Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Only what Google says which is that one of the ways they treat neutropenia is with strong antibiotics so to me that doesn't sound like it would come from antibiotic treatment? No person experience just what Dr Google says
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Burakoam. Doctor is referring us to an immunologist. She's already had 3 different courses of antibiotics (on separate occasions) within 2 months. I'm not a fan of antibiotics, especially with someone so young, but when you see your little one go through illness after illness you trust your doctor and do what you can to help them. I just wonder if maybe my taking strong antibiotics during early pregnancy may have affected her immune system (or maybe gut flora) when she was developing in utero? At the time, the hospital told me they were safe to take and won't pass through to bub but not enough studies were done on humans. I guess this is more a question for medical professionals...

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The medical professionals do not know. They know so little about the way the immune system works. (remember, they were the ones telling you it was safe anyway)

If I were in your shoes I would be wondering the exact same thing. Even something like maybe it disrupted YOUR gut bacteria and they were not passed to your baby - or could the C Difficile itself have caused this? We could imagine a million sets of circumstances. These are the kinds of things that one would naturally think about in this situation, totally understandably. I just don't think anyone really knows where the truth lies and probably never will.

I hope and pray that you guys are in good hands and that they are pursuing the best treatment that they can come up with for her and that this is soon just a distant memory.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12