would love a , but more also welcome!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016
    It's a ! My little miracle from God!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Deleted.
    Last edited by Waiting4Daisy; August 1st, 2021 at 08:33 AM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Deleted.
    Last edited by Waiting4Daisy; August 1st, 2021 at 08:33 AM.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast