Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your plans on feeding and diapers for baby?

I would love to breastfeed. Is it a must to have a breast pump? Or can you still manage without one,
    Also i would to cloth diaper but that one is still a work in progress when it comes to dh.

What are your plans?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wanted to reassure you that you do NOT NEED a breast pump in order to breastfeed. I have breastfed 4 children (7 years total spent BF) and never owned a breast pump!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used a breastpump for the first 2 babies but really only for my convenience - so I could have DH stay up to give the last feed or so I could go out once in a while but I never used it with DS3, couldn't be bothered and never went out anyway!

I tried cloth nappies with DS1 and failed miserably, ended up getting them all dirty then taking a week to clean and dry them so using disposables half the time anyway and DH wouldn't go near them either. I kind of wish I'd gone back to them because I was just so overwhelmed first time around with all the other new stuff I was learning and I don't feel like I'd get my money's worth if I started now! You can give it a try and sell your nappies if you don't get on with them - I sold mine on Ebay for as much as I paid for them!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm an extended breasfeeder(all of my kids have nursed from 18mos to 2yrs) and will be nursing this one most likely beyond 2yrs as I won't be getting pregnant again and disrupting our nursing relationship. I have a pump but I don't use it for my babies...I have a huge supply for the first 6 months so I pump and donate to local moms that need it. We have a new milk bank so I may start donating it to them as well. I fed a close friends babe in the NICU his entire first week of life Feels pretty awesome to do that!

I also use cloth. This time around I will be using prefolds and wool longies/covers.
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I breastfed all mine and used a electric pump every once in awhile then with my youngest he bf till he was 15 months and self weaned and i only used a hand held pump when i would get a clogged duct and he refused to eat from that breast and i had no choice i needed some help getting that blocked duct cleared.You can absolutely bf without a pump its why we are alive as a species today bc the cave men surely did not have pumps As far as cloth diapers i only used the fold yourself kind a few times with ds1 when dh was late from work and i had no diapers bc i ran out. I would love to try the adorable all in one(AIO) kind just to see if they would work for my future baby.Good luck with everything!
    Last edited by queen-of-harts; January 7th, 2012 at 11:23 AM.
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I just wanted to reassure you that you do NOT NEED a breast pump in order to breastfeed. I have breastfed 4 children (7 years total spent BF) and never owned a breast pump!!
    same here, I nursed 3 children and then I bought a breast pump only because ds4 was gbs baby was born with pnueomonia and spent 10days in nicu so I bought one so I could pump and still get my milk in so I could breastfeed him when he got out, but as soon as he was sent home I never used my breast pump again lol(nursed him to 18mos when he self weaned), breast pumps to me is if you are returning to work, or if you want to pump some milk out so you can go out(on a date or something) without the baby, or if its easier for you to give a your baby a bottle in public then finding somewhere to nurse him/her, but on occasional pumps you dont need a fancy one, a hand pump one would work (they have hand pump ones like $15 at walmart) if you plan on pumping alot then yes I would invest in an electric one, but for me my boys are always with me so I never needed a pump, I still use pampers, I think cloth diapers would be great but they are so expensive to start out with, I wished I would of done it with ds1 so bout time I got to ds4 I would felt like I got my moneys worth lol but now ttcing my last child I kind of dont see the point, (even though I would still save a bunch of money) I think its just the one huge lump sum that has to come out of your pocket at once and disposables are like monthly payments lol
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Thanks AS ! That rests my mind a lot.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXdreaming View Post
    a hand pump one would work (they have hand pump ones like $15 at walmart) if you plan on pumping alot then yes I would invest in an electric one,
    This would be something i'll be looking in to, For the just in case, Blocked ducts, dh wanted to feed or we needed to go out and leave baby.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going to breastfeed and I plan to cloth diaper. Just gotta find a friend willing to play teacher and show me the ropes.