Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Failed sways - are you doing anything to make up for it???

Since this is our last child and we didn't get our baby girl, to make up for it, I am redoing our bedroom!!!
    Right now (if you've seen my belly pics lol) it's pretty masculine: blue walls, black and silver bedroom set, black damask comforter. I am doing a total room change! Painting the walls beige, have already ordered a leopard print comforter set that I've wanted for a while hehe. I know it doesn't cover the fact that I won't have a daughter but I'm super excited for a girly room! I'm not sad about having 2 boys, but I just want to do something for me! Even our mini schnauzer Bentley is a male, although he has been neutered and DH is next inline , so I just want a girly space in the household!
    Is anyone else doing anything to kinda cheer yourselves up? Would love to hear your ideas!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good for you, CVD-you deserve that space!
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nah, I don't own a home so can't remodel anything. I was thinking of taking up painting again after teddy is born but it has nothing to do with no girls. We may still have one more kiddo so I still have a chance but I am not going to count on it being a girl!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I agree with Jadis, good for you for doing something for yourself!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am doing my room over too. I am painting the walls a light gray. And I bought a new comforter set that's white, yellow and gray. I also got an upholstered headboard that's dark gray. Change is good!!!
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I LOVE this post! Been trying to think of the same kind of stuff to cheer myself up. We recently moved so there's definitely a lot of decorating still to do. Aside from that I'm already trying to get in shape for after baby by doing some strength training classes. I figure with three boys I better be "tough" and wouldn't it be nice if I had toned arms when I'm photographed holding the baby?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeMenAndALAdy View Post
    I am doing my room over too. I am painting the walls a light gray. And I bought a new comforter set that's white, yellow and gray. I also got an upholstered headboard that's dark gray. Change is good!!!
    I agree!! Change is a great thing Love your room decor! We should post before and after pics!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BZ94 View Post
    I LOVE this post! Been trying to think of the same kind of stuff to cheer myself up. We recently moved so there's definitely a lot of decorating still to do. Aside from that I'm already trying to get in shape for after baby by doing some strength training classes. I figure with three boys I better be "tough" and wouldn't it be nice if I had toned arms when I'm photographed holding the baby?
    Decorating definitely makes me happy LOL! How far along are you BZ?? Before swaying I was a hard core "bootcamper" 6 times a week, in good shape, but since I started swaying I've totally stopped and gone down hill. I was thinking about starting some light working out but I'm not sure if it's too late to start because you're so right, toned arms are FABULOUS! Hehe!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 20 weeks (just had my anatomy scan Monday where we found out it's a third boy). I used to run and do hot yoga and weight classes...gave up the weight classes during my sway and then was told not to do much exercise first trimester because I had a little spotting scare, so I'm just now getting back into it and I am SORE! I skip the abs and just do kegels because it seems kind of pointless (and unsafe) to do crunches, but the squats, lunges and arm work can only come in handy in labor, delivery, and recovery

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BZ94 View Post
    I'm 20 weeks (just had my anatomy scan Monday where we found out it's a third boy). I used to run and do hot yoga and weight classes...gave up the weight classes during my sway and then was told not to do much exercise first trimester because I had a little spotting scare, so I'm just now getting back into it and I am SORE! I skip the abs and just do kegels because it seems kind of pointless (and unsafe) to do crunches, but the squats, lunges and arm work can only come in handy in labor, delivery, and recovery
    Oh really??? So I could probably totally start out light too, I'm 20 weeks as well. I was afraid to work out in the first tri! Congrats on your healthy boy but sorry you didn't hear pink though , what number is this for you?
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast