Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a brief update, saw m/w again today. Baby still head down, long lie, FH 147-159 bpm. Bump still measuring slightly small, but still OK on growth charts. So all is well so far. I am OK, last week of work this week. I have backache, pain in my left hip if I sit too long and I am a bit tired, but not too bad. Only 7 weeks to go now. We are just trying to get everything ready and also trying to do all my Xmas shopping early too!!
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi nicnee and Lola!

Nice to hear everything's well with you, nicnee, sorry about the back pain. I hope it doesn't get worse for you, I had really bad back pain my last pregnancy and it was so distracting. This time around I've done back exercises every second day and it's actually really helped (Dromedary Droop and Forward Bend from this page: http://www.topendsports.com/fitness/pregnancy.htm. Not sure it works for everyone, but could be worth a try).

I'm off work now thank goodness, it's been really hard for me the last month and a half since I work in a lab and have to do a fair bit of heavy lifting and dealing with horrid smells, and I've been so tired I've just slept all the time I haven't been at work, basically. I've also been down about my constant breech, but had a successful ECV today and can't believe it! My first wouldn't budge when they tried so I didn't have high hopes at all, especially since this one's been stuck for quite some time. So, if everything goes according to plan, I'm in for a VBAC ! It's totally bizarre now that she turned, though, it's like all the limbs are in the wrong place! I hope she enjoys exploring her new spot .

I'm like you nicnee, trying to get everything done for Xmas as soon as possible. I have some hip issues, too, so I'm afraid that if I wait too long I won't be able to get out of the flat ! Good luck with your shopping .

Hope everything is well with you, Lola, and thanks for the turning tips! I tried some turning positions a few weeks ago, but baby wouldn't budge at all. The ECV was really difficult as well, so I really think there is no way she would have gotten round on her own. But now that she's head down, I think there is no way for her to turn back up, which is quite positive !
    Last edited by Freya; November 9th, 2011 at 05:52 AM.
    2005, swayed for boy, arrived 25/11/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hiya Freya!! You've got days to go!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you, I'll be checking daily for updates now, so excited for you xxxxx

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well all is good to go for me for my home birth, so long as I make it to 37 weeks. Have had my home birth supplies delivered today. My Hb is still on the low side, but above the cut off for home births. Baby remains head down, keeps pushing it's head onto my bladder making me want to pee!!

My aches and pains are a bit better. If baby sits low, walking is tough, if it sits high I get rib pain. Last time I was examined, midwife said babe was 3/5 engaged, but I don't think it is staying put.

Lots of braxtons, but not painful. I'm very tired at the minute and feet are swelling up by the end of the day.

Xmas shopping almost done, just a couple of bits needed for baby now. Can't believe it is getting so close!!

Good luck with the VBAC Freya. Hope all goes well for you.
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good, nicnee! I sure recognise the pain while walking, peeing all the time and occasional rib pain since the turning, so hopefully mine has remained in position too. Are you home now or still working? I had braxtons before, but none now that I'm just pottering about the home every day and can nap whenever I want. And good luck to you too, could be any day soon, right? Are you usually quite early or does it vary?

Thank you ELP, and I'm so excited for you too, hope you have a great continued pregnancy! I'll update when anything happens, not much goes on for me now now except walking around feeling like a whale. This baby is already larger than my first and seems to just grow and grow and take all my energy while doing so! Midwife checkup on Monday, so we'll see how things are then .

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quick update: baby's head down, fixed and ready to go. So now it's just to wait !

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Crashing to say~Nicnee, I hope you have a beautiful homebirth! Lots of peaceful birthing vibes to you, Mama!
    I've had 2 homebirths and they were amazing!! I'm planning my third HB There's nothing like climbing into your own bed after having your baby
    Much love~~~ xo
    Last edited by DoulaMama; November 23rd, 2011 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Wrong name!!!
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Freya~ I just looked at an older post above...Good luck with your VBAC!!!! I'm a doula and have been to quite a few VBACs You can do it, Mama!!! Xoxoxo Good luck to you and peaceful birthing vibes to you too! ~~~~
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck ladies!!
    08 09 12

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Freya, just checking in to see if baby arrived yet?? Mine is now 2/5 engaged, but hasn't been fixed up to now. That said it feels lower. Lots of BH's, getting stronger and longer. Am 39 weeks now and just starting to struggle with walking. I don't feel as though this one will be early though.
    Just about ready for Xmas too, got everything for baby and home birth. Just a waiting game now. Good luck to you. xx
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast