Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Due in December/January/February 2013/14 Part 2!

New sticky for you guys!!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! Hello new thread.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow so shiny and new! :-)
    (2009)
    (2011)
    Due January 2014 and swayed for a
    It's A GIRL!

I can do all things in Christ, who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Link to my girl sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you NBP!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Look at us go! Woohoo! I hope all of you ladies are doing well. I have been hiding again since our ultrasound last week when we found out I have complete placenta previa. I swear I just can't catch a break and I know I shouldn't complain but I am just so scared now. I start acupuncture 2 times a week and go back at 27 weeks for a recheck. Please keep saying prayers that this thing moves for us, it would mean so much to me. We lost our last baby and I am just so, so scared of what could happen now. Thanks so much!!!!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Side note to the earlier conversation - our DD just turned 2 and we definitely aren't hiding from her yet when showering, changing, etc though she does know some things like vagina and boobs. HA. Gracefully hoping she doesn't start asking about daddy - that would kill him!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi girls, we're very open with our kids too. We're not nudists or anything but if I need clothing from the other side of the house it's not unusual for me to do a bare-bum-dash to find it! :-)

My boys are always following me or DH to the toilet or shower so they've seen it all!

I'm in Australia and during our hot summers, kids are always naked in the backyard under the sprinkler!

My 4.5yo DS1 knows all the basic parts of his body and girls bodies and he's more interested in farts, fart jokes, pretend fart noises, smelly bums, etc. Now THAT is driving me crazy!!
    DS1 -
    DS2 -
    DS3 -

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol am3a.

I am in Aus too and basically it seems we have a similar philosophy to most of you ladies. I was raised in a very open household where I saw mum and dad shower and do the bare bum dash for clothes, and although nothing was ever flaunted, I certainly saw everything often, and it was treated as totally normal. I was told that private parts are private and that seeing eachother is only normal if you are at home in our household, in the shower etc. It was always drummed into me that you dont show these things to other extended family members or anyone else, that private parts are private but nothing to be ashamed of. Any questions I had were answered honestly, and at age 6 I remember having that 'where I come from' book and a few other anatomy books, things were always factual and scientific in our house, and by answering my many, many questions at an age appropriate level, I didnt feel the need to ask other people, and I think we may have had a conversation about what is a home question and what is a social or public setting question. Can you tell my mum is a teacher? hehe

I plan to raise my kids the same way, and ds1 is just like me, extremely observant, questioning and likes to explore ideas until he is satisfied he understands. If I dont explain things at home, he will and does ask other people, at kinder or daycare (he's 4), so I tend to try and be as honest as possible with everything he asks, while coating it in age appropriate language and length of description, so he can actually understand. I ease in on detail. He has seen me in the shower, getting dressed, doing the naked run for clothes etc. He knows he is allowed to look at my pregnant tummy if he asks at home but is aware he cant just pull my top up in public and take a look, so I think this is the way we tackled what's socially acceptable. We talk about having to ask to see mummy's tummy and that its something private that we only do at home, not when other people are around (dont need him flashing my stretch marks to the world!!!). Same goes for boobs etc. I try to tell him the real words for things, even if they are grown up, but also tell him that some people find those words rude, so we dont talk about them much unless asking a question. He is aware that sware words are rude so kind of understands this. I try to answer his questions. He has asked me why babies drink from boobies, if they can drink from daddies nipples, why not, how babies come out etc. That last one I gave a 4 year old answer, which was "Babies come out of mummy at the hospital, the doctor helps, and daddy is there too". He doesnt need to know much more right now, but perhaps after baby arrives when hes 5 I might tell him more. I dont want to scare him or make him think his sister is going to hurt mummy. So we kind of straddle the line between telling it like it is, and being age appropriate.

I am lucky we always had this approach because I will never forget the day ds1 as a 3 year old, got up to wee in the morning, dh was at work, I put him on the toilet and he saw his doodle was hard, and LOST. HIS. MIND. He screamed, tried to lean back away from it, said "mummy mummy, its big, help, its broken, its DYING". bahahahahaha. I was thinking OMG I really thought dh would be fielding this situation. I spoke really calmly and made as if it was nothing, and said "Its ok, its ok, its normal, daddy's does that too (at which point he stopped screaming), just lean forward and do a wee, it will go back to normal". He did, and it worked (whew, wasnt actually sure if that would work), and I just said this happens to older boys, when they sleep, its normal, just do a wee and it goes away. Later I'll make sure dh explains more, when the time is right, but for now he is ok with that much info.

Hope that helps. I know everyone is different but dont think its ever too late to change your approach if one thing isnt working.
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.
    Due early Feb 2014, it's a GIRL!

TTC 18months. 4 chemicals. BFP 3rd month on Clomid.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hahaha meeks32 that's awesome!... I had a similar experience my eldest when he first had an erection he was the same mummy make it go away! I said well don't touch it and think of something else! I tried really hard not to laugh... and my second said mummy I can't do it! I said what love? I can't do what Jacobs doing! I look over and he's pulling back his foreskin... Oh dear...ummm Dad! help! dad says don't look at me I'm not doing it! So I was it... :/
    5yrs 4yrs 2yrs : Grace born 6.8.14 Thank you gender dreaming for your guidance and support & the heavens above for sending me Grace. For when our eyes met for the first time my heart felt whole and aches no more ♥

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My DS1 got erections since he was a newborn, that was quite a surprise to me!! He only started to notice in his twos as it would hurt him when wearing a nappy and we would have to set it free so it could go down. And then when wearing pants too, particularly when needing a wee. I always say either have a wee, or if that's not cause 'don't touch it'. When he is pant free he finds his willy quite interesting, probably because its hidden away most of the time.
    We have actually never had the 'its private, for home (or summer baked fun times with buddies)' chat yet but so far (he is coming to to three and a half) he's shown no indication of being interested in talking about it or showing it in public. I really think because we've always been so normal about it he doesn't think of it as any different

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast