Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Having a bit of a rough week :(

This week has been a stressful one. Sorry to be a downer, kinda just need to vent.

Aside from feeling super uncomfy, major fatigue and other pregnancy related things - we have a rental unit and late Friday night I received an email for my tenant saying he has lost his income so he will be moving out starting the NEXT day.
    Although he has a signed lease with another 5 months, we have decided to let him go.. we could take him to court for the remainder of his payments but if he's lost his income, I don't see the point, it'd just cause stress. We went to check on the unit last night to see how his moving is coming, and I am flabbergasted at the state of it, pure disrespect. We have had several tenants move out but this has got to be the worst. This tenant knows I am 8 months pregnant and now, in April/May rather then preparing for our new baby and relaxing, doing family things etc, my husband will have to work his 50 hours then come home to fix, renovate and clean the unit - meanwhile I will have to do as much cleaning as my back can take to help him and start advertising, showing and interviewing. Holy timing . We knew we'd be going through this in a few months but at least by then we'd be settled with the baby, I could help more AND we could plan ahead knowing it's coming. He literally gave us less then 12 hours notice that he was leaving. Also makes it hard when DH has a month booked off to be home after the baby so I can recover from my surgery. We had planned to renovate the kitchen in the unit after this tenant, but now financially we don't want to spend money on that before the baby comes, so it'll have to wait until after NEXT TENANT.
    BLAH. Sorry for the long rant. This timing just couldn't be any worse and we have to tackle it right now, we can't put it off because we need the income, that's how we manage for me to stay at home and not have to work.
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh! I am so sorry cvd, that really sucks. I hope you are able to find a way to manage. Have any friends willing to donate some of their time? I would be soo upset and frustrated like you are, big hugs!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very sorry to hear this cvd. I know the pressure and stress that unexpected things like this can have, as my parents own quite a few rental properties in Ireland which my mother manages as well as being a SAHM (my youngest sister is still in school - but will be going to Uni this september). Do you at least have a deposit that you can keep from the tennant for breach of contract or if not maybe you could scare him into covering some of the costs of making it livable again by threatening legal action as this may just be an excuse to leave and it would give you a chance to see if he is really that broke. If you did then you could use that money to hire in cleaners to do a lot of the heavy cleaning for you or at least rope in some family and friends to help out.

But on the bright side at least it will be all settled fingers crossed before hudson is born.
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sorry for the horrible timing but on the bright side you do have a month before babe comes. like someonel else said do you have any friends,family that can help? And awesome you guys are soo young and already own rental property that is pretty cool and will have you set for life. You def. are entitled to keep the deposit he paid to pay for any damge or cleaning
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh hun thats sucks - does he not have to give and pay notice ? Do u not hold a retainer for this sort of thing so that if he decides to leave you keep the deposit and deduct damages etc ? Might be something worth thinking about for the future ? Hope things perk up soon. x
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies!! I'm super bummed/stressed but things are starting to look up! He is almost all moved out.
    We do take last months rent at the beginning of the lease and because he did not give us proper notice/broke the lease we are keeping his last months rent although he is not using it, thanks goodness that at least worked out lol. Both our dad's have agreed to help us with repairs/renos. We found a fabulous deal on kitchen cabinets too so looks like we are going ahead with our renovations anyway.

We didn't like this tenant so we are trying to look at it as a blessing in disguise. We are also very thankful it is happening now and not right around the time Hudson is born, that would have been a lot worse.

Thank you for listening to my long vent lol I appreciate it.
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear that. It sounds very stressful. Big hugs x
    due July 2013