Page 55 of 161 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no clue! It's a new clinic to me so I have no idea how they run things. I don't think I will get a dating scan since I was using opks. ..The lady on the phone had asked if I did since.i never had a period in between my loss and current pregnancy. Most places around here only scan at 20 weeks. We are planning on team green anyway. I am interested in the 13 weeks scan though. I've never done it before.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sisterplease View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand how OPKs are relevant in detecting pregnancy/hormones, etc? I've seen so many posts regarding this recently I just thought I'd ask!!
    Opks also detect hcg. I saw a gradual darkening in mine since 6dpo and it was positve at the same time as an hpt. They should never replace hpts though.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OPK also detect HCG. I've done the same. No line not pg and as days increase very fat line! But only at the time when pg tests also detect. But I run out of these (did have BFP!) but had OPK left over so used them for reinsurrance
    Mom to

THX Atomic and gender dreaming forum/members. For your knowledge and support to make our dream come true and family complete!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oooh, sisterplease, you give me hope! i've only been having mild nausea with bouts of ickiness, much less than my two sons so far, so that gives me hope that i'm carrying my pink bean!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Marika, I could have written your last post at the beginning of this pregnancy. I had decided I wasn't "really pregnant" until I found out all was okay. The Panorama results were almost completely reassuring, and the 13 week NT scan finished the job for me. It's a bit like waking up to be 13 weeks pregnant! I wouldn't let myself post here/look at this website much, stayed away from the baby section in stores, and even stayed away from the baby development tickers and stuff. After my scan, I told my boys and showed them pictures of what their sister should look like online and from the book "A Child is Born."

This pregnancy was my mildest MS ever. No puking, just mild nausea when I didn't eat ever couple of hours and and a weird aversion to anything green! And yes, that started at about 3 1/2 weeks. But my first symptom was a horrific low back ache!

Now I still haven't bought a single article of clothing. I'm not doubting anymore that I'm having a DD, but I'm just not really into the clothes as much as some other people. It's more the knowing that I CAN buy them, than the act of acquiring them that makes me happy. Besides, I have no idea how much stuff I'll be getting at my baby shower, and really ALL I need is clothes, so I'm waiting.

Rosie, how old are you? All the insurances I've dealt with offered the 12-13 week NT scan for everyone and the cell-free fetal DNA test for women over 35, but my SIL just told me they gave her a choice, and she's only 30. Sometimes midwives don't necessarily order all the testing an OB would (mine offered only a couple things like gestational diabetes test and urine screenings every visit and I had to request everything else.)
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am going to be 29 soon. My old clinic I know the nuchal screening was always an option...One I always turned down being so young. This time I want it because of swaying...I'm concerned I hurt the quality of my eggs and such. Does that sound silly? Like you lilith I don't think I will be into this pregnancy until 13 weeks...I will feel safe then. Normally when I'm pregnant it's all Dh and I talk about and we are so excited but I rarely mention anything with this pregnancy and probably wont anytime soon. I refuse to get my hopes up...same with the gender. I'm doing team green. I picked a name for each sex and that's where it ends.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally guarding yourself against a loss. I've been doing though I keep reminding myself I should enjoy what I have while I have it. It's not really working. I have zero symptoms (except that I feel like I'm about to have AF -- not crampy, just full and achy). No ms except for that one day. A little tired at the end of each day, but that's to be expected (work full time, 2 young children, university course).

BUT....my 1st hcg draw was 122 (june 11).
    My second (2 days after) was 273 (june 13).
    So according to that, I'm doubling approx every 41 hours.
    My progesterone is 113 (which seems to be really high).

So I think that's ok. My dr is still having me go for blood draw evey 3 days (which is a pain in the arm...I have bad veins) to ensure everything keeps rising as it should...so hopefully that will help to reassure me.

There's my random post of the day
    Angie
    (Dec 2006) (May 2007) (April 2008) (June 2009) (Oct 2010)
    Praying for a little to complete our family.
    Utrasound at 18w5d says we are expecting our first daughter!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great thank you!! Going to try an Opk for fun as I'm only 9dpo :-)
    The 2ww is awful. Rosie, hope you get an earlier scan!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your blood work looks great Angie. I wish they would have drawn mine. I am doing my own testing with the opks...haha, they have been twice as dark as the last every couple days but now they are almost black so I won't be able to keep going with it.

You should post your opk result sister!!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use First Response OPKs and the test lines were stark white when I was pregnant with my boys. I had lines, but not positives, with my girl. I'm curious about what they'd say this time.
    DH (43), DW (40)

Page 55 of 161 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast