Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a quick update, was up half the night with strong Braxtons, they continued this morning every 15 mins. I didn't feel as though they were real contractions though. Still we thought things may start, but later on everything stopped. Still getting regular Braxtons, but I feel it was false labour this morning. I had false labour for 10 days with my last 2 boys!! But nonetheless, hopefully I can bring some good news soon!!!
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck! hopefully it will happen soon
    08 09 12

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hadn't had chance to update. After my last post, I did indeed go into labour. It all started about 15:35, when I suddenly started to get strong contractions, we were running around like lunatics trying to get my older 3 sorted (2 had just come in from school), get the TENS machine on, get the room ready for my home birth, ring the midwife, sort out child care!!!!
    During this time the contractions went from 15 mins to 7, to 5, to 3, to 2 to continuous in the space of about half an hour. Midwife was half hour away when I rang her.
    At 16:20 I needed to push, but since the midwife was not there I was trying my best to hold off. I managed to get to my bed as my waters broke, which were green with meconium. We panicked at this point and DH called an ambulance. He was basically then talked through how to deliver his baby by a switchboard guy as there was no midwife, nor paramedics and baby was crowning.
    DH delivered our 1st daughter, Katie Erin at 16:32, after a labour that lasted under an hour. She was very blue when she was born, but soon cried. Midwife arrived 5 mins later followed by 3 paramedics. We were all fine, if a little shell shocked. She weighed 8lb 14oz. We still can't believe we have our daughter at last.
    It was a truly intense and scary experience, but we have gotten over the shock now and are settling in. The boys love their sister, DH has gotten over his experience of midwifery too!!
    Will post a pic soon, but am having problems with my computer at the mo.
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What an amazing birth story nicnee!!! Massive congratulations on your gorgeous little girl xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    aww congratulations on your baby daughter! what an amazing birth story!! happy to hear you're all doing well and enjoying your new baby
    08 09 12

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG, congratulations Nicnee, I'm so happy you got your girl!!! Scary with such fast labour, and I'm so happy for you that everything went well !

Our baby arrived on November 25, sorry about the late update, you know how things get sometimes . Honestly, she never stops eating! Anyway, we had a pretty fast delivery too, nothing like yours of course, spent about five and a half hours in the delivery room and I thought THAT was bad, took me a little by surprise since I thought I would have a 20-hour marathon, first time and all .

Wishing you and your family a lovely time with the new baby . BTW, I can't believe it, we have a Katie (Catherine) too .
    2005, swayed for boy, arrived 25/11/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    CONGRATS, Nicnee and Freya!!!!! XOXOXOXOXO
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow Freya, congrats on your little girl too. I figured you must have had her, but not had time to log on. I don't get much time to come on here either, but try to spend 10 mins every so often!!

Katie isn't sleeping in her moses basket at night at the moment, but happily sleeps there in the day????? So I am a bit sleep deprived too at the minute, but feel more human this week than last week.

Take care.
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314