Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Chit Chat what will be on your Dinner plate on the 25th

I love Christmas Dinner and was just wondering what everyone eats, Cos I know not everyone eats the Turkey and Ham, And I think it could be an Irish thing to have to two meats together in the one meal.

So here is the menu to be served by my Mum.

Starter : Cheese, winter leaf, candied walnuts, pear and cranberry salad ( Usually this is Goats cheese but I guess not for me this year)

Soup : Cream of Mushroom

Main: Brazil Nut roast, Roast potato, Carrots, Brussels Sprouts, Mash Potato, Grilled pineapple slices, my own batch of veggie stuffing balls ( the non veggies will be having Turkey and Ham and my mam makes a mash potato with sausagemeat and turkey juices kinda stuffing too) Plus white sauce & cranberry sauce

Dessert : Christmas Pudding with my Aunts double cream and meringue ice-cream with homemade butterscotch sauce.

I know it sounds like a lot of food. And it is, I will be breaking out the maternity clothes for the first time for this dinner. But we start eating at 2.30ish and probably wont finish until 6pm.
    Last edited by Pearl327; December 20th, 2012 at 10:48 AM.
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds so fancy and tasty pearl! I am very jealous! We normally have ham but my I'm said she is feeling lazy this year and wants to do tacos...I could just cry.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We do go all out for Christmas i suppose, never really thought about it too much as it is a similar dinner down at DH's parents house so I assumed it was normal. There are 13 of us in my family, incl 2 DP's and 3 kids so it was always a big dinner to feed a big family.

I don't think I would be too impressed with taco's for my Chrismas dinner either.
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We normally always had a fancy dinner but lately my mom hasn't been into it and my mother in law can't cook, haha
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well we usually start off in the morning with bucks fizz and smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels.

Lunch will be a turkey roast, roast potoaoes, parsnips, carrot and swede, broccoli, sprouts with bacon, pigs in blankets, garvy etc etc you get the idea - big full on roast diner

Pudding will be something rich and filling with lots of cream

Then there will be a cheese and cracker board and some mince pies no dobht

Can not wait !!! Yum yum yum
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow your lunches sound so nice - can i come?

I have to cook lunch myself this year (first year) so i have no clue how it will turn out, am doing:

Potato and leek soup with fresh crusty bread

Turkey or Gammon (or both if your my hubby), roast potatoes with garlic, mashed potatos, chantey carrots, yummy yummy beans (as my son calls them), cheese and leek bake, sausages wrapped in bacon, sprouts, gravy and something veggie for me (probably mushroom wellington).

Christmas pudding with brandy and cream or probably a big chocoloate fudge cake - not sure and ice cream (chocolate and toffee) with chocolate sauce and sprinkles for the kids.

Hope i pull it off
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We pick a new theme every year for Christmas and that is what determines what we eat. This year it is Cuban food! We are having Pork, empanadas, black bean and rice, cuban bread, picadillo, platanos and tostonas and then lots of different desserts. This is only our third year of doing themed meals and I love it! Previously we have done Mexican and breakfast for dinner. So yummy!
    Mama to 3 boys
    DS1 Bryce 2006
    DS2 Austin 2008
    DS3 Camden 2011
    TTC # 4 swaying girl

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well every year we have turkey and ham but this year I talked my good ole mom into making a roast also! So we are having 3 meats this year. Also string beans, stuffing, Macaroni and cheese, rolls, and possibly potato salad. Also an array of desserts including a red velvet cake.
    Mommy to a darling 2 year old
    Expecting a in June 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker