Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

At what stage of pregnancy will you start sorting baby stuff, clothes into drawers, nursery etc ?

We are not having a nursery as such but the spare room will house all the baby stuff just in the drwers that are already there. We will be leaving it as a spare room for visitors with the bed etc in there unntil bubs needs it for itself at like 6 months old in which case we will then swap the bed for a cot but we wont be decorating it like a nursery as they just grow up so fast we dont see the point plus we really cant afford to so we are trying to be practical but i am wondering when i should start sorting it out -when i should start clearing out the drawers, making space, re arranging furniture, getting all the baby stuff from the lost etc. Part of me thinks after our 20 week scan as then i can still fit in the loft !! Part of me thinks nearer 30 weeks + would be better as i dont need to rush it AND PART OF ME THINKS START NOW AS as i work full time and hardly have 10 mins spare at a time even when not working so might be better to start now doing 1 drawer at a time etc - the stuff in the loft is going to take atleast a week alone to sort out !!

Just wondered when everyone else will be starting ?
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We started right when we found out!! Our spare room was used as our "storage room" which is now going to be DS1s room! So as soon as we found out we started organizing, clearing out, buying baby things we needed again (swing, bassinet etc) waited till later -maybe 10 weeks - for our bigger purchases (double stroller etc). Now in the room is just baby stuff! We are about to move on to painting probably in February our nursery is staying as is. It's a teal colour with safari theme, works for this babe too so not redoing any of it! Might change some of the wall decals though! Clothes I've already gone through as well since finding out about DS2. I always need to be super organized hehe. I assume the rooms will be complete in about a month!
    Last edited by cvd; January 12th, 2013 at 07:55 AM.
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Our oldest is moving into a bedroom downstairs and the new baby is moving into his room upstairs. I am in classes that finish in 5 weeks so we will start organizing it all after that. We don't find out what we are having so we won't do very much to the baby's room ahead of time but we will need to paint the room and make curtains for ds1 room. We also only have a crib for this baby so I will probably start buying baby stuff around the same time. So I guess we will start working on it around 20 weeks which is around the time my classes get out.
    200120042007June 24, 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Started a few things after 20 weeks.. And then at around 32 weeks or so picked up the pace
    Our long awaited is here!!!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I's say 5 or 6 months. We ds#4's room is now our office/computer room, so we have to figure out what do do with all of that stuff first.
    8/2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cvd View Post
    We started right when we found out!! Our spare room was used as our "storage room" which is now going to be DS1s room! So as soon as we found out we started organizing, clearing out, buying baby things we needed again (swing, bassinet etc) waited till later -maybe 10 weeks - for our bigger purchases (double stroller etc). Now in the room is just baby stuff! We are about to move on to painting probably in February our nursery is staying as is. It's a teal colour with safari theme, works for this babe too so not redoing any of it! Might change some of the wall decals though! Clothes I've already gone through as well since finding out about DS2. I always need to be super organized hehe. I assume the rooms will be complete in about a month!
    Im like you I sooooo need to be organised - drives my hubby mad as he is a very last minute man - he doesnt see why im itching to get started but i have like OCD in that if i know something needs doing i need it doing now - I cant bare knowing something needs doing but leaving it.
    Also our spare room that will be where the baby stuff goes is full of all our junk too - the bed is piled high with stuff the cupboards and drawers full of stuff so i need to clear it all out get it all up in the loft then start bringing the baby stuff down from the loft and sorting it out seeing wehat we have, what needs replacing etc and I know its going to take time - what with working full time and having 3 young kids i think the most ill manage is an hour an week probably at the weekend so I figured i might start tomorrow clearing out some of the drawers - just pile it onto the bed with the other stuff then atleast everything will be empty and that will make me feel better !! ha ha I just know after an hour ill be knackered too and loose motivation so its going to be a long process.
    Just wish we were having a proper nursery but know its just not practical as although the baby will eventually sleep in there it also needs to be converted to an office space for the boys to do homework and hubby to do work in so would be pointless painting etc.
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Should I maybe get on this lol?!? Darn you pininterest for giving me too many ideas!!! At least I don't have to paint, although I'd like to change the theme! But have had a hard time coming to a final decision!!

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    Im like you I sooooo need to be organised - drives my hubby mad as he is a very last minute man - he doesnt see why im itching to get started but i have like OCD in that if i know something needs doing i need it doing now - I cant bare knowing something needs doing but leaving it.
    Also our spare room that will be where the baby stuff goes is full of all our junk too - the bed is piled high with stuff the cupboards and drawers full of stuff so i need to clear it all out get it all up in the loft then start bringing the baby stuff down from the loft and sorting it out seeing wehat we have, what needs replacing etc and I know its going to take time - what with working full time and having 3 young kids i think the most ill manage is an hour an week probably at the weekend so I figured i might start tomorrow clearing out some of the drawers - just pile it onto the bed with the other stuff then atleast everything will be empty and that will make me feel better !! ha ha I just know after an hour ill be knackered too and loose motivation so its going to be a long process.
    Just wish we were having a proper nursery but know its just not practical as although the baby will eventually sleep in there it also needs to be converted to an office space for the boys to do homework and hubby to do work in so would be pointless painting etc.
    Yes that's what I'd probably be doing if I was in your situation - just do a bit here and there so it's atleast getting done! I HATE knowing there's something to be done/bought etc. It also drives my husband insane!!! Like tomorrow we are going to go buy DS a twin bed - I have NOOO intention of taking him out of the crib anytime soon but I just need to get it so I know I'm ready and it's DONE. LOL! I'd say it's like OCD for me too. I sit back and just laugh sometimes!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not even pg yet but have started to get the spare room in a useable state. We won't decorate until we have a bfp but I bought the wallpaper a year ago when a local decorating shop closed down due to retirement. We paid £6 for 6 rolls and it's a lovely cream paper with kites, balls, stars and other baby-ish pics on it. I can't wait to get the wallpapering stuff out! I just don't want to start until I have good reason to!
    Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well i started i emptied all the drawers from one unit on to the bed and have ordered some vacum bags so i can store them in the loft :-) That was enough - i then got bored and felt tired !! ha ha will take another look tomorrow..
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast