Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rainbow i'm sorry about your grandpa, I know sometimes at the end if its dragged on it can almost feel like a relief that they aren't suffering anymore. I hope the funeral went as well as possible for that sort of thing, and at the very least was a good excuse for all the family to get together.

I 'liked' your comment in response to the weight stuff. Basically exactly the same as me. I weighed 8-10 pounds less than I did when I conceived ds1 and 2, so despite gaining more, by 22 weeks than in previous pregnancies, I look the same. Just hoping the weight gain slows down once my body realises i'm no longer starving it!!! Surely 22 weeks of eating healthy is enough to ram that theory home?

During LE I used sugar to bulk out calories, because my le meals often left me short of the lower goal total, so once i filled my salt/fat/protein limits, I made up the rest in empty calories... i.e. SUGAR. This left me with quite the sweet tooth, because before LE I never even liked sugary things, I would always choose cheese or dip or something savoury for a treat over something sweet. But now, my gosh have I ever changed, now I want sugar all the time and have had to focus on cutting down slowly over the pregnancy and trying to get back to a more healthy balance. I have been trying to replace the sugar cravings with fruit, so when I want something sweet I feel like i'm having it, just not quite as hard to process for my body as something artificial. I've also been focussing on upping nutrients without too much saturated fat, so have been eating lots of avocado, adding coconut oil, flax seed, almond meal and cinnamon to my oats in the morning, and replacing a few cups of tea with peppermint tea. I'm hoping these things will keep my nutrients high while stopping me from gaining so rapidly, and i'm defiantly not overeating, because I tracked my calories just for fun the other day, I only ate 1800! WTF? How is it possible to gain so rapidly, only eating that much? I asked my naturopath when I was having acupuncture (my back has gone, majorly, I'm a bloody cripple so finally decided to be proactive and ask for help) and he thinks i'm storing fluid. Great. Nothing I can do there other than drink lots of water and keep moving.

How is everyone else?
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.
    Due early Feb 2014, it's a GIRL!

TTC 18months. 4 chemicals. BFP 3rd month on Clomid.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Meeks you make me feel bad, actually I felt bad already... I've been so unhealthy this pregnancy, not that I've been eating loads but quite a bit of chocolate. Honestly I don't feel like I can get through the day without it. I'm so utterly exhausted with the boys that I find I often forget to eat, then suddenly feel sick as a result, don't have time to make something healthy so grab a chocolate bar, which I barely manage to chew!!
    Aside from that I'm a serious carb junkie. I don't actually feel I've put on as much weight at this stage as I had with DS2. But probably more than DS1... I tend to pile on big time at the end of pregnancy though. And I've got a fair amount of blubber around my tummy and hips! :-(

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rainbow-so sorry to hear about you Grandpa. It's always hard even when you know the end is near. Hope having some family time was good!

Ok so here I am in the 3rd trimester! How did this happen? This pregnancy is flying by and then again it isn't! To be a mom of three sooner rather than later. Eck! So I have a quick question about nap time or even bed time for those of you with three or more. How do you get them to bed all at the same time? Right now I put DS2 to bed and my DH puts DS1 to bed. We read books and then say prayers and then they are both in bed. It takes us both 15 minutes tops and It works so perfectly!!!! NOW How does this work for my DH? Since I will more than likely be nursing the baby this is going to fall on him for at least the 1st month or so. Please give me your bedtime routines if you have one! I am a planner and I am already thinking about how this is going to work! I want this to be an easy transition for DH so he feels like he can tackle it and not feel overwhelmed bc then I will have to help more than I'd like to in that first month if it isn't easy for DH.

Thanks for the advice!!!!!
    (2009)
    (2011)
    Due January 2014 and swayed for a
    It's A GIRL!

I can do all things in Christ, who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Link to my girl sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tree-I'm with you on the chocolate! I can't stop! I want to eat it ALL the time. Well that and cinnamon rolls! Weird! This pregnancy I have been having major sweet tooth cravings. Hmmmm maybe that's why I am gaining weight so rapidly! No.....it's because of the LE diet! See denial !!!! :-)
    (2009)
    (2011)
    Due January 2014 and swayed for a
    It's A GIRL!

I can do all things in Christ, who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Link to my girl sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Soar I'm guessing your boys are in separate rooms then? Ours are in the same room so get stories together, not that ds2 pays much attention (he's only one)... Anyway, perhaps if they are in separate rooms they could take it in turns to go into each others room for joint story time? Or you could find a mutual place for them to have stories. On occasion we have done stories on the sofa and then into bed. Wherever you do it, if you decide this can work for you, it's lovely to all be together. Perhaps have a few trial runs before number three arrives to see if it works? And if it does you can properly get into that routine before the next baby arrives so its not another big change.
    I am in the same boat of going from two to three, so I'm prob not the best person to offer advice...

My big worries are things like, how are we going to get out of the house!! :-)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Myrainbowgirl sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope you are able to catch up with lits of family while you are away.

I feel huge too ladies. I had my routine ob app yesterday and when he measured my tummy he shook his head, looked and my notes and remeasured! I said something like "i feel enormous" and he just said I think you win the prize this month! Oh God i am his biggest patient! DH and I made the most of having a baby sitter and went to the ballet afterwards. FYI seeing twenty slim, beautiful vietnamese ballet dancers is not a good idea when 29 weeks pg!

I am not eating much in the way if junk as it is either really expensive or impossible to get out here but now weigh 2.5 kilos more than my normal weight which added to the 10kg I lost during the LE diet means i have put on 12.5 kilos in 29 weeks! That's 27.6 lbs!!!!! I am still well within the NHS normal healthy weight band for non pg women but feel like a bloater nonetheless!
    Oct 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Add me to the big and bulky club!! I think that the lack of running, coupled with LE diet was my downfall...but I am determined to lose the weight once baby is here and getting back into my exercise groove.

Myrainbowgirl...I pray that the time with family is blessed, that you get to spend a little of that time enjoying your wee baby inside and that the journey is safe. Your grandpa will live on in your heart and if you are lucky like me, in your wee man.

Soar....I usually do all the bedtime stuff...and I find getting the bath/teeth done first urges them to race towards the couch for books, then we go up and settle in for prayers, hugs and kisses. Once in a while my hubby helps, and it does speed it up...so if you are not nursing, then your DH will have a break on those days....otherwise, he will learn the routine fast!!!!

AFM....the idea of three, the reality of three......both seem to sound good. My boys are so ready for a new baby and I know that even with all the health concerns we have for her, she is going to be what we need. I have been working hard at work, then on the shed, then housework and most nights fall into bed wiped out....can't wait for mat. leave to start....only just over a week away!
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree View Post
    Meeks you make me feel bad, actually I felt bad already... I've been so unhealthy this pregnancy, not that I've been eating loads but quite a bit of chocolate. Honestly I don't feel like I can get through the day without it. I'm so utterly exhausted with the boys that I find I often forget to eat, then suddenly feel sick as a result, don't have time to make something healthy so grab a chocolate bar, which I barely manage to chew!!
    Aside from that I'm a serious carb junkie. I don't actually feel I've put on as much weight at this stage as I had with DS2. But probably more than DS1... I tend to pile on big time at the end of pregnancy though. And I've got a fair amount of blubber around my tummy and hips! :-(
    Oh no sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad! All I want to eat is junk but I am annoyed that even without it I am stacking it on. Maybe I should just start eating what I want and forget it since it seems inevitable anyway. I did eat a lot of crap for a month or so after bfp though. And I still have my days.

I need to find time to exercise. I have no time. Urgh.

You know what it is? I think its LE making me skinny and then now I have really bad self image (worse than before) because I know how I was and how I am now. I think it's actually a problem, as in, I am obsessing over what I'm gaining rather than just enjoying it. I would tell other women to forget it and enjoy!
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Soar View Post
    So I have a quick question about nap time or even bed time for those of you with three or more. How do you get them to bed all at the same time? Right now I put DS2 to bed and my DH puts DS1 to bed. We read books and then say prayers and then they are both in bed. It takes us both 15 minutes tops and It works so perfectly!!!! NOW How does this work for my DH? Since I will more than likely be nursing the baby this is going to fall on him for at least the 1st month or so. Please give me your bedtime routines if you have one! I am a planner and I am already thinking about how this is going to work! I want this to be an easy transition for DH so he feels like he can tackle it and not feel overwhelmed bc then I will have to help more than I'd like to in that first month if it isn't easy for DH.

Thanks for the advice!!!!!
    This is something I've been thinking about too. Your existing routine sounds exactly how we do things, so I'll be watching your keenly for advice when the time comes. The only thing I can think of is what we do now if dh or I are not home for bed time, which is take them both into ds2's room, read his 3 stories (ours have to have a number limit or we'd be there all night!) then ask ds1 to go to his room and choose his 3 stories while we put ds2 down and then read to ds1 in his room. Mine are 2 and 4 and this works for the nights when one of us is out, so maybe it will work when baby is here. I find doing it this way works because the older kid will sit through the young stories but the younger one won't sit through the old stories. So my dh is also getting lumped with the task of reading to both when baby arrives, at least for a month or two while I get some sort of routine or predicability happening.
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I´ve been MIA lately, busy as always at work, DS´s being great, DH being great, getting bigger fast and liking it I love being preggers, huge boobs, thghs and tummy, face a little pouty as well Looking forward to seeing this little man who has taken up such a "valuable" space in my life, still feeling sad, but leaving the feeling on tow behind me, trying not to let it catch up on me. He has been going through a period of very regular sleeping patterns, now he sleeps more, probably growing.. Right now he is kicking against my laptop, making it bump ever so little. Am glad to see everyone is progressing as we should. I´m sorry I don´t get online as often as before, I know it has all to do with the boy vs girl thing.. by stopping here it floats up in front of me.. so must speed on(does not sound very good does it? fleeing your difficulties?)
    My cousin is pregnant, and I bet I know what she is having, she doesn´t know herself yet..
    Hugs
    Mathilde

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast