Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Short femur length on ultrasound

I had a 32 week ultrasound yesterday and today I went to my appointment and was told that everything measured fine except for the femur length which was 2 1/2 weeks behind. I now get another ultrasound at almost 34 weeks with a Dr. All my kids have been on the small side at birth. My dr. said she is not too worried because my 19 week ultrasound everything measured right on. It is hard not to be worried though. Anyone ever had this happen? I did get confirmation though she is still a girl.
    Mom of and born July 18th 2013.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a friend that had that happen. Her daughter is fine, just petite. I bet it's the same for you! Wouldn't worry too much :-)
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was small when I was born and only 5'3 now. So I think that is what it is, but it is hard not to be worried.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Totally get what you mean! I worry about everything with my kids, it's our job I suppose.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hey, I went for a growth scan on Friday. The baby is measuring two weeks ahead in head circumference and stomach but measuring spot on with femur. Did they give you an estimated weight of baby? The tech seems to think mine will be big, she's already estimated at 4 pounds and 8 ounces at 31 weeks 5 days so I'm a little concerned. My boys were all under 8 pounds.
    Five lovely boys and my princess Jessica! Born August 2013

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 5boysandcounting View Post
    hey, I went for a growth scan on Friday. The baby is measuring two weeks ahead in head circumference and stomach but measuring spot on with femur. Did they give you an estimated weight of baby? The tech seems to think mine will be big, she's already estimated at 4 pounds and 8 ounces at 31 weeks 5 days so I'm a little concerned. My boys were all under 8 pounds.
    The tech did not tell me anything. It was my doctor when I went to my appointment the next day and I forgot to ask about the weight after she told me about the femur part of it.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    5 boys with my ultrasound with ds2 at 30.5 weeks hes head and femur were 2 weeks ahead... he was born at 37 .1 days and was 7 pound!! oh and he was just on 4 pound at 30.5 weeks

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkin2011 View Post
    5 boys with my ultrasound with ds2 at 30.5 weeks hes head and femur were 2 weeks ahead... he was born at 37 .1 days and was 7 pound!! oh and he was just on 4 pound at 30.5 weeks
    Why thanks for that. It does make me feel better! I guess these ultrasounds are just never that accurate x
    Five lovely boys and my princess Jessica! Born August 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    U/s are not the most accurate at the end when things are squished... I know someone who was told her baby was 10 lbs or more so they did a c section and the baby was 6
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't worry to much. With DS1 I had almost weekly ultrasound to measure growth as they thought we was going to be too small due to measurements. I got booked for an induction at 37 weeks because they were worried about IUGR and warned DH and I how his head would be large and a tiny body (typically what's seen in babies with IUGR) likely weighing only 4lbs and he came out totally normal weighing 6lbs 1oz which was right on for 37 weeks. I am so hesitant to believe measurements in ultrasounds now - especially the further along you get!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast