Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good, Bad and some rather shocking news from me today.

I went for an early scan 7+1 becaus eof my previous miscarriage and just because of my anxiety over xmas being in threat of escalating so the midwife refered me to the early pregnancy unit.

The shock - 2 sacs
    the good - 1 healthy heart beat
    the bad - no 2nd heart beat

I didnt ask questions as was too confused by the whole thing but 1 sac was huge compared to the other. The big sac had the non beating baby in it and the small sac had the baby with a heart beat - not sure what this means.

She has booked me in for jan 4th for another scan which means i need to go all over xmas not knowing anything more than i do now.
    She said it will go 1 of 2 ways either its too early to see another heart beat and in 2 weeks we will see it OR in 2 weeks we will just see the 1 ( or possible non) and all I can do is wait ,,,,,,

So thats my news. Not sure how i feel - I feel pretty numb to be honest - hubby doesnt seem bothered he said you cant get upset about a loss at this stage ( he is your typical unattached male until the baby is here !!! ) he really wouldnt bat an eyelid at a miscarriage before like 15-20 weeks where as even early losses upset me so im finding his response quite tough to take so may be on here alot for support in the next few weeks.

Has anyone had similar and everything turned out ok ?
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OH WOW!! that is a lot to take..While I don't have any words to help you, I do want to say congratulations and that hope all turns out well for you!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have any advice. It's brilliant you can see a heartbeAt. Am hoping the other will appear soon. Can you go back Monday? I have been scanned on Xmas eve and New Year's Eve before so know they can do it. They normally leave a week in between. Can you speak with your midwife and get her to re arrange the scan? Days can make a difference at this early stage. Did they send you for bloods to tests levels? I hope you are ok but you don't want to be fretting all over Xmas xxxx
    2003 2005 2010
    Swayed so really hoping for a little

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy crap! I know what you mean about DH, mine is almost completely removed until birth What did doc say?
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Doc didnt say anything it was just a tech did the scan then sent me home i didnt see anyone and havent booked in yet so dont have any notes though i know she printed photos cos i saw them coming off. it was the tech who told me to come back in 2-3 weeks. Ive left a message for my midwife to see if she thinks a week will make a difference as id like to go back xmas eve to get another look with hubby in tow but i dont think she can influence the EPU as thats at a different hospital to where she is based and the hospital she is out only deals with women from 11 weeks so i may then be told to call the epu back and see what they say but i wouldnt know what to say to them if im honest. Without good reason they may not re scan without the techs say so ?
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I fell down the stairs I spent hours in a and e and then saw lots of different people and epu said no they wouldn't scan - midwife called on the Monday and got me a scan in 5 mins of phoning them. They aren't based at that hospital either though. I had situation where I bled early in pregnancy - just a little and they scanned me Xmas eve - they saw two sacs two fetal poles but no heartbeats - I went back New Year's Eve for confirmation but I was further gone than you - I was just over 9 weeks and knew my dates - I think it's really good you saw a heartbeat - sounds really positive. There is still hope for a second to appear too. My recent miscarriage showed no fetal pole or heartbeat - blood tests weren't doubling in 3 days, next scan they saw fetal pole but no heartbeat. But again i was around 8 weeks so further along. That's why I think it's so so positive to see a heartbeat - have everything crossed for you and also that they can schedule scan sooner. The midwives know its not good for you to stress.

Hope I have helped here and not hindered x
    2003 2005 2010
    Swayed so really hoping for a little

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Goodness I can see how you are so confused. Surely they won't leave you hanging over Christmas? That's just cruel. Hopefully your midwife will be able to sort something sooner than 4th Jan. I really hope the second heartbeat was just hiding! X
    Mummy to 2007 and 2009.
    MMC Jan 2013 at 11+1.
    Expecting 3rd Feb 2014.
    Please stay healthy and come to complete our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd call the midwife team lots until you can speak to one of them and talk it through and see if they can expedite another scan. You definitely need reassurance over Xmas. Or go to an antenatal day unit and speak to a midwife in person. You don't want to stress yourself - information is power!
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats mum on the good news. I think it may just be too early. I will be crossing my fingers for you!!! Try not to stress, although easier said then done of course!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, given your history of m/c, couldn't they get you in next week, for some assurance? That sounds like torture. Even though there's not much they can do to prevent anything, just a quick scan so you can sleep at night? Def talk to the midwife, maybe she's got some pull...
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast