Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's great! Glad all is well and you like your new Dr. FX you get to whine about being overdue
    Chloe 3/1/2002,Lucy 11/23/2004,Hannah 8/17/2007, Charlie 2/11/2012 GD sway baby!
    12/2003 @ 7 1/2 wks & 10/2010 @ 13 wks

Finally our family is complete!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm having some mommy amnesia and I forget the timing of everything.

When does everyone have their first ob appointment? The earliest I could get in at mine was 9+ weeks. I could only get in with my least favorite doc in the practice and am wondering if it would be too late to set my first visit after 12 weeks (I'll be on vacation weeks 10-12) so I can see my main doc. I'll be a scheduled c-section so there is no need for me to meet with any of the others this time.
    Also, I have seen and heard posts about the "nub" shots on early ultrasounds - what week are those from?
    (8/25/04), (7/21/06), (6/1/09), EDD 2/24/12 - failed boy sway

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many have you come in at 10wks because that's the first time the heartbeat can be reliably picked up via doplar. I've seen nubs as early as 10/12 wks not sure what point they are most reliable though.

I had my first appointment and got a quick u/s. Everything looks great and I'll be going back in 2 weeks for another one. My midwife is doing everything she can to ease my mind till I'm well past my m/c point, love her.
    Chloe 3/1/2002,Lucy 11/23/2004,Hannah 8/17/2007, Charlie 2/11/2012 GD sway baby!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you get a downs scan between 11-13wks? It's standard to get one in the UK now unlike when i had my daughter 3yrs ago.

3PNB, having a great midwife is really a blessing especially after what you went through so i'm happy for you. I dont feel as icky as i did a week ago so i'm kinda worrying a little, i'm also not that hungry so cant wait for my next scan. Oh by the way great that your baby's sitting on the opposite side of where your friend's baby girl was sat, it must be a boy then

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Usually with a midwife you only get one at 20 wks, not sure what dr's do standard.

Yeah I'm in love with my midwife. She's being ridiculously supportive, more then I could have hoped. I have another u/s next Thursday and will be checking the baby's position again but so far I have hope.
    FWIW I'm much less icky then I was a few weeks ago and as of Thursday everything fine. Don't worry Hun

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want the first trimester screening, you can do the nuchal fold and bloodwork together to screen for Downs from 10-13 weeks, (blood a week earlier than the ultrasound, so 11 weeks would work for both) that's sort of the ultrasound where you get the nub shot.
    If you don't want those screening tests, I'd still go in because they can do blood work and test for anemia and stuff like that which is always useful. During my screening my PAPP-A came back low, which means possible risk for pre-eclampsia, something I have never had... but I'm glad I know that because I am much more diligent about exercising every day now to keep my risk down.
    and my HT

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi girls! How is everyone? I'm still battling sickness but dealing with it. Got off the IVs! So that's good. I have seen my little bean 3 times now and everything looks great. I had my 1st trimester screening and my odds were around 1 in 10,000. My next ultrasound/appt. is on the 26th. I will be 14w4d so we'll be finding out what it is. I am so nervous and excited. My gut instinct isn't going either way with this one. The only difference is I battled acne with my son, and my skin is perfect with this one. Anyways does anyone else find out soon if it's a he or a she??
    DS #1 12.28.09 at 34 weeks. Pre-term labor, terb pump, mag., bedrest Hoping it doesn't happen again.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's great news! Can't wait to hear what you find out! We will have our 1st trimester screen next week - I'll be 13w2d which is the late end so I hope that doesn't hurt the results. This is our first time doing the NT scan/blood work. Last time I had quad screen only which gave me terrible odds (like 1:12 risk of downs) so I wanted to avoid that this time. I wound up getting the amnio, which I would like to avoid this time. Of course the amnio showed that she was PERFECTLY healthy!
    I worry that my age (39, 40 on due date) will skew things badly again.

We want to find out gender asap also.
    FYI - my DD2 pregnancy symptoms were exactly like my DS pregnancy and NOTHING like DD1 so I don't believe symptoms always tell gender.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stellanneedsasis- glad you're doing a better and your little passenger is safe. Hooray for finding out! I have an appt Wed and a quick u/s but we'll be finding out gender till the big u/s in 2-4 weeks!

Deb- fx for a healthy blue bean ita on the symptoms, I've had 3 completely different pregnancies yet 3 girls, I haven't even begun to guess on this one lol

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Got good news and bad news today. Good news - nasal bone is there and baby looks great. NT of 1.6 so now just waiting on blood work for my final odds.
    Bad news - low placenta partially covering cervix. Doc thinks it will move up since it is not totally covering, but I have to live on "precautions" as if I had placenta previa until 20 weeks.
    Not sure news - tech has been doing this for 34 years and won't guess at gender for fear of mistakes at this stage. I begged and buttered him up for a guess and he (knowing I want a boy) said "girl girl, yes girl". Don't know if he was just hedging so that I wouldn't be mad if he was wrong or to get me to not ask again (I only asked 2x, but persistently) or if my sway totally failed.
    Dealing with denial and GD right now. :-(
    Hoping he was either messing with me or wrong, but with his experience I have to believe he was right.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast