Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

C. Difficile and first trimester

I hadn't wanted to announce yet that I am 10 weeks pregnant as I've never told anyone other than DH before 12 weeks before. But I am in hospital with C. Difficile and feel so lonely and frightened. Has anyone else had this in the first trimester? Was the baby ok? Feel so rubbish right now

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry. Are you on antibiotics? My grandmother had it and it was a long battle for her because she is older. It is very contagious so be careful who visits. The only thing that kills it is bleach.

I hope they are able to get it under control soon. I have no idea how or if it affects pregnancy.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, how miserable. I don't know anything about the effects during pregnancy, but according to Dr. Google "there is no evidence to suggest that C. diff infection during pregnancy can harm the unborn baby." So hopefully that puts your mind at east a little. Feel better soon, hun.
    2006, 2008, 2011, HT 2012

Cycle #1 @ HRC, March 2012: Pretesting FSH 5.7, AMH 2, AFC 19. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized & to GSN, 2 normal XY, 1 normal XX. Transferred 1XX. 1st beta 9 5dp5dt, 2nd beta 777 12dp5dt, 3rd beta 2823 15dp5dt. 124 at 6w6d (2 large SCHs seen). DD born 3 days overdue - December 2012.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont know what it is but hope you feel better soon xx
    due 25th june
    in shock both blue sways worked!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the replies. I am on antibiotics and a drip. I got really dehydrated and ketones were 5+. Much as I'd love to see my kids I wouldn't want them to catch this, it's horrible. Just hope the baby hasn't suffered too much with me not eating and all the dehydration.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also don't know what that is but I had hand foot and mouth disease early on in my first trimester. I honestly have no idea if that is comparable to what you have but my doctor was fairly concerned at the time, cause of the high fevers and usually adults shouldn't get it at all. Really hope you feel better shortly!!!!!!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks cvd. Foot and mouth sounds horrible. Glad it turned out ok.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure what It is but hope you feel better soon x
    2006 2008 2010 : 2013
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Justjessica, I know this is a few years after your post but am wondering if anything happened to your baby once he/she was born?*

I had C.Diff when I was 7-10 weeks pregnant and I too was very scared about my baby's health.* I was given 40 vancomycin antibiotics to take, which I was told was safe to take during pregnancy.* To what extent that is true I am not sure because my baby has been suffering from illnesses for over 6 months now.* It started with fevers, and they are recurring (sometimes every week), and when she turned 20 months she got viral infections (coughing for weeks), ongoing fevers, cold-like symtpoms and mouth ulcers as well at one stage.* It seems never-ending.* Today we found out she has neutropenia and anaemia.* I am wondering if it was due to the strong antibiotics I was prescribed during first trimester?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ezz, I'm not sure she comes onto the site any more. I'm so sorry to hear of your daughter's illnesses and I hope and pray they get things sorted out for you guys very soon.

Does anyone else have any information to share about this??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Thanks Ezz thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast