Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone have different opinions to DH on finding out the sex and could 1 know and 1 not ?

If your DH really didnt want to kow but you did would you still find out and not tell him or would that be super wrong ???

Ive been tempted with ds 2 and 3 and with ds 3 had the opportunity as went to 25 week scan alone and they asked if i wwanted to know but i chickened out knowing that Id never be able to hide it from him that i knew.

This time AGAIN he doesnt want to know - i think i do though and wondering if i will have much will power this time around.

If anyone has ever found out and not told dh can you share your experience - did he ever find out u knew ? how did you hide it ? was it hard ?
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If my OH didn't want to know last time i would have had to find out without him........i always feared gd at birth to much for surprise
    due 25th june
    in shock both blue sways worked!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't see why finding out, if that is what you want, should be wrong just because he doesn't want to know. Let him know that you want to find out, you will respect his wish to be surprised and keep it to yourself and he should respect your wish to find out. Nothing wrong with one knowing and the other not knowing. Just keep any gender revealing purchases tucked away so he doesn't come across them and spoil his surprise... I don't see why he needs to get his way and you need to play along if it's not a mutual wish.
    2006, 2008, 2011, HT 2012

Cycle #1 @ HRC, March 2012: Pretesting FSH 5.7, AMH 2, AFC 19. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized & to GSN, 2 normal XY, 1 normal XX. Transferred 1XX. 1st beta 9 5dp5dt, 2nd beta 777 12dp5dt, 3rd beta 2823 15dp5dt. 124 at 6w6d (2 large SCHs seen). DD born 3 days overdue - December 2012.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    dh wouldn't want to know, he hasn't for last two after this i have said i'm finding out and if he doesn't want to know that's fine by me, he thinks he'd know which from my reaction which i think might be true, but after all this if i ever get a bfp i need to end the uncertainty and deal with it!
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think its one of those things, especially given potential gd where you do the work with the baby it should be your choice whether you find out or not - you have to go through the pregnancy.

With ds1 i wanted to know, he didn't - i hate surprises. We had early spotting and i was that scared of loosing my baby and never knowing what i had, we agreed and found out together.

Ds2 again he wanted a surprise and persuaded me since i had my way last time. I made it to 36 weeks without knowing but was so upset and felt like i didn't bond with my baby. It finally hit me i knew with ds1 all the way through and had a picture of my family and who he was but this baby just seemed nothingly really. This was pre-gd though when i really didn't care (although if i'm honest i wanted a girl with all of them, not cause i didn't want a boy but just cause i wanted a girl and her under my belt as it were as i knew we would have 3 so i had 3 chances - i only wanted one girl, not greedy). Anyway they thought he was breech and sent me for a scan. I took ds1 and i asked - she looked and told us and introduced him to his brother. I told dh i knew but wouldn't tell - he lasted 2 weeks and caved just before the end but i managed to keep it a secret - i'd presumed he was a boy all along so had he so secret was easier to keep as we'd always called him 'he' so i couldn't slip up really (maybe not have been as easy if i'd heard girl although to be honest if i ever get to scream your having a daughter at him he'd be too pleased to be mad).

Ds3 i horrid gd so he never would have made me wait - i'd been really upset for months and we decided to try again specifically for a girl. We found out at 20 weeks and i have never cried so much - i was devastated for weeks and so glad i found out. By the time he was born i was happy (although sad i didn't get a girl but we'd talked it through and decided the option for number 4 was there in a few years if i still needed it - we'd said 3 all along max) and so excited and ready to meet him.

To be honest even pre-gd my first reaction at hearing boy has been that of momentary sadness first and foremost and i never wanted that - even for a minute towards a real life baby. Surprises don't work for me
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would do what u want he will get over it tell him to compramise u didn't find out with the others so it's only fair
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A friend of mine stayed team green for all 5 of her kids, but her DH knew with the last one, and he let it slip out, just through conversation about the baby he said "she" so it was ruined for my friend.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are carrying the baby, you have to go through the labour, you have to go through the GD, I say find out!! GL XXX
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We were gonna stay team green this time but I just couldn't handle not knowing. So I booked a private scan without DH. I had all intentions of keeping it a secret what we were having but I was too excited. I think you didn't find out the last 3 times, he should not be upset if you find out this time, it's your choice also.

2007 2008 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found out without telling DH at an elective scan at 14 weeks and it was so much easier on me. We had our anatomy scan today and the tech wrote it on a piece of paper. Before we even made it to the car, he had it held up to the light and was looking. I was actually not so sad today and I didn't have to worry about hiding my sadness.....he doesn't understand GD. So, I am very happy I decided to go the route I did!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast