Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    Freya, I wish I could lie down....I actually can't, must sit at desk and look attentive. Once I have a scan (on the 20th) and I see that this baby is indeed alive and well, then I'll tell work folks and the laying down may be acceptable! I have that heaving thing also, I always feel like I can never catch my breath. And since this is my 3rd (and I'm 35), I have a feeling that its mostly due to my belly already feeling like a bloated balloon and my general sluggishness. I gained some weight on the boy diet and am just generally feeling like a big whale right now.
    Oh no, Lola, poor you . Good for you with the early scan, though, I won't get one until week 16-18. Free healthcare can suck sometimes... .I'm glad I'm not alone with the heaving, it must be pretty normal even though I don't remember it from the last pregnancy. Hope it goes soon, I'm sure you'll feel better when it does!
    2005, swayed for boy, arrived 25/11/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Oh no, Lola, poor you . Good for you with the early scan, though, I won't get one until week 16-18. Free healthcare can suck sometimes... .I'm glad I'm not alone with the heaving, it must be pretty normal even though I don't remember it from the last pregnancy. Hope it goes soon, I'm sure you'll feel better when it does!
    Thanks, I'm just ready to be out of this first trimester in general....no more nausea, m/c worry, looking fat and not yet pregnant, fatigue.....I do remember loving the middle of pregnancy! My last was born in 2005 also, so it's been a while, but I do remember hating it until about 14 weeks. Hope our heaving selves get some relief sooner than that, though.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I did indeed means spots on my face, pimples, zits, whatever. We call them spots here in the UK. I feel like a teenager again!! I'm not wishing for nausea, just expecting it to be around the corner. I do hope it isn't and tbh the nausea has got progressively less with each pregnancy I have had. Maybe I will escape this time. I can only hope.
    I was always 16 weeks before I felt human again with the other 3 pregnancies.
    Walked for miles this morning with the boys (who are off school for Easter holidays) and this afternoon I could have slept for hours, but only managed a 5 minute cat nap before DS3 wanted something!! Pregnant with 3 boys under 7 years old is gonna be tough!!
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope you escape it for a bit longer, nicnee! Sounds tough with the boys, GL with managing the holidays!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nicnee, I hope you and I both escape the MS this time....I am like you, it was less with DD2 and now it is *almost* nonexistent, although I have a small bout of icks in the afternoon. My face is totally broken out, too, I HATE it. I am going to start using the word spots, I like that much better. I hope you can get some more rest, I know how that is having to run around with little ones when you feel like a zombie!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nicnee, are you going to find out the gender of the baby? I SO hope this is your girl!!!!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lola I am really unsure about whether to find out the gender of this one. I didn't find out with any of the others, but with DS3 I saw something on the scan that made me 90% sure he was a boy. I spent the rest of the pregnancy very emotional about that and I wasn't interested in him at all whilst I was carrying him. I didn't bond with him whilst I was pregnant like I did the others. It wasn't until my best friend lost her baby (girl) at 7 months gone, (I was about 6 months gone at the time) that I realised I had to accept him and be thankful he was OK.
    So now I'm not sure what to do. If I find out, and it is a boy I don't want to spend the rest of my pregnancy feeling disappointed. If I find out and it is a girl I would rather have that as a surprise after birth. But if I don't find out I may drive myself crazy for 40 weeks!!
    I have to say I did feel whilst we were TTC, that if I couldn't conceive a girl I didn't want to be pregnant. But now I am pregnant I feel OK with the idea of having a boy. At least I know we tried everything to sway and it wasn't meant to be if I get my 4th son. Besides, my 3 boys are great, so another one would be just fine.
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nicnee1976 View Post
    Lola I am really unsure about whether to find out the gender of this one. I didn't find out with any of the others, but with DS3 I saw something on the scan that made me 90% sure he was a boy. I spent the rest of the pregnancy very emotional about that and I wasn't interested in him at all whilst I was carrying him. I didn't bond with him whilst I was pregnant like I did the others. It wasn't until my best friend lost her baby (girl) at 7 months gone, (I was about 6 months gone at the time) that I realised I had to accept him and be thankful he was OK.
    So now I'm not sure what to do. If I find out, and it is a boy I don't want to spend the rest of my pregnancy feeling disappointed. If I find out and it is a girl I would rather have that as a surprise after birth. But if I don't find out I may drive myself crazy for 40 weeks!!
    I have to say I did feel whilst we were TTC, that if I couldn't conceive a girl I didn't want to be pregnant. But now I am pregnant I feel OK with the idea of having a boy. At least I know we tried everything to sway and it wasn't meant to be if I get my 4th son. Besides, my 3 boys are great, so another one would be just fine.
    I TOTALLY feel the same way....I am scared to have GD, but also know I'd like to know and will go nuts for 40 wks. My Dh wants to find out, and so do my kids, so I am probably going to. But, sometimes I think it would be nice to just hope and dream for 40 weeks and at least enjoy my last pregnancy and then be surprised. And I'm with you, I gave it my best shot so whatever it is, it is. Big time FX for you, girl!!!!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's so nice to get to that point, I think, to be perfectly content with what you did, and happy with whatever the outcome. Although my sister recently had a boy, and I've been quite jealous, now that I'm pregnant I'm just so happy and grateful. FX for all of us !

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    It's so nice to get to that point, I think, to be perfectly content with what you did, and happy with whatever the outcome. Although my sister recently had a boy, and I've been quite jealous, now that I'm pregnant I'm just so happy and grateful. FX for all of us !
    It's funny that you mentioned that Freya, because my sister, who I am very close to, just called me last night and said they ttc on Monday for their first. I was super excited, thinking OMG she will be pg with her first and me my last together (even though we live 1,000 miles apart). I asked her if she did opks or temped or anything, and she says she just had "a ton of that stringy ewcm hanging down" so I am sure she dtd at the perfect time....but THEN my crazy pregnant brain starts thinking, Oh great....what if she gets a son and I get another girl? I can't even think about how I'll deal with that kind of jealousy, especially with my sister, who is my best friend. I'm sorry you had to deal with that, Freya!

Anyway, how is everyone getting along? I am really starting to have to wear some maternity clothes, my pants won't button and I do kinda have a tiny baby pooch, which I know is my uterus just getting huge already with #3 as the baby is just a pea right now.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast