Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've always wanted daughters too. I think I can talk a brave game, but when the time comes, I'm sure it will hit me harder than I think. I was hit with DS2 with more force than I thought I would. I felt so sad that I felt so sad... I'm sure much of my talk is a defense mechanism. Maybe, just maybe, if I convince myself it doesn't REALLY matter, I won't be too crushed (my thought process). I just keep picturing myself with 3 boys and what life will be like because I'm too afraid to picture myself with the daughter I long for. It's such a difficult process....

Hugs,
    Angie
    (Dec 2006) (May 2007) (April 2008) (June 2009) (Oct 2010)
    Praying for a little to complete our family.
    Utrasound at 18w5d says we are expecting our first daughter!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want to give you a hug. I can tell from experience that a third boy is in fact special. There were many moments before we tried to TTC again and even while we were, that I found a girl wasn't needed. That my Fam was cool the way it was.
    Now I am pg I do worry. I know I will love a fourth Son. I know it will be special and perfect. But I will need to have him in my arms to accept that.

And I feel so stupid. Someone close to me is pg. She wants a girl as badly as I.
    I'm scared she will have her and I won't.
    My mother tells me for a while she really thinks I'm pg with a girl.. I just don't believe it. I can't. I want to guard my heart. And I do that talk too. Too others. I want to avoid baby's gender talk. It hurts Either way. Boy way because when he is he's loved! And girl talk cause I just don't want to hope.

(Did buy Some girls clothes though. Want to hope and dream in private sometimes)
    Mom to

THX Atomic and gender dreaming forum/members. For your knowledge and support to make our dream come true and family complete!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by angielorna View Post
    What an adorable baby, future! Sorry you had a poor experience. That's why I didn't even ask about a nub....just tried to keep my eyes peeled.

You have a great attitude Abifasc! That's how I'm thinking about baby. Although, I'm pretty sure it's a boy....so I won't have that shock. I even dreamed the baby was a boy last night. I think three sons will be great. The saddest part (silly, I know) is that I won't be able to call DS2 my babiest boy anymore

Angie

I feel the same Angie, our boys are about the same age.Just before my BFP I asked my youngest what would I call him if we have a third boy he said well I would still be your little boy and the baby would be the littlest soooo cute!! My eldest ruined it a little by saying no! You would be the middle boy hehe xxxxx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yahmama, thanks for the spelling suggestion, but Aleeah (I know, one extra "e" from the way you spelled it) is the name one of the trashy Teen Mom girls gave her daughter. I kind of liked Elia, but a lot of the appeal was the fact that it was a name from our favorite fantasy series, and changing the spelling would take even that away

For GoT names, I prefer Danaerys, Khaleesi, Ygritte and even Melisandre. I know, I'm totally weird. My top name picks are still Tierra, Rhiannon, and Kaia. From Arthurian legend, I love Ceinwyn (pronounced cane-win,) Nimue, and Lyonesse, but I think of these more as middle names. I think DH and I are in for a LONG battle... not unlike before! Both our boys were named several hours after they were born. The name fight literally last that long.
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    okay, so I think I'm caving about finding out the gender of baby blob. Just for "curiosity's" sake -- what do you think is the earlies an ultrasound can be accurate for gender? I'm reading some that say 16 weeks, others say 18. I'm only 13w5d, but baby is measuring (approx) 15w1d based from my last ultrasound that put baby about 10 days ahead. So if baby is bigger, would you think I could *theoretically* go in for an ultrasound end of next wee, beginning of the following week and have it be accurate?

I have a dr's appointment on Tuesday and plan to ask about the anatomy scan and if I should go at 18w gestationally or by size (I'm guessing she's going to say gestationally).

I'm starting to drive myself a little crazy. Of course, I'm going to let DH think he "convinced" me to find out :P

Any thoughts?
    Angie
    (Dec 2006) (May 2007) (April 2008) (June 2009) (Oct 2010)
    Praying for a little to complete our family.
    Utrasound at 18w5d says we are expecting our first daughter!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found out with 15wks with 2 sons!
    Mom to

THX Atomic and gender dreaming forum/members. For your knowledge and support to make our dream come true and family complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Micah was extremely obviously a boy at 15w1d!! So was ds2 at the same gestation.
    praying and swaying

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would NOT go for a gender guess by measurement, only one by actual age. I've seen too many women whose babies were measuring way ahead use the measurement date only to end up being told the wrong gender.

I *personally* would not trust an ultrasound before 18 weeks. If you are told boy at a 15 week US, I'm sure it's a boy, but I wouldn't trust a girl gender assignment until later, simply because it's easier to hide the bits until later. This was advice given to me by a tech, and I think it was great advice for someone with my extreme GD issues.

Most of the girl gender ultrasounds at 16 weeks are absolutely correct, but I wanted to be sure before I got super excited and started setting my heart on a future with a daughter.

Good luck! Whatever you choose to do, please let us know your results... we're all dying to know
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Angie - I can totally understand your eager to know! I am also counting the days and a few weeks have never seemed longer than now. I have 3,5 weeks until my next booked scan (at 18,5 weeks) and I just don't know how to make time pass quicker. I have been thinking about booking a scan earlier, but there are no places here nearby that do gender scans privately (almost all maternity care in Sweden is public so other places are rare and it's not possible to get extra scans just out of curiosity). And when I think about it rationally, it might be for the best since recommendations for gender scans are around those weeks. But emotionally I'd wanna have another one today, if only to have another nub shot.

And talking about nub shots, looked at your scan but can't see any clues! Hoping for a pink little bundle in there though!
    Gorgeous 4 6 and unfortunately in jan 2014. Swayed pink but got a lovely little in jan 2015. Now expecting an OOOPS! baby, according to Panorama test a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, had no clue there was another thread started- thanks for pointing that out!
    I would also say to wait till a few weeks later to find out gender only bc if it's not clear it'd probably drive you crazier thinking about it.
    My Dr even likes to wait till 20 wks to do anatomy scan bc you they get a clearer view of the heart. I think that's why they've been starting to give the Panorama to everyone so that most will go ahead and find out then wait till 20 wks for the scan- but everywhere is different.
    Last edited by Yahmama; August 22nd, 2014 at 03:13 PM.
    '05 '06 '06 '08 '10 '11 '12 '13

Super shocking surprise BFP without ttc! EDD Jan 7, 2015 with a !

Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast