Poll: Find out or not find out ( sex )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be finding out. My first was a delivery room surprise, and while it was fun and exciting, I didn't realize how much I wanted a girl, and how much I had convinced myself it was a girl, until he was born and I felt very disappointed, and even like he wasn't really my baby because I was supposed to have a girl! I know that is crazy, but I had very bad gender disappointment (even though I had never heard that term then), and postpartum depression. I cried for days, weeks. It took about 3 months for me to bond with him. It was a very rough period for me. I found out with ds2 and ds3, and while I was sad for awhile after finding out, I had time to adjust to the fact and start to get excited about my new little guy, so by the time they were born, I did not experience any disappointment. I did have "baby blues" with both of them, but no where near the ppd I had after ds1, and it has gotten much better each time. So for me, I know I need to know in advance so I can use the second half of my pregnancy to come to terms with having a fourth boy, instead of having to face it in the hormonal, emotional time after giving birth.
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was going to go team green but I am already obsessing over it and I am only 5 weeks. I don't think I want to go through the next 8 months thinking about it, I really wanted to just enjoy this pregnancy but I can't get it out of my head. I feel it is probably better to find out when I can, so i get just get on with it and be happy that I have 2 children, two boys or a boy and a girl.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found out with both my other pregnancies and I was tempted to stay team green this time but I'm glad I didn't. I hadn't realised how much I thought this baby was a girl and I need this time to get my head around another boy before he arrives.

I was also hoping it would allow me to relax and enjoy the pregnancy but I can't say that is the case. Instead I am obsessing over wrong gender predictions at scans, dealing with my gd and weighing up having a 4th baby at some point in the future.
    I'd really like another scan to prove to myself that yes of course this is another boy and it really doesn't matter what my instincts are telling me but I can't justify paying for a scan for that. I get another one at 32 weeks so she should be able to confirm boy then. x
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the fence... I want to go team green, but I can figure out whether I want to because I'm scared of hearing boy and then I'm afraid if I don't find out, and it is a boy, I'll have spend all pregnancy convincing myself its a girl and then fall at the final hurdle and become depressed or disappointed. I had PND with my eldest and I'd rather not trigger it again.

But I'd like to think we will be going team green!
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumping for the new comers :-)
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm planning on going team green. But I am very curious as to bub's gender so not 100% sure that I will make it to the birth. But I do think it would be best for me. Tbh I've become depressed in the second half of all my pregnancies because all the suffering during the pregnancy has yet again not resulted in a girl. I think I need to believe that there is hope, but not build it up in mind, that there might be like a 2% chance of this baby being a girl. In saying that I think it is VERY important that I not build up this false hope that it is a girl because I feel that will only result in disappointment at birth when DS4 arrives. I am just going to believe that this baby is a boy, and I really do think it quite likely is and if it's a girl then bonus.
    2005 2007 2011 2013

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel like if you are going to have any GD you will have no matter when you find out I personally would want to know in advance that way I could work through my GD before my baby was born.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well we were going to go team green and DH & I were 100% keen on the idea. DS1 the U/S place left his bits for all to see on the screen so I knew without being told and DS2 I went and paused/framed through his u/s till I saw his bits lol This time I went to the NT scan and the tech asked if we wanted to know and well we kind of said yes!! Now that she has said "possible" girl I HAVE to know... I have been obsessing since the scan and if I continued to go team green till birth I would be an absolute wreck! 19 days to go before we know.... This will be the first time we have actually been told at a scan, kind of feels weird to me.
    2006 (5) (3) & cautiously expecting a beautiful baby in May

Baby Annabelle Clare arrived safely into the world 10th May 2013 - Let the fun begin!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am pregnant with my fourth. I knew that the first two were boys - the first time, the GD only lasted a few days. The second time, it was the second half of my pregnancy. So the third time I didn't want to know. The GD was MUCH worse - I was just convinced it would be a girl! The fall was so much harder. I was sure I was going to find out this time, and my husband wants to.

But I'm too scared of hearing 'boy' again. I don't want to feel badly for the second half of my pregnancy. I'm hoping for a late ultrasound so I can find out later on and not have to have an entire 20 weeks of knowing it's a boy. The not-knowing is driving me really crazy, so in a way, I do want to know and prepare myself. I'm rationalizing that since I know that my GD will be bad, I might as well enjoy this last pregnancy and deal with any disappointment at birth. At least I'll know what I'm in for this time!
    200320052008:2013

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm only 8 weeks and I'm thinking I would love a surprise. We found out with all our girls and tbhI had terrible Gd with dd3 and did not enjoy the rest of the pregnancy. As much as I would love a boy, I'm glad I'm pg and having my last baby:-) so I'm hoping I'm strong enough...
    6 4 Dec 09 2 August 2013

Our sway worked:-) Thank you everyone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast